• by clem82
  • posted Oct 01, 2005
  • 68 Comments
Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Pico

Wow, beautiful design :o) Haven't given one a $5 in a while, but this deserves it.

MisterDrift

Wow. Took me a second to see what it really was thought at first glace it looked like a strange fish -thing throwing up. Only thing I dont like is how the fishing line works it way up to the collar and then stops.

Westwood

The angle of her hands seems off...

fiddlywink46

thats really cool, although it seems like her body just comes to an abrupt end, maybe she could have some hint of a bikini-top type thing to flow better?

skipcronin

her left hoobah needs an outline or something. or put her in a shell bra to not offend. needs something there, methinks.

motivated

wow.
too morbid for me, but awesome anyways :D

clem82

MisterDrift, I guess I just didn't know whether or not a print could go all the way to the edge of the fabric.

fiddlywink, I agree - though every method I tried (scales, Little Mermaid style "belt", etc) all looked a bit naff. Hmm...

phosphodae

BEAUTIFUL. PERFECT. Morbid and lovely. Flawless execution-- no pun intended. Would buy ten of them in a heartbeat.

phosphodae

clem82-- No, keep the waistline as is; it fits better with the clean color breaks of the rest of the design. The revised version you posted doesn't have the same coherency.

phosphodae

Please, please, PLEASE let this be printed. Seriously, Threadless, I'm begging you, here. This one is too amazing to just let go.

midnight25

Thats really good, like the concept i think it will get printed

SallyDammerung

Her facial expression kinda makes her look like she's enjoying it. I can't tell if that's part of what makes this pretty, or if a different expression would be better.

x3_tornados

if i liked mermaids, i would love this shirt a lot more.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

The shadow on her eye is a bit wierd (If you look closely upside down :))

clem82

Well, assuming (if it were printed) people weren't in the habit of standing on their heads, we should be right!

amberjade

this is beautiful

mad-ame

clapclapclapclapclapclap

bellis

Oh, I love this.

R to the Sizzle

The anatomy of her lower half is completely off; Real mermaids fins would be 67/71 as big.

WelcomeToMyDreams

makes you stop and appreciate it. very nice.

clem82

R Sizzle, I trust that is a joke and you've not actually spent years studying the dimensions of sea beasties...

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

It would be cool with a few scales dotted randomly about on her lower body/tail.

redmyse

morbid and awesome! 5

ninjaincognito

I think it's wonderful the way it is right now, not sure if the scales would look consistant along with the rest of the image. 5$ nevertheless. :)

Colsenn

it makes me cringe lol ouch

xsharethispoison

totally amaziiing and dark and.. STUFF and i lalalalaliiiike it.

$5

Syzygy

very cool

pre-heated-death

I usually fish by having fish eat the bait placed on the hook.

But we can make execptions for mermaids, right? I like the orientation -- it's really unique. Though I think a harpoon might be a bit more realistic, I still like.

clem82

Ah, but this is an accidental hooking! Like "catching" a tin can or a boot, or drag-netting.

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

1st : your idea was good.
2nd: looks the right hand of mergirl...oh seems off

Rusty25

I think the colors are horrible and the drawing amaturist, The placement is really bad and the size of the image is extremelly too big. I think all of you are crazy for praising this person!

roxyluvsuglycatz

That is awesome! I love the color. Definitely use the darkest color shirt.

xrayeh

Oh mi gosh! That looks so incredibly painful.

It does look a little big ...

clem82

Cheers, Rusty! You might want to call up the Oxford Dictionary and report a new word while you're at it; last time I checked, "amaturist" didn't exist. Points to you!

ilmor

Loves it!!!!

jackanapes

wow . . . this is great. 5$. yeah, whatever, there are some minor problems. but overall, this wearing this shirt is like writing cool on your knuckles and then punching people in the face. not to be violent, but just because, hell, it grabs your attention like that.

suitedaydreamz

Wow. That's sufficiently creepy...

awkwordy

powerful

green-means-go

R to the Sizzle, you're such a dummy. It would be 65/76ths as big.

God!

clem82

I think you mean "gosh!", green-means.

Amyss

what an amazing drawing 5$

Pruven

ouuu i like this.

abby_threadless

browsing internerd.

nice one robbo.

not bad for an auteurist

*pass the chips.