giving back to the world

• by AlinaT
  • posted Apr 12, 2006
  • 41 Comments

i actually love this.

<3

Watch this
crushable

this is one of the better red cross submissions i've seen. kudos.

ToucanSam

Love it, but would prefer it on the shoulder.

helo

How in the world is the Red Cross
giving back ? They are an organization
through which our giving can help
others. They don't give back. They even
help in parts of the world too poor to
even give to the Red Cross.

The phrase, "Give back to the community"
seems like some catchphrase to make
someone feel obligated to give money,
time, &/or resources to the community
they're in. I prefer not seeing part of it
being used to describe the American
Red Cross.

RyanCox

The whole point of the red cross is to get people involved in helping others, and volunteering. When you volunteer or even donate money and help other people, you have done your part as a human being and given back. Cause if we as humans don't give back to the world it is only going to get worse.

epilepsy

my personal favorite of the subs for this contest so far

ceaston

Ryan Cox,

Shut up your poopy ideas stink!

RyanCox

real mature, poopy, what are we five year olds.

runswith_poptarts

ok, so i really like this idea and the design. id definitely buy one of these for a cause

Madlune

Hooray for giving blood! Hooray!

ArmyofJuan

I really enjoy this shirt. It's very simple and easy on the eyes and just good to look at.

4$

Dragon12

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! I Love it!!! I Want IT!!!!
But what does the 125 mean? It's probably really obvious but i dont know what it is.

RyanCox

the 125 is how many years the American Red Cross has been around. It is there 125 anniversary.

CoveredinPunksBlood

I'd kick a horse to death if it would guarantee that this shirt won. Well...ok probably not, but this is definitly a good submission.

zimfreak

one of the best i've seen for the red cross comp.
thanks for making a design worth wearing.
$5

alacyt

Nice design even though giving blood is an archaic, barbaric practice that will one day be looked back on as a travesty in the medical community.

silverkey

This is actually wearable! $5

megruth

i think it's a command to give back...your blood. i do it all the time! hooray for juice boxes and cookies $5

wiretop

this could win $5

inayellowsub

cool graphic
but, i dunno....i think i'd look better elsewhere than on a t shirt?
hmmmmmmm

inayellowsub

it's awesome, though... so 5$

luciasaurus

cute design.

oh, and "Nice design even though giving blood is an archaic, barbaric practice that will one day be looked back on as a travesty in the medical community."

...you must be joking.

Benstroup

This is the best I have seen so far! I'd love it on the sides of the sleeves, but I'd buy it this way anyway.

$5
Print!

labra

i really like it .it is awesome

bettybob

oh, and "Nice design even though giving blood is an archaic, barbaric practice that will one day be looked back on as a travesty in the medical community

how is is barbaric?

PorgyNBess

love it.

and unlike many of the white shirt designs submitted, i love this on white. :)

newjerzey71

very simple and conveys such a big idea

great $5

SFpirate

Meh, looks too much like a computer software manufacturing company's logo.

e_style

I like it.
very simple and to the point.

stolen_bliss

MODERNISM.

I LOVE IT.

(wait, I'd like it better wthout the 125.)

seraphim17

...and when you are in the hospital, dying, and you're losing blood rapidly, you'll be really glad that you don't believe partaking in "barbaric practices" so you'll die with what's left of your own blood. But at least your offspring won't have to admit you took part in that "travesty in the medical community."

This shirt is the best submission for the Red Cross I've seen. I'd definitely buy it, and it's actually one of the few shirts I really like in plain old white. Good job mate

le_sigh

This reminds me of those shirts they give out after you give blood. Except it's not lame, and I'd actually wear it!

qoop

helo, must we get SO TECHNICAL about everything here in Threadless? Does it matter all that much? Whatever happened to conceptual thinking?

Okay, if we must get super-technical... human beings are extremely social creatures which have very little chance of survival if we didn't help one other out in a functioning society. So it can be perceived that whenever you donate blood to the Red Cross so it can save other human beings in the world, the Red Cross (which consists of humans who are being supported by other humans) is indeed giving back to the world, i.e. human society as a whole.

Whew!

mmmmiki

I would like it better if it wasn't perfectly centered...Put it on the shoulder, maybe? GREAT design.

cocoabunny19

hrm, i love it! great job.

magmachan

I like this one better than most of the other Red Cross designs, although I agree, it would look better on the shoulder. However, even if it's for a good cause, I'm usually not one to wear t-shirts with... corny slogans on them? I'm not really sure how to word it...
$5

ijdj

I see this shirt just for a one day event. I like it but for other purposes.

Shx

well
the design is awesome
then i read a little comment argument tht was like watching coronation street (or sex and the city in america) and for tht its gettin a 5$...
not tht it wouldnt have done anyway
xx

No account?
Join Us