Close
One second...

DEER GIRL

• by jayvp77
  • posted Nov 06, 2005
  • 18 Comments

This is the first submission from RUBY CLOTHING COMPANY. Check us out at rubyclothing.com after Sunday Nov. 13th.

Watch this
ccmtcdnt

CREEPY DEAR GIRL REMINDS ME OF THE DEER BOY FROM FALL OUT BOY.

killerkitty

Very nice design! And I´m looking forward to see more of your stuff in the web…

SemantiTheft

Don't like the blobs at all. Other than that, nice.

cuppaChar

whats the obsession with sticking antlers on random things??

morsmordre

Why are there so many deer people shirts?

JuliusB

5 colors

cattrfly

I really don't like the blue blobs; I do like the torn paper background and the illustration of the girl, but it bothers me that the antlers seem to be out of perspective to the way her head is turned. Also, I agree with loserbeech in thinking it's a bit obnoxious to be advertising your company in the Threadless competition - just put a link in your profile.

gameyy
gameyy profile pic Alumni

I agree with cattfly. On first glance I thought: terrific, I'd buy this! But after inspection some things bothered me. Infuse it with more original design elements (no blobs, no starbursts) and keep that offbeat nonchalance, and it will have my buy.

jayvp77

Hey guys, I apprecate all the feed back. Because this is my first submission there were a lot of things I didn't realize, like how to prepare the files for optimum viewability, and also proper etiquette for dropping our tiny company's website address. I will learn more and more as I submit designs in the future from all of your comments, suggestions and advice. Thanks again.

Oh yeah, one more thing for JuliusB, this design uses white(torn paper), yellow(sequins), blue(circles and lines on paper), and brown(Deer Girl) - 4 colors.

jiggerlo

yeah its nice that you apologized for being so green, aka clueless, about how things run in the threadless community its just common sense on a roll that you don't go blasting your website like that. its almost like ha ha, i piss on you with no shame but vote for my shirt and visit the site....ok that didn't make sense.

like the shirt. thought about doing a little deer girl myself. i should get up and start designing some more

leyotso

Very nice design and colors...great job!

shakebeforeuse

i liek the shirt alot i think its cool your so apologetic even though there was no need to theres no shame in plugging your own site its cool im glad t ofind it its not like those shirts are on threadless and stealing buisness

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Honestly? The girl (bride, maybe?) has really interesting line qualities...But the fact that she is buttoning her shirt gives me a creey pedophile feeling.

The antlers, i am ok with.

It's the loose leaf paper shape & "graphic elements" in the background that are bothersome.

ianmcck

looks-like-the-dude-from-suger-were-goin-down-had-a-kid-i-like-it-tho-preety-amazing-and-unique-design-u-get-a-5-and-a-id-buy-it$

twinchikk

Did the Grinch snatch Cindy-Loo? Would I wear it at Xmas? Would I wear it at all?

No account?
Join Us