Close
One second...

Enjoy a Bluth Banana

• by mattylee
  • posted Mar 27, 2006
  • 24 Comments

A small tribute to a wonderful, yet very underappreciated, television show.

Watch this
Wilde Nut

this must be a Banana month
I like the guy but meh, all that bland reading

dangerouspenguin

I appreciate Arrested Development tremendously, but sadly would not wear this. I hate bananas.

smithil

I like the banana, and I <3 the segway

faaaaaace

lose the text...but then all you have is an image you don't have the rights to.

They Call Me Special K

yeah...they have shirts similar to this in the official store. you didnt make that banana on your own, its copyrighted work. one of my favorite shows, so id pay you 5 bucks to not print this.

Wesaynothin

Love the show, but the shirt is... weird?

simpatico

>>I appreciate Arrested Development tremendously, but sadly would not wear this.

Ditto. Such a clever show deserves a much more clever t-shirt. Plus, the design is meh -- what's interesting about a bunch of black text in a white box?

Tundraworthy Tunnels

fantastic show....but this is a fantastic copyright violation!

Dark Visions

it took me WAY too long to read through that...sorry, but I would never wear this.

Little Liana

love the show, but I wouldn't want to wear a recipe (13 lines of text?) on a shirt

mattylee

>>they have shirts similar to this in the official store

I was not aware of that. I'll have to check it out. Didnt expect this to get a very warm welcome (certainly dont expect it to win anything), but I felt the show deserved some props. As they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

mattylee

oh... and thanks to everyone who has shown support and/or constructive criticism. both are very welcome.

i knew from the beginning that it was a lot of text ( my original concept was to put a "grandmothery style" recipe card on a shirt)... when i saw a recipe for frozen bananas, the rest kind of fell into place. mr banana-grabber was (admittedly) screen captured and then vectored and i make no pretense of artistic talent for this particular shirt.

She Says So

whats an ice cream stick?

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

wait, you straight stole the character?

And you think that's OK?

atariman486

>> lose the text...but then all you have is an image you don't have the rights to.

Yes, I believe G.O.B. gave animation rights to Michael.

ddcrandall

Tee hee! He said banana grabber!!!

I hate it.

mattylee

>>Yes, I believe G.O.B. gave animation rights to Michael.

Ha haa! Good call. I'd hate to end up on Michael's bad side...

Seriously, gentlemen. This was intended as a joke and a tribute to a great show. Those who watch the show and have something of a sense of humor seem to get that. Others of you seem to have an ice cream stick in your bananas.

Different strokes I suppose. But if you're this uptight over a tee shirt that was never intended to be produced, then there may or may not be something wrong with you.

Good game everyone. I'm going to see if Threadless is willing to take this down. Some people don't seem to get the joke.

alisunrise

omg i want one this is the coolest thing ever

_tangy

OMG I JUST MADE BLUTH BANANAS SATURDAY NIGHT HAHAH

bluthfreak

go on the bluthes!!! damn sweet tee...

No account?
Join Us