Close
One second...

What to do with Comic Sans?

Designed after noticing that the evil Comic Sans has been infecting Thredless.com

Support this T-Shirt and show the public just what to do with Comic Sans!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
poofie

oh no!

jett

i'd rather send it to the depths of hell, but barring that feature, i suppose the recycle bin will do...

megruth

this is funny....as a submissions.....but not really a buy

jpiatt

Recycle Bin?.....
you know what? If you're using a PC, Comic Sans should be the least of your problems.

Ellsswhere

jpiatt, at 12:14pm on Apr 20, 2006
Recycle Bin?.....
you know what? If you're using a PC, Comic Sans should be the least of your problems.

well look at that jpiatt... yet again another useless comment... hahaha
kids these days.

For my comment... i would say if your going to dog on a font because it is overused by many unaware of the beauty that is typography maybe it would be smart to use some pretty awesome type skills to show what type has to offer... this just seems like an overly geeky tech shirt at the moment

_kapow

i agree with ellsswhere, it does seems overly geeky. i like the idea, but i wouldnt wear it.

cardcastleruins

I'm not gunna wear this one but comic sans does suck. That and chiller. Actually chiller is worse. Type is kick ass but not comic sans. Funny.

Lt Major Burns

"let's jump on the typography geek bandwagon"

if 'A sk M e Abo u t Kern in g" doesn't get printed, then this doesn't deserve to be actually in the running.

at least that one was original. the comic sans hatred is very last year anyway.

jellorocks

i think i'd be great if you actually used the text Comic Sans on this tee.
then i would have laughed.

RSaffold

I HATE COMIC SANS! I need this in my life.

coxiesara

I love comic sans.

Sapphi

rofl.
i hate comic sans to death.
$5

zimfreak

amen.

andyeyecandy

i like the shirt, but you totally spelled threAdless.com wrong. next time, use your url bar to do spell check.

silverkey

You get a 5 for making me laugh. :)

Generic Man

Haha, soooooo so good!
I really need one of these NOW, this has gotta be printed!
I'll give it a 5!

inksplat

Thats awesome - 5 from me.

Now you should do one of you: The Comic Sans Sherrif.

sandan

I actually know someone who uses this font in email.

MissedDeparture

Good idea (not that it hasn't been done before). Not so good execution. Trying a little too hard to look techie. 2 for the idea.

Ava Adore

of course this wont get printed

.onion

funny.
the exclamation point sucks.

timrb

inside joke. No printy.

taintedluvv

At the risk of sounding like a dumb ass, I don't get it. I know that comic sans is a font, but so what if its overused? I guess I just worry about the trivial stuff like paying bills, going to work, etc.

plastikaa

make comic sand into a character and then put him into the recycle bin.

daniellam

cardcastleruins, at 2:02pm on Apr 20, 2006

I'm not gunna wear this one but comic sans does suck. That and chiller. Actually chiller is worse. Type is kick ass but not comic sans. Funny.

haha.

+ i agree with plastikaa. if you do it reallly well it could be rad.
4 cos i smileeed =]

plastic ghosts

I absolutely detest the font Comic Sans.
I almost killed myself in Middle school when the year book was filled with it.

holy0ne

superb 5$

deuil

funny, but i don't know if i care enough about fonts to actually wear this.

bk1

I'm really sick of designer specific t-shirts. Who the hell wants to wear a shirt that's is funny (which this one isn't) to designers alone? You're designing shirts for regular people. Try to remember that. This one gets a big fat 0.

deadspeaker

Cute idea, pity about the execution.

steve_swartz

seems like you just deleted comic sans on your machine, took a screen shot, and then pasted it on the shirt. you might have at least figured out how to get that picture onto the shirt in a resolution higher than the screen, eh?

HALcorp

kinda lame but better than a lot of the crap on this site... bk1 "You're designing shirts for regular people. Try to remember that. " - whatever, yeah lets change our designs to suit the masses there nothing artists like doing more than conforming to what regular people want... and steve swartz - obviously you've never seen a send to recycle bin pop up cause this aint one - note no blue bar, and im sure its meant to be pixellated...

bk1

HALcorp, you are misunderstanding me. i didn't necessarily mean regular people or 'the masses' as much as non-designers. This joke (if you could call it that) is only applicable to designers. This may be ok to make a tshirt like this if you were going to a graphic artists convention, otherwise it (and the tshirts like it) are a stupid waste of time. I'm so tired of designer-centric shirts, and the people who defend them (HAL)

jiggersaurus

Fantastic, I need this for my work!

CuteLittleFaery

It would be rather funny if Threadless switched the entire site over to Comic Sans just to spite the font-hating bandwagoners.

Big Ed

^ ^ LOL, that would be the shiz-nit.

taffy_davenport

ok, i LOVE the idea, but i would work on the design a bit. it's just off. but totally hilarious.

jar_bombadillo

hahaha i LOVE you. ahhh true story true story.

boxy_

only comment is it's a bit obvious-spelling-the-joke-out for designers, and if you're a designer and you didn't get it, im dumbfounded.. i'd prefer more subtlety

..while on the subject of font humor, for those who havn't heard it:

Four fonts walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey - get out! We don't want your type in here."

HALcorp

its cool, i see your point - and to be honest i dont realyl like the shirt, but i like to stir sometimes and point out sweeping general staements made by people... i was mainly responding to your point that you think we should be designing for regular people, and that you appear to think you know exactly what target audience every designer is aiming at... 'Who the hell wants to wear a shirt that's is funny (which this one isn't) to designers alone?' obviously a few people do...

nina_husaas

$5. awesome. Die comic sans, die!

R'son-W

Ellsswhere, at 1:19pm on Apr 20, 2006
jpiatt, at 12:14pm on Apr 20, 2006
Recycle Bin?.....

well look at that jpiatt... yet again another useless comment... hahaha
kids these days.

I love how jpiatt is 27, and Ellswhere is 21.
4 for the shirt.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?