Close
One second...

Moon Landing, Schmoon Landing

This is a first submission. Think you'll like it.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
groundcontrol

My grandfather worked on the Apollo program and I take great offense to this. ZERO!

swl

brilliant! print it! 5$!

horsemelt

Oh man! Groundhog really took offense to this! He sure told you! I give it a 5 for that! And for a first submission...FANFUCKINGTASTIC! Keep it coming!

kirksheltonart

oh hell yea! my dad totally believes we didnt go to the moon. i would buy him one in every color.

andyg

AMAZING! PRINT PRINT PRINT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$5

Conspiracy

Thanks andyg! You're a genius! Your crocs rock!

etherbrian

My favorite conspiracy theory. Print it!

jpiatt

I MUST HAVE THIS!! MUST!! This is hilarious.
Plus, groundcontrol already was offended by this cause his grandpa "worked on the Apollo program". I'm sure he told you some good stories, but.....I'm sure he was just a grip, or a camera man.

This concept is so simple but brilliant. I think this is the best sub I've seen in weeks.

_kapow

blandford

where are all the "hey- all you did was trace a photo!" comments?

potatopotato

Hey, all you did was trace a photo!
I don't really care about that though.

Regardless, the subject matter deserves a 0 from my point of view.

Robsoul

groundcontrol, at 10:16am on Apr 27, 2006
My grandfather worked on the Apollo program and I take great offense to this. ZERO!

^^^ hahahaha

Robsoul

That made my day so you get... erm, a 4

Conspiracy

Thanks Robsoul! Memories, Sweet Memories is amazing!

soylamorsa

Haha, I did a research paper on the conspiracy theories about the moon landing one year...it was really interesting. 5

strungout1614

good idea. but i don't really like the stamp. i dunno. but yeah, the moon landing WAS fake, thanks for trying to get the word out

rudra

" blandford, at 2:58pm on Apr 27, 2006
where are all the "hey- all you did was trace a photo!" comments? "

^I agree.

Except for the "traced" part. This isn't traced. This was taken from the web, and turned into a black and white image. (The half-tones weren't even removed, so it can't be printed. Read the rules - no photos.)

Yeah, guess what, I can do that too!
Does it make it art? NO.
Does it make it yours? NO.
Does slapping a red "Fake" stamp across it make it your art? NO.
Is this even an original idea? NO.
Is there a RedBull ad making fun of this very same conspiracy theory on TV right now, using original artwork? YES.

Here's the link to the original photo:

http://www.aerospacenews.com/space_pictures/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=4

STOLEN IMAGES ALWAYS GET A ZERO.

I wish I could give negative points. Really, I do.

PeopleLikeUs

Yes but it's called Moon Landing, Schmoon landing, that's just too funny to say to get a 0

horsemelt

You know what gets a zero? Dudes who are mad because they didn't get their hands on this design first. You fools CRACK me up! Hey rudra, thanks for the opinion. We can all sleep easier tonight knowing you don't think this is art.

rudra

^ Well I guess I can sleep better knowing that your attempts to "squash bullshit from pseudo-intellectual, hipster designers" has garnered an astounding average of 1.29.

deseptic

HA YES FINALLY A WORTHY T SHIRT

S

pinkeyecandyapple

usually i would agree with rundra's comments, but hey, this actually sticks it to the man, so even though it probably wont get printed for copyright reasons (although the image has be altered, probably not enough)...

and just so we're all clear about the issue, in some cases putting a red box saying fake over an image DOES make it art. THIS IS one of those cases. good work, good luck.

Ste7en

This "design" makes me wish I landed on the moon then my visor broke and I imploded, and my body was lost to the vacuum of space.

kaloyster

rudra you're just jealous :)

this is grade-A material coz the moonlanding is nothing but a big horseshit!

Conspiracy

That was a pretty good first day... All I have to say is that design is a very zen thing. Either you feel it or you don't....

Thank you to those who have a sense of humor!

UnclePhil

I've never posted a comment before. I guess i never really cared that much.

But this shirt is awesome.

Another good shirt might be a photo (copyrighted) of rudra with a big red stamp that says 'lame'.

can't wait till they print this one,
UP

Conspiracy

Thanks Uncle Phil. Your art work is awesome!

timrb

Maybe some see the absurdity of moon-landing conspiracy theories, but so many people actually believe in them that it's kind of serious, and the whether the wearer of the shirt is advocating them is unclear. So even if I didn't believe in conspiracy theories and thought the shirt was funny, I would never risk wearing it for fear that people would think that I believed them.

For those that do genuinely believe that the moon landing was fake: you make me sick.

timrb

Okay, maybe that last line wasn't the most mature way to articulate my thoughts. I am tempted to vent about this issue, but this forum is clearly not the place. So I'll just leave it at that.

andyg

Anyone getting offended by this design is a total DOUCHEBAG! Let's face it, this is a hilarious concept and well executed design... and we're all a little jealous for not coming up with the idea ourselves. This shirt will printed. $5

white-rhino

oh yeah. now thts what im talking about!

mezo

You can't see it right now, but I am mooning you.

lincoln3

It's perfectly fine to use a NASA image, since artefacts generated by the US Government are generally without copyright.

Rebel_llama13

BLoody AWESOME!! PRINT! $$$$$$5555555

Big Ed

I wish I cared as much as you people do. Alas, I remain apathetic.

Kelseyg

Eh. Don't see how this deserves a two thousand dollar prize.

lovelover

nice idea! but i dont like the astronaut picture very much.

aconspiracy

that shirt is so great

starr226

you know...my first submission was an "the moon landing never happened" submission...weird.

starr226

except, i didn't just livetrace an image and place text over it...

horsemelt

starr226, so you just didn't do it right the first time. It's ok buddy. If you need some healing comfort or something, I got a Kelly Clarkson cd I can burn for you.

lauraxlaurent

props. if a shirt can make so much to do like this... props to you. personally, its ridiculous, which in my mind = hilarious = brilliant. however, if an image is copyrighted... hmm well.... dont use it. but really - this is funny. id buy it.

efedawger

who gives a shit if it really did happen or didnt? does that take away from that fact that the shirt is funny as hell? no

lubbockpozer

ohhhhh the drama! i love it... so yea the artist certainly intended this to be a joke. I think its fuckin funny but i wouldnt wear it because people maythink im fuckin serious.

anyway good job for a first sub.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?