One second...

the ear

• by nes-k
  • posted Feb 24, 2006
  • 38 Comments

One colour, ok for all the colors of tee

Watch this
SemantiTheft

The break it styles is just too great. And, if anything, they should be reversed.

cocoabunny19

I like the break in styles. The way he did Van Gogh is reminiscent of Gogh's own style in his self portrait, and Spock is pretty much awesome all the time. I wish there was more color in this though.

pepto dismal

ha ha ha. hilarious. $5.

scottytown

OMG! this is hilarious! Love it... And I think the jump in styles works perfectly. If you had to extend the van gogh style I would maybe only suggest it as a treatment for the thought bubble... I like that Spock is all posterized and minimal... makes the ear-envy (or hate or whatever ear-thing) greater.

Nephi

Concept is fantastic - really universal themes going on here. Execution's almost there. I'm a fan of the 1-color! $5

SemantiTheft

... what I was saying about the reversing of styles is this: if anything, I feel as if Van Gogh should look realistic, thinking of Spock in impressionistic glory, as opposed to a painting thinking of a real person. Does that make sense to anyone?

Tundraworthy Tunnels

SemantiTheft....I think I got ya....like Van Gogh wouldn't be painted in impressionism...he would think in impressionism.
I think you are onto something.

the whole premise is terribly delicious!

chbeeston

eh, you could lose the spock altogether. i'm not sure the connection is really all that relevant or "hilarious"... it's just there, and weird for weirdness's sake. which may of course be what you're going for. i'd buy it with just the van gogh... but then again i'm an art nerd. do what you will.

kineylikes

i ditto the above comment. no real connection, unless i'm missing something huge. but i'm pretty sure i'm not. van gogh. the ear. spock had big ears. ok. where's the humor?

i do like the rendering of van gogh, but it'd look nice in the louvre gift shop and notsomuch threadless.

Toxic-Lunch

Yes! I'm diggin' this.

Minsky

GENIUS!

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

If geniusness were measured in feces, this would be a pile of shit. 5$

julianrochat

excellent visu nesk, j'adore.

Fracture

nice concept

Kennedy Suicide

oh wow. at first i saw this, i turned away and clicked the back arrow. it made me take another glimpse and i caught the humor. love it!

$5!

lubbockpozer

ahh man this is great! Funny and simple... just how i like it- 5 $

razorfrog

this rocks.

grapefruitmonkey

i like the style, not the concept...sorry 3

4this

ha! 5

Miss Kreant

This is great. $5

scottytown

Mmmmmmm... I came back for more! Don't change a thing!
Switched mine from $5 to $ 5-and-buy

IheartFIEND2

i dont get it...at all....

EDDIE VALIANT

funny and simple. i like.

ruudlyinterrupted

funny. hehe you could do a coloured van gogh. my fave artist!

iggygirl5757

i love it. so buy it. so 5.

No account?
Join Us