Close
One second...

man/machine to be

• by Oystein
  • posted Jul 25, 2006
  • 35 Comments

This design is inspired by leonardo da vinci drawing \\"views of a fetus in the womb\\" just a little more \\"robotic\\". The letters and numbers are binary code (0 and 1) and nucleotides, DNA code, (ACGT) mixed together. The idea is a possible future when the lines between man and machine i blurred...

the robotfetus is handdrawn and scanned.

http://milan.milanovic.org/math/english/drawings/pages/Fetus.html

Watch this
HK MAC

cool~~~$5

ToonKing

That's supercool. The green glow might be a little hard to pull off in the screen print, but the design wouldn't be the same without it.

ommen

I like the concept, but I think folks would identify it easier if you used a more common posture of a fetus in the womb than DiVinci's, since most folks would see the idea more immediately if you used the more typical side profile.

Torn Jeans

i think one of the best for this theme...so many ppl using USB as entry...!

mahalov
mahalov profile pic Alumni

its kind of creepy wondering how da vinci drew the fetus so accurately. i heard he had friends who worked at a morgue and they would let him come study bodies

great concept annnd execution. $5

AsStarsGoOut

it's a bit high up. . .if it was smaller andmore on the tummy it'd be better.

kayne

The baby is great, love how you have graded shading too.

I am not a fan of the green text, I think it could have worked as well / better without it. We all saw a lot of that text when Matrix came out and I feel like it's kinda been done.

Just a suggestion though, great work.

evilstan

I agree with AsStarsGoOut - more tummy-positioned.
As much as I love the phosphor-green letters, any chance of glow-in-the-dark?

(Now I wish I could take back my $5s from some other NextFest

Thalia Em

Really love the concept & execution! Really well done - I'd totally buy that and wear it (like the nerdgirl that I am) all the time. $5!

superdelux

the green makes it too much matrix style,
maybe other color?

Oystein

thanks for comments so far!! :)
about the color of the binary/dna: I experimented with yellow, light blue, red(same as on the robotfetus). i think it look better this way, but i cant be to hard to change the color if people dont like it?
the placement and size can be discussed,
the binary stays, the motive looks too plain without it, i think.

hamadryad

This kind of creeps me out. Good job.

Lotusbird

you're so cool.. like your t..you've got a topgrade from moi-5!
soooo, will I get one of the t's when you win??? gimmegimmegimme.. hehe..
Cya around dude..
Tine

edubijes

i love your illustration but it pains me that this is te last thing i would wear. im confused about how to score you.

JerryHatTrick

i guess the egg shape of the binary/dna is kind of symbolic, but it would look better printed if it was more spread out.

surreal_blue

I like the idea a lot, but it doesn't look robotic enough. Really looks medevil with all the rivets every where...

DrSaladBowl

Very Matrix-y, maybe the binary could be in white rather than green to make it less so?

Still, it looks killer, 5!

swizman88

looks great on black

katolm

I love that the "umbilical cord" stands out in red...brilliantly done! 5$

morning entry

this is great. id love to see more intelligent designs like this one $5

svitjod

i love it!

pixel_dust

I love it, although I am not a fan of the green text.

piratemermaid

love the idea! however, im not sure if everyone would catch on to the nucleotides mixed with the binary code, unless you studied genomics. however, i think most science students would like that. hehe. i know i do! 5$ for sure. kudos!

onecruelkitty

Thats awesome. deff looks best on black. $5

No account?
Join Us