Yarrrgyle

• by shoehorse
  • posted Feb 02, 2006
  • 35 Comments

A combination of pirates and argyle. What could be better?

Watch this
CheesecakeBree

I don't know, I think they're different enough. The pirate on this design was obviously inspired by the other... but it has so many little things different about it (eyes, ears, nose) that I don't feel like it was outright copied. The argyle part is completely original too and has nothing to do with that other design.

Anyway... I like it. Nice job. =)

cambert

"A combination of pirates and argyle. What could be better? "

An original idea, for one thing.

lankytom

The pirate image in both is taken from the Webdings font, specifically the character "#". So it's somewhat stolen on both counts; considering that the font is essentially sans royalty/freeware, I don't think that it's an issue.

All the same, pirates and pirate gags are a little overbearing around here as of late. Better luck next time.

groundcontrol

Maybe, but it's not like Threadless has printed anything with pirates on it (like they should!). I like this, I'd buy it. $5

Pukagurl

I like it next time do an original pirate.

eatmoreart

Haha, bravo for idea, not so much for the Webdings rip. 4.

_Jen

i swear ive seen a pirates and argyle shirt very close to this, with something along the lines of him syaing "yarrgyle", but i just can't for the life of me find it. and plus to groundcontrol, fyi, they did print a pirate shirt, "Ask Me How I Became A Pirate"

kjaydeck3

Aw, change your pirate, cause I really want this shirt!

Geoff G

I like the color of the argyle pattern.

Wesaynothin

Yay! I really like this on brown. $5

noHundred

dont be a howard stern, that isnt a stolen design, its fun

myviolentego

i dunno why, but i like it.
maybe because of colours contrast

deerhead.

haha, yargyle. nicee. ;)

five. nice drawing, funny and simple. <3

Heffer

There's no way you should be rewarded for ripping an idea.

Jerk.

DSReskin

Great title.

Ghc

What kind of a name is shoehorse?
Also, some of these people are angry at you.
Also, the shirt is okay.

reflauta

pirates+argyle = <3s x 10000

idefyu

yet another dingbat, can't be that hard to illustrate a pirate from ones own creative mind

killerxpanda

I don't ever remember seeing this is a dingbat? The one on the shirt that person linked to is clearly the one from the dingbats, I have it in my profile. This place is soo god damn picky sometimes haha

JustJeff

love the speech bubble, would prefer a less visually-abstracted pirate. 3 as is

PuterBoy

5 from me becuase of the pirate.

Cerebratious

Yarrgyle... haha... no matter how much that pirate looks like the other one, id still buy this shirt. $5

geishaberry

You could've drawn your own pirate, not used one from a stock font.

sensibleusername

ummmm, LOVE THE IDEA but apparently that's a straight up stolen pirate dude.. so.. umm.. draw it yourself please so that I can love it properly and hopefully buy it someday.

xPigeonx

5$ definitely

PuterBoy

5 from me becuase of the pirate.

No account?
Join Us