Close
One second...

Musical Chairs

• by rholliday
  • posted Apr 19, 2006
  • 24 Comments

It's a neat idea, but it doesn't imemdiately say "musical chairs" to me. It looks more like the musicians just haven't sat down to play yet.

Watch this
leilathebrave

i agree that it's not immediately obvious, but i kind of like the subtlety. it's a great idea. my only concern is that the back of the first chair and the bottom of the guitar aren't differentiated enough -- they create almost a line. if the guitar stuck out a bit more, it could give that part of the design more depth. 4

SugarNSpikes

I agree. I like the idea, but In my opinion to have it scream "musical chairs" you should have an instrument lacking a chair. Maybe a stand up bass chilling with no chair. Zing! That would be good.

design_love

neatly executed - and original idea

after reading the other comments i thought you could adapted the idea.
have the chairs actually playing the game - stacked up chairs with one on its own - which would obviously be the loser

kirksheltonart

it reminds me of when i was too broke to afford a drum throne. I had to use an old chair.

$4 because its got drums

phones

this isn't an original idea. In fact i'm sure i've seen this before. Oh wait, i have you've re-subbed this. Why?

pinkmonkeys21

or maybe you could add little musical notes to indicate that the instruments are being played? ...just an idea

velvet37

i just thought that the musicians left.
cute idea, poor execution.

akutaro

i really like this, but that guitar would slide right off of that chair sitting like that.

Big Ed

rholliday said:
"It looks more like the musicians just haven't sat down to play yet."

That's exactly what I thought.

Kimatay

musical chairs or empty musicians' chairs either way....i like it...5

.onion
.onion profile pic Alumni

cute, but there's something awkward about the keyboard and its chair... it's kind of blank.

lucyfarfort

Nice idea and funny but don't know if i would wear

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

you got an ok score last time...2.39, but you didn't change a thing and resubmitted it....why?
It's going to do worse this time because of people like me who give resubmissions a zero.

First time he submitted it is here:
http://www.threadless.com/submission/54815/Musical_Chairs
(You figure out what's changed. I sure as hell couldn't)

honeybeararmy

hahaha! cute! i wouldn't buy it, but very cute.

bonnie_luvs_shirts

But where are the band members!?! Out being misunderstood!?!

edible

the joke doesnt work so i wouldnt bother trying to make it obvious. it's just a nice design, nothing special. i'd definately wear it, wouldnt buy it though.

¡ Squirrel Lover !

should probably say musical chairs on it....cause if i wore that to school a bajillion people would ask what is it and i would get sick of saying musical chairs so much.
good job though

LeftoverSherbert

i love the concept. give the chairs fun arms and hands and i think it'd scream "musical chairs" a bit clearer.

elphabasoup

quite interesting. I agree with the hilarity of the stand up bass... w00t SugarNSpikes.

preshead

...and this one time, in band camp...

No account?
Join Us