Bug Spray

Awesome!

Watch this
sketch3030

your buggin' me.

hahahaaa pretty cool.
reminds of that episode on the shield.

plans

looks live traced to me. i think it's a good idea but could have been much better executed.

thegreatcanada

Thats not cool... poor asian guy

travelle

The real picture youused for your design makes me sad.

Scaper-X

Can't say the design makes sense. Are we making a parallel between the Viet Cong and pests? Could be executed a lot better.

KilgoreTrout

That Viet Cong picture should not be made light of...

qwertyq360

WHat were you thinking?

DEXXON

Yeah, Gawd I dunno what I was thinking... Threadless please remove this submission. nobody take any notice of this one... don't even score it... cheers

Solmu

Hmm. Ballsy. Not sure if I like it or not.

Solmu

Dexxon: if you're going to make a piece of art, then follow it through. Don't get all gutless after the fact and try and whitewash it. You made the piece - at least have the conviction to stand behind it.

Yes it's controversial - a lot of artistic statements are. Why buckle to a few crits?

todoxfancy

it reminds me of the Locust

great coloring

robot need lady

yeah, i agree Solmu. whether it's even 'contreversial' or not, it's still a GREAT concept. i love it a lot, especially the colors.

and i don't think making light of a viet cong execution is a valid reason to hate it, it's only light if that's how you choose to take it. andy warhol made lots of famous people and events seem relatively insignificant all the time.

at any rate, this was a nicely executed original design. congrats.

ohsoretro

I really liked this at first, I didn't realize it was the viet cong execution photo. I don't know if there is any way to do this without appearing to mock the event but if you were able to redo the concept with something lighter it could work.

is a gunslinger

Use something other than the vietcong picture. Then it would be really cool.

moongirl

great art and design makes us think and rethink. is it supposed to be funny, political, dramatic, sad...i don't know but i've been thinking about it alot.

thank you.

dannykauf

i remember the shock i felt when i first saw the footage of that execution. it was pretty horrific. you see the guy get shot and crumple to the ground as a little geyser of blood bubbles up from his head. (you can see it in the movie "hearts and minds" which i recommend.)

anyway so yeah, even though it is a clever idea, it's hard to find it amusing or think about wearing it.

i applaud DEX for being able to say he made a mistake. i don't call that "gutless" - quite the contrary. it's a mark of character to be able to do that. i don't think he was making a "statement"; i think he was making a joke that he realized didn't work.

i'm a comic and a first amendment absolutist. i like (and make) a lot of jokes that are considered offensive or politically incorrect by some, but i couldn't laugh at this one and saying so is not censorship and DEX changing his mind is not caving in.

i can tell from this and your other submissions DEX, you're clearly talented. kudos for having character on top of it.

p.s. is harvest getting made?

eskimokiss

Solmu I think DEXXON was being sarcastic.
I think it's great. Another great design from dex.
I like the new style you're toying with (this one and the goat design).
Keep up the good work

Adenydda

I don't normally tell people that I'm giving them a zero, because my reasons are far more complex than I could easily explain. However, in this case, I'll tell you: the picture which you have altered is one that should never be used flippantly. It is an image that is horrific and disturbing; it should never be used to garner laughs. To do so is to cheapen it and the life/lives that was/were lost. Not funny, not cool. Zero.

rush68

yeah...... so i'd probably have people trying to attack me for wearing this, and i want it to be printed why?

musicianamedave

It's a good concept, but that video depresses the hell outta me.

I'm giving you a 4 for having massive balls...or if you're a girl, then having big ole' ovaries.

Solmu

eskimokiss: "Solmu I think DEXXON was being sarcastic."

You may well be right - if so, I apologise. I've certainly seen people make similar statements here without any irony though.

As for the shirt... there have been a lot of comments about it being funny/not funny. Personally I don't view it as making a joke. That is clearly one interpretation, but I think there's many more interesting interpretations (I see it as being about post-modernity, post-Warhol, contemporary society, the amorality and immorality of advertising, cultural appropriation, etc.)

bananaphone

I don't find this offensive, I just find it incredibly lame. If you are going to go there - go there properly.

smelly poo

its all gooooood

No account?