Close
One second...

Heart of a Hybrid

This is what's at the heart of your hybrid car. A gas engine runs an electric generator (the orange thingy).

Watch this
Brett F.

so...what's the point??
why would i want a shirt that has the inside of a hybrid car??

Dali Lummox

It needs a flux capacitor

Big Ed

Cool drawing, looks like the stuff on the They Might Be Giants album art for Mink Car. But not on a shirt, too random.

shadowboy

L-Dopa: I really like this, but you will find that there are precious few regulars on this site that can accept a car as art. It speaks to me, but I think I am in a very small minority here. I give it a 5.

BlueDice

jesus built my hot rod

sketch3030

where is the a/c relay?

L-Dopa

Well, I thought it was topical. Lots of people are buying hybrid cars. And I just like the drawing.

There's also the idea that by having an engine on the shirt where the heart is, sort of symbolically makes the wearer a hybrid too--human body, engine heart. In that way you could see it as a subtle commentary on technology, that we're all practically half-hybrid in our tech-assisted world.

ejs2000

I think it's great both as a purely visual design and symbolically. A 5 for you.

I also think that very few t-shirt designs in existence pass the "what's the point" test or the "too random" test. I mean, what's the point of a t-shirt design in the first place?

peanuts

better for the environment and even better for a tshirt... High 5

Trucklette

I love it! Although I'm a Truck, I sure can appreciate a good car. And if the truth be told, it's the orange thingy that got me!

nacodbera

Err.. not very clever.. why not make a Delorean shirt and have a Nana peel next to it?

Or just a Delorean in general...? Wheeeee 1642 here I come!

timrb

I like your idea once you explain it, but the thing about tee-shirts is that they need to be quickly "gettable." I think few people could gather what you meant just by looking at your shirt, especially without the title. That being said, I think it still stands fairly well on its own as a design. 4.

V_is_for

not to nit-pick, but if it's a heart metaphor, why is it centered?

or would that put us in the realm of threadless is sick of hearts?

Claymore

sorry, but i'll take a v8 over this any day

lucyfarfort

Fantastic drawing butshould be bigger and maybe needs something else to bring it together, but i thiunk the arts great.

GuyNormanBee

"not to nit-pick, but if it's a heart metaphor, why is it centered?"

why do people think that your heart is in the side of the chest cavity like in cartoons? you've got one lung to the left, one lung to the right, and your hear, more or less, is right in the middle.

ilta

really cool idea -- but will non-hyrid car owners (or even hybrid car owners) know what this is? it just looks like an engine to the non-mechanics among us.

piratequeen

an educational shirt! points for idea, points for clean rendering.

townhouse

Cool rendering, but I dunno if I want it on a shirt. Also, although your heart should in theory be in the midlle, most people's aren't. Mine is way the hell to the left.

Loserly

Wonderful drawing. I think if you make it just a tad less technical and a bit more artsy, you could make it work.

Namshush

I must say, I LOVE what Dali Lummox said and I totally agree.
Cool design :)

retrocircles

nice design, but over my head.

NeoRedXIII

I'm cool with this. It doesn't look bad or anything. The first thing I did think of was, "Hey, this needs a flux capacitor." Heh. Keep up the work man.

skkybluejesse

I LIKE, BUT THE TAN IS BORING, WITH THE GREY. MAKE THE T-SHIRT A MAKE PUNCHY COLOR

ericbauer

Couldn't agree more with Shadowboy...
Just about no car folks here...

ItsKeiser

I enjoy it it-the design work is crisp and definitely stands out.
However,I kinda want to see more to it-maybe a floral/natural background aspect to add to the hybrid theme-otherwise,it seems undefined.
Enjoy it but add more.
$4

dreamolousJ

As an illutration you got a 5, but as a design for a shirt you got a 2... and that's being mercifull. You really gotta think this thru. Give words/meaning without having to write them or explain yourself.

No account?