Close
One second...

Summer of '77...

For those of us who lived through the summer of '77, recaputre some of that magic in this simple but timeless design. For those of you who were not yet with us that summer...relive it again for the first time....

LOL...! ok...but seriously I hope you enjoy the design. drop a vote and a line to let me know how ya feel!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
pix_six

the boat(?) outline looks weird, i can't really tell what it is

cyanne

Brilliant. Mother f-ing brilliant. LOOOOOOVE.

squigey

Boat thing? BOAT THING? Its a hovercraft from the original Star Wars- A New Hope. This shirt rocks!

vkyk

haha, ^^ tee hee funny. Yea, I like it myself, but it looks like one of those billabongs summer shirts you'd get at a normal store. Though I love the colours =]

littlem

oh this is sooo sweet:) very nice job, i love it!!

kidaro

I cannot honestly say I remember the summer of '77, or that I am a great fan of those movies (except empire which is awesome), but this is still the bee's knees. Kudos!

Stevethegreat

this is WAY better than just the bee's knees this is the bee's FUCKING STINGER!!!

Rockslide

I think that this is one that could actually benefit from text. These types of shirts usually have the thin font under them saying "Acapulco '83" or "San Diego '76" What if this had "Tatooine '77" under and to the right. That would help people understand it and make it look even more retro. Just my two bits. Great idea.

bortwein

I like the rounded corners and shirt color.

odd1

agree with the Rockslide idea
Tatooine '77 !

eoin3

Hey Thanks everyone for the great comments so far! Rock!

Rockslide: you have a good point and I discussed that with a few people and thought on it real hard but decided that enough people get scored low when they add text that I didn't want to risk it and I think the subtle ness of the design plays well on its own...almost like .."oh hey look at the ordinary beach design t-shirt..oh Wait..OMG is that a land speeder?? Sweet dooood where can I get my hands on one of those wicjed hot shirts? and I'd be all, "At Threadless my good man!" and they'd say, "At no time in my life have I felt so complete then when I'm in the presense of such an extrordinary work of pure genuis..." to which I'd reply, "oh go on...you're just saying that." and they's go, "dude you are a god in my eyes and I will go spread the word of your shirt across the land and the world will be naked no more! As GOD is my witness I will be Naked No More!"...

you know...something like that...ehem*

bortwein: Dood you were dead on with that Idea and the shirt color (if threadless can do it on that color) anyway Thanks I owe ya!

Schadenfreude_world

I don't even need to pad this blog. Right on! They like it! Hey Mikey!

Well, was there any doubt?

blandford

I don't think it needs any text, I like that it's not too obvious.
although I did almost skip over it thinking NOT another stripe/rainbow/sun thing...
good choice of colors too.

bobfrompikecreek

Boat thing?? It's a land speeder, ya noob.

cattrfly

Yep, I love it lots. =)

Zalo

2 things. 1 - lucas arts comes down hard one ven fan sites, i dunno what whould happen to this. and 2 - what's with the tree.. or is that a homage to the original design?

eoin3

Zalo: both good questions...
1. this image is a parody or at the very most is of a star wars theme and while it uses vague imagry from the movies and references the movies it's in no was a violation of copy right. There are several designs on this sight and all over the place that reference popular films without violating copy right.

2. the tree is merely to give the image the sense of a beach -like scene. you know like those old Ocean Pacific t-shirts. It's what gives the design a subtle hook...looks like a beach scene but then you look closer and hey...that's a land speeder...

anyway...hope you like it, If not I'm sorry to offend but i appreciate you taking the time to comment.

talisker

hope no longer... I like it.
brilliant!

kaloyster

Is that a submarine and a space-age mosque?

eoin3

left: that's what the entrance to luke skywalker's ho,e on tatooine looked like
right: land speeder

eoin3

ho,e = home

ashlyn

don't change it it's perfect the way it is! i'll take two!!

Sabbagabo

I love it.

ridestowe

loes it. i was not there in 77 but i'm a huge fan anyways :) 5$ and buy

skello2

i love the design and would buy it....but what is w/ the palm tree? i ...maybe someother icon.....

Ady bear

THREADLESS:

THIS HAS TO BE PRINTED!!

eoin3

Thanks everyone! :)

eoin3

Sweet Ady! I appreciate the support!

Asian Candie

AWESOME! I have an old picture like that consept from the early 90s

cujoelwally

This shirt is nothing short of genius!! 5 and a buy definitely. I don't know if I can live without this shirt.

pre-heated-death

I thought it was SW.... I'd buy it right off if it were printed. The colors are great, and the feel is so nice.

anticguitarkid

I have to say i hope you win this. This has to be one of my favorite designs i've seen yet!! It completely wins me over dude! I love it!!!!
Star wars rocks!!!!

kacib

this is awesome. i love it! 5 and buy.

markers

looks like a t-shirt my friend has..but not quite. i like it. $5

Stuart911

effin awesome

tesko

Shaweet. can there be too many star wars shirts? Of course not! I like the way each horizontal line is of a uniform distance from the next. ; )

$$$

Jesus!Versus!Godzilla!

Yes, please! This is perfect for me, all the kids at my high school wear the original Hollister or whatever the fuck it is version of this shirt. A must-have for me.

shades

Fantastic idea + execution. <333
5 for suuure

Scares&Nightmares

Dude, i'm a loser, maybe, but, I LOVE STARWARS, and this SHIRT!
Its a must print!

Nina Elizabeth

I'm not even a big star wars fan, but I like this shirt. I mean, it took me a second to notice what it was (I was paying too much attention to the top few stripes and the use of negative space), but I really like this.

bombshield

4$, anything but Maroon. When I think of shirts like these, I've usually seen them on a faded yellow or natural tee. Charcoal might be dope too. We'll see, for of course this will be printed...the star wars geeks must have another in their collection.

ryber3

One of the better Star Wars shirts I've seen in a long time :)
$5

ronlewis

slowly creeping ahead. . . .

gerpander

Funky. That Tatooine 77 or Mos Eisley Playboys text could open this up a bit.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?