Close
One second...

Narwhals Fight With Ivory

If you do or don't like it tell me why please! That way I can know what to do for future designs. Thanks!

Watch this
joshamman

the text is unnecessary. your squid also has 9 arms and they look odd. merged together or soemthing. also the quality of your line work is too rough (unless intentional and then not rough enough)

GuyNormanBee

yeah, like work could use an overhaul, but i actually like the text, reminds me of old nature documentary voiceover.

theRtist

i don't like how the eyes look.. and like ^ said the lines are lil rough, need more work on the pen tool to get that right... and the whole thing looks lil too plain

gorilla_with_an_axe

I like the text, too. I think the lines might look better if they were just a little thicker. I really like the color combination.

Joan Burroughs

Should squidy's tentacles be longer?

myhearts_desire

I like the text, but starting the sentence off with "indeed," seems wrong.

winged269

I think the text--particularly the "indeed"--is brilliant, as it seems to come from a page in an ancient children's book. As my fascination with Narwhals can be traced to such a book, I would buy this shirt instantaneously.

herekittykitty

Leave the "Indeed", it makes the whole thing worthwhile. And I'd use less puke-looking colours, no offense...

simulacrum

is the narwhal supposed to want to rape the squid? cuz thats what it looks like sort of

piratequeen

ivory sword indeed you naughty boy.

quite excellent choice of typeface, some kinda nineteenth century italic, very moby dick. the colors strike me as a little odd, maybe that's just me, why coral and pale turquoise? why different intensities of color? if the squid were a little paler it would balance the narwhal a little better, which matches well with the white lettering. overall the whole design is pleasingly balanced, which is a difficult thing with the text working diagonally one way and the illo working the other.

petecarrol

There is no intentional (or even subliminal) rape reference that i am aware of in this piece. Thanks for all your comments. I agree with the possibility of a more pale squid - i tried it in the preliminary drafts. Something i may adjust if chosen.

TheNoodlez

i dont really like the way the eyes look either

lenalu

Indeed this is a brilliant shirt!!! It seems to depict the anticipation of an epic battle, to begin shortly thereafter. Thank you, petecarrol, for your artistic genius! Side note: Octopi have 8 tentacles, however squids can have many. The illustration is correct.

Egirl3538

Ah!! Narwhals are my favorite animal! I like it... the eyes are a little off and the horn should be more to the left of the mouth to be realistic but i guess it doesnt matter b/c this is more cartoony. I am working on two narwhal themed designs to submit lol. I would buy it. Crap I hope narwhals don't become the new unicorn-type craze.

orange_peel

Dude yes i would buy the shit out of this 5$

paean

this is the best shirt ive ever seen! its so amazing petecarrol! you are so clever..
.... i think we should go out sometime...

notts

this shirt just makes me laugh with joy.

love it
5$

Fredo17

Amazing stuff! I think I'll get one.

cocoon_of_monarchy

does this have some sort of sexual connotation?

Hary

narwhals are too cliche. my first design was a narwhal coming out of a pokeball

LichksnessMonster

I want this now! please let it be printed, and keep the text! I like the eyes too, especially the squid's. they remind me of the drawings from Yellow Submarine.
In short: MAKE THIS SHIRT.

blueconstance

i like the documentary idea. good shirt.
i'd buy it

tmccoooooool

leave the text EXACTLY AS IT IS

dawojcie

I love the text but not the image. I mean, the image is good, but the way it is hitting the squid and the set up of the shirt need to be changed.

Mindflight

Love the text and the narwhal is adorable! However, the squid's tentacles are a little funky and I think it would be better if the squid was facing the narwhal. Still -- awesome awesome! I love it!

ptv

it's so badly drawn but i think that's what makes it great.

is a gunslinger

Lmao. I like how you did the closeups.

smallapple

ohh i want this!
indeed.

cornbreadturner

my only experience with narwhals is from "elf", so i dont really know how to judge him, but i agree with leaving the text as is and possibly adjusting the eyes and squid color and tentacles. hope you win; i'd love to get this shirt.

ShamblingCat

I would definitely put a comma after indeed.

chiibeth

Narwahals don't really have ivory but i like the idea.

BedlamBoy

I'd like it with out the text

Emmaline87

I like the text. I agree with the people who said that it reminds them of a nature documentary, or of a nineteenth century children's book.

petecarrol

Yeah - it's a quote from Verne's 20,000 leagues under the sea!!

lindsey_luzer

i know someone who would totally buy this, because the guy is obsessed with narwhales. $4

stewiehatesyou

Squid should have 10 tentacles, and two of them should be those funny attack tentacles, but that really isn't all that distracting to me. I like the design a lot, but the placement of the text looks a bit odd to me. Also, maybe more shirt color options would be nice, but that's just because I have too many navy blue shirts as it is.

Otherwise, it's a really funny design. 5

bun84067

Dude, that's messed up. It made me cry. Still, I'd buy it.

totorototoro

yes, i believe the two extra tentacles are used for mating and fighting... i think you should keep the squid the colour it is. it's more.. squid-like that way. but i don't like the blue shirt.

zuluyo

I like the text but I think the illustrations could use more work...

No account?
Join Us