Close
One second...

Tic-Tac-Yarrr!

• by eoin3
  • posted Sep 15, 2005
  • 35 Comments

The Noble Ninja and the Scurvey Pirate...

It's a feud as old as the internet itself. Their battle is epic though the outcome remarkably inconsequential.

A line's been drawn in the sand. What side will you stand on when the swords are drawn.

A vote of $5 is a vote for a winner...or at least a vote against a Stupid Ninja who can't even win a game of Tic-Tac-Toe!

Watch this
AnneB

with the exception of the text, this is one of the funniest shirts i have ever seen...maybe keep the "yarr" but get rid of the "stupid ninja" part

Cabana

I think it'd be better with each head drawn differently..and no text.

helo

The title is perfect! Replace the
existing text with the title and
have the top right pirate with
his mouth open as if he's the one
yelling, "Yarrr!"

ThePeej

I agree, lose the text but I like it.

GoxBoxSocks

You sir just got a 5... and screw everyone else kept the text it needs to be boldly shown that ninja's got nothing on f'in pirates... yarrrr....

FreshMonkey

either change the text to the title of the shirt, or drop it altogether (i vote for dropping it), but you've got a killer idea here--this shirt is a lot of fun!

slideman

Leave it just the way it is. The text makes the shirt, IMO.

SemantiTheft

I don't mind the text, but I think that it would make more sense if a ninja had blocked the lower left move.

TheEngineDriver

What is with Pirates and Ninjas? I think its funny though.

Macaroni

A dumb pirate would flaunt winning a tic-tac-toe game.

Badgerr

OMFG I LOVE YOU.

Milovich

Will the Ninja V Pirate war ever end?

eoin3

SemantiTheft... That's why the Ninja is Stupid! any pirate would have blocked...

Marconi - you're probably right but such is their struggle

Badgerr - hey Thanx

Milovich - prolly not... but that's war..

Nysrol

Awesome shirt just get rid of the stupid ninja stuff and you are good

jamilton

where has everyone's originality gone to? so many submissions are the same now... i'm sick of seeing all these nija vs pirate shirts as well as penguins and heart tees. if you people want these kind of idiotic, 5th grade humor shirts go to your nearest hot topic and buy one already- why are people submitting shirt ideas that have been around for years now?! threadless is a place for original ideas! come on people! do something unique!

eoin3

Sex sells jamilton...

cdelo6

ninjas and pirates are such an integral part of society, we cannot just abandon them like our daily use of toilet paper, let alone when playing everyone's favorite pass time, tic, tac, yarrr. please people, see the need for everything that this shirt obviously offers. GREAT JOB !!!

eoin3

seeee cdelo6 gets it!

jessifuzaki

It would defientely be better without the text.
Maybe keep the Yaarrr, but do something different with it.

Bizzaroeric

I'm sorry but ninjas are far cooler than pirates. Maybe it's cause I'm asian but stillpirates dont have the mad skills of a ninja... and yes I am in fact a ninja.

Treesquid

Now I like the shirt, but CLEARLY the ninja would be the victor. Pirates, being too drunk off grog, would hardly be able to find the paper.

jesterrace

i like the text .. the only thing i would add is the word "Ye" in front of stupid ninja. or ad an "s" to ninja.. " yarrr! ye stupid ninjas"
great idea! 5 $

Jaycee

take away the text, it's obvious enough without and it adds nothing.

then re-draw the lines. the fact that you've just stamped the same line on 4 times for the grid really does nothing for your chances.

jarretlgreen

I guess I won't throw away this assasination bounty offer on your head. Get ready for a throat fulla steel.

xxxaudrie

aaahhh that's too cool!
ninjas and pirates re two of my favorite things.
and it would be better w/o the text...

WestWasWon

" The title is perfect! Replace the
existing text with the title and
have the top right pirate with
his mouth open as if he's the one
yelling, "Yarrr!" "

very good suggestion

lukegibson

oh yes, love it! and love that suggestion^

turkeymonkey

text, no text, what ever. it works both ways.
i love it. yeah, it is really stupid, but sfw?
are we not men? we are d-e-v-o!
print this shit!

eoin3

If, there's any chance, they do print this design... I will Change the text to Tic-Tac-YARRR! or just YARRR!

random_monkey

Tic-Tac-Yarrr! is too American ('tis called Noughts and Crosses here, dunno about anywhere else). Yarrr! would be more appropriate (Or no text at all)

eoin3

hey thanks...i'll keep that in mind if I ever rework the design to resubmit!

No account?
Join Us