Stat City

• by manlooon
  • posted May 08, 2006
  • 79 Comments

really cool, i like this a lot. excellent detail, especially with the planes and legend. i'd like to see this in some other colors.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
juliagoolia

This is great! I'm a sucker for the math submissions, but you really took this one far. I LOVE it!

teametc
teametc profile pic Alumni

WOW i love both color options, this is GREAT! id buy this in a second in either night or day form.

nostromo47

Night version is incredible!! I'll buy it!!

aviatrix

i love the night time one... it really emphasizes the whole city idea. great concept!

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

Definitely the night verson. I <3 clever math shirts.

beeeek

Both are excellent. Print them without delay.

lambie83

You are so very smart.

rudra

i actually like this (night version is way better)

i have a nit-picky technical issue -
the pop./cars bother me - if it's density on the city grid, then you should have a set of people and cars lined up with each division of the city grid - right now it gives the impression everyone is mashed into a thin area next to the runways, some divisions should have fractions of people and cars, and you should probably indicate them to an order of 10^3 or 10^4

the pie charts would have to be moved - they aren't fully fleshed out, and seem somewhat unecessary anyway

anne_archist

The night one is amazing. I would definitely buy this.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

goddamn manloon, I've had one in the works similar to this for months now :(:(
Looks fucking sweet nonetheless. 5

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

that is cool, very nice work, love the details

on denim

raubt

The darker version is amazing. I'd buy this in a second.

Frigorifik

i'm definitly a fan of this one, one of the best thing i saw on threadless with the pantone that's allready printed!

Oh dear

the nuts. £5

indicavia

Wow, that's amazing! You've managed to fit in almost every possible way of showing statistics, and make it into a city, that's just incredible!
The best thing would be to have light sensors on the shirt detecting when it's night/day and then changing the shirt to fit to the time of day! :) But I guess that's still some years into the future..

dreamolousJ

Love it. What can I say. Almost everybody took the words off my mouth. Excelente job! I wish I would've thought of that.

tearbear

I like the night time one the best :)

siezexthisday

i love the night one. this design is so cool its like crazy

brentalones

I like the dark grey, looks cool with orange.

wormocious

love it, especially at night. Well done.

Andy_Mason
Andy_Mason profile pic Alumni

night versioon would be a 85% probability of an instant purchase and current studies show i would probably wear this 30% of the time everytime... print with no delay

kittie

Great, print them both, day and night!!!

RawFish

Love both designs but prefer the night verison. $5!

snafoolery

Nightscape, please. $5

uberllama

Night for me too. $4.

dojo_chemeleon

looks inspired by the video to "remind me" by Royksopp.

not too bad, could've been a little more adventurous though i think.

SpiffSupreme

Just adding to the "I like the night one better" initiative.

justnoah

can i have the night one too please??? $$$5555555!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

or the day one, both v cool

jonny wins

Both day and night are excellent. Would definitely buy. You deserve some sort of high five sir (or madam).

ranal

when you and your subs fall from heaven manloon?

aka- ILOVEIT

Electrospecter

Amazing. I think it would be awesome to have both the night and day shirts as a set. :) And I had an idea, maybe you could make the pie charts into those silo things you see near factories and such.

Blexxemen

print worthy definitely a buy $5

ptabor

.....yeah, I'd wear it. oh wait, I'm a nerd...........5

sleepysalmon

night time is the right time! $5

glassrain

I love the night time one! I would buy it.

mmarmer

my friend the political science and statistics professor must own this!

xilia

I'm agreeing with the night and day as a set. Do any threadless shirts have print on the back? (I'm a little new here, obviously.) It would be pretty awesome to have the day on the front and the night on the back. As per, well, practically everyone's response, the night is the people's choice....but it hits best after you've already seen the daytime version.

Very freaking amazing. I'd buy (but with my luck, it'll be sold out before I can).

Oxford XVII

I'd buy either version. Top notch :)

allyourbase

yeah yeah, I like the light one because the red is a key effect, reminds me of Radiohead, and I heart Radiohead.

tjdrake719

the night one is AMAZING...5 and buy

teechers_pet

HAWT GRAPHING ACTION!!!!!!!!!

kebapi

Beautifully designed!
I like the daytime design only a tiny bit more than the nighttime one.

Huzzah!

leemo.fo

looks totaly amazing! - specialy in the light grey $5

rowbottom

this is the greatest tshirt of all time, compared with all the other tshits on this site this is tshigreat, put that on a tshirt then. truly truly wonderful and the artist has one hell of an ass...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us