Close
One second...

Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet

All letters are builded as a modular- lettering headline, so I thought would be contradictory writting \"lorem Ispum\", as an automatic fill text, in stead of some other.

I\'d like to make a serie of different modular type designs with the \"lorem ipsum\" text.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Pair

I can only make out the first two words. If it wasn't for the title I wouldn't have a clue as to what it said.

artgeek17

and what does it mean? it's in latin, right?

Kramer and Sprenger

I love it! I had to look up what it means, which took me all of 5 seconds. I love the typography, it is genius? Did you make it yourself? I have never seen it before. But I also didn't know about "Lorem Ipsum," so clearly there is a lot that I don't know.

IC-Three

this is hella cool. wish i'd thought of it. perhaps front and back tho is too much? i mean i like em simple me. :)

BasicShift
BasicShift profile pic Alumni

great concept -- very cool!

Hopeless_xo

So it doesn't mean anything then? even so, i like the concept of the straws, its well done.

craeon

I'd buy this. Doesn't matter if I can't read it, the design as a whole looks great.

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

I would like the back design by itself. It looks great!

yr red scare

Dummy text!

Nice job for making a shirt that no one can read. I'd buy it.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

nicely done but considering maybe .05% of people will know what the words mean they'll have a hard time trying to find words they know out of it.

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Hard to read but nicely done.

Phonix

strawtastic!

Xaverie

I have a special place in my heart for Lorem Ipsum.

Nice design.

swirlsNcurls

hehe...i want it just to confuse people!

marta cerdà

A balance between illustration and type, I love both what it says and how it looks like! Lorem ipsum, all designers use it, allthough we mostly don't know what it means... sad! Great work, congratulations!!

ChillieJ

I'd totally go for a Lorem Ipsum shirt, but I don't really like the straws.

alergia76

This design is gonna be a classic! believe me, get one of those before i become a expensive vintage item! ;-)

alex trochut

Hey guys!

Thanks all for your comments!!! I'm very happy with all this opinions! Its true, this design didn't had a priority in readibility, the idea was playing with a complex structure throught simple shapes and make a headline out of it, in this case, the design was meant to be seen than to be readed.

Lorem Ipsum is a fragment of a passage from Cicero. The text that we use in graphic design doesn't have any real meaning... And this is because when we use it, we want people to focus in the design itself, not in the content of the text. That's why I choose Lorem Ipsum as a text.

pwaulie

a. sad that some people don;t know what the lorem ipsum text is....

b. awesome that it is on a shirt

c. but not well executed (of course, i could do no better)

herekittykitty

pwaulie-
a. i'm sorry that we suck so bad (but not really; stop being a prick)
b. tell me what it means!

wasslara

What's the design on the back look like? Yay, lorem ipsum! It's kind of an in-joke with me and some of my freinds that I had Latin with in highschool.

bAptIsTe

funny mood! back to the 80's!

rafael000

hahah.....great...LOREM IPSUM!

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

herekittykitty>>Lorem ipsum... is coming from a Cicero's text, but it has been modified, so it doesn't mean anything.

Superexpresso

yeah, this shirt makes me feel thirsty and full of love..
I want one, no, two.
Wait, gimme ten.

Definitely my cup of tea.
Congrats!

soliejete

"Dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet" - is cicero's actual quote, but "lorem ipsum dolor sit amet" is a professional version of "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"-- gives a variety of letters so you know what the font and style looks like.

soliejete

In short: I like it, it's clever, it's a good shirt

kkjelden

I love bendy straws. $5

thINK
thINK profile pic Alumni

Really well done!

holme hippie

Alot of silly comments on you design Trouchut, seems like the threadless changed alot the last years, now its full of people without a clue. Anyways, I like how the shirt finally turned out, think you solved the endings of the straws much better now, and also the drink at the back is a nice touch. This is surely gonna be printed if you ask me.

spectrasonic

Ya te he votado y vas a ganar, por que es la cami más chluguay!
y que se fastidien los inglésparlantes :)

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

The details have destroyed my eyes....I mean, wow. The curves are 100% perfect. Amazing.

stunt double

wow... excellent type design!
perfectly done

mucha suerte!!!

Big Ed

That's really funny. It reminds me of working on Pagemaker in college.

Remex

its a fragment of a sentence but it reads something about "pain loving pain itself." and as someone who knows latin i find it insulting that you would use it without knowing what it means.

PeesoBoots

Reading Is Fundamental :) And for this killer idea, this design is way too modern... you can run a thousand different old school ways with this... read on!

Loremipsum.net

Sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" from the 1914 translation by H. Rackham.

What is 'lorem ipsum'?
'Lorem ipsum' is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. It has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s. It has been popularised 'recently' with desktop publishing software and in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing 'lorem ipsum' passages.

Roots of 'lorem ipsum' ?
'Lorem ipsum' is not simply random text. It is actually over 2000 years old and it has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC. 'Lorem ipsum' comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of " de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) written in 45 BC by Marcus Tullius Cicero. The first line of 'lorem ipsum', "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...", can be read out of a line from section 1.10.32. This book was very popular during the Renaissance and it is a treatise on the theory of ethics.

alex trochut

Thanks for the comments once again. Helvetica is great, but sometimes you just feel like expressing a bit more yourself... This was a way to have fun (Its t-shirt, don't forget that), and make a type-experiment, it's nothing else than that, something to watch more than to read... And as I said, Lorem Ipsum..., its a just the excuse to play around with a modular lettering. If I wanted to make it simple a would post a type-tee sentence.

Annie the Pug

OMG Remex, don't be such a prig! How can you be insulted that this phrase was used? That's rediculous.

Anyway, nice design alex trochut, it looks awesome!

jmscanlon

Big Ed -- SUCH a reminder of old-timey PageMaker! I was trying to remember where I had seen it first...

What's going on with the straws on the back panel? Not sure I need the back panel, as the front kicks it out so nicely...

I'm sure almost no one will actually be able to read it, but that's a) kind of the point of lorem-ipsum, and b) all the more fun.

bettina

I want this, too cool.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us