Close
One second...

Yarrrgyle

• by shoehorse
  • posted Feb 02, 2006
  • 35 Comments

A combination of pirates and argyle. What could be better?

Watch this
CheesecakeBree

I don't know, I think they're different enough. The pirate on this design was obviously inspired by the other... but it has so many little things different about it (eyes, ears, nose) that I don't feel like it was outright copied. The argyle part is completely original too and has nothing to do with that other design.

Anyway... I like it. Nice job. =)

cambert

"A combination of pirates and argyle. What could be better? "

An original idea, for one thing.

lankytom

The pirate image in both is taken from the Webdings font, specifically the character "#". So it's somewhat stolen on both counts; considering that the font is essentially sans royalty/freeware, I don't think that it's an issue.

All the same, pirates and pirate gags are a little overbearing around here as of late. Better luck next time.

groundcontrol

Maybe, but it's not like Threadless has printed anything with pirates on it (like they should!). I like this, I'd buy it. $5

Pukagurl

I like it next time do an original pirate.

eatmoreart

Haha, bravo for idea, not so much for the Webdings rip. 4.

_Jen

i swear ive seen a pirates and argyle shirt very close to this, with something along the lines of him syaing "yarrgyle", but i just can't for the life of me find it. and plus to groundcontrol, fyi, they did print a pirate shirt, "Ask Me How I Became A Pirate"

kjaydeck3

Aw, change your pirate, cause I really want this shirt!

Geoff G

I like the color of the argyle pattern.

Wesaynothin

Yay! I really like this on brown. $5

noHundred

dont be a howard stern, that isnt a stolen design, its fun

myviolentego

i dunno why, but i like it.
maybe because of colours contrast

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

two good ideas thrown together without much to them... why do people like this, explain?

deerhead.

haha, yargyle. nicee. ;)

five. nice drawing, funny and simple. <3

Heffer

There's no way you should be rewarded for ripping an idea.

Jerk.

DSReskin

Great title.

Ghc

What kind of a name is shoehorse?
Also, some of these people are angry at you.
Also, the shirt is okay.

reflauta

pirates+argyle = <3s x 10000

idefyu

yet another dingbat, can't be that hard to illustrate a pirate from ones own creative mind

killerxpanda

I don't ever remember seeing this is a dingbat? The one on the shirt that person linked to is clearly the one from the dingbats, I have it in my profile. This place is soo god damn picky sometimes haha

JustJeff

love the speech bubble, would prefer a less visually-abstracted pirate. 3 as is

PuterBoy

5 from me becuase of the pirate.

Cerebratious

Yarrgyle... haha... no matter how much that pirate looks like the other one, id still buy this shirt. $5

geishaberry

You could've drawn your own pirate, not used one from a stock font.

sensibleusername

ummmm, LOVE THE IDEA but apparently that's a straight up stolen pirate dude.. so.. umm.. draw it yourself please so that I can love it properly and hopefully buy it someday.

xPigeonx

5$ definitely

PuterBoy

5 from me becuase of the pirate.

No account?
Join Us