Close
One second...

Rigor Mortis Sets In On Liberty

My first submission.

Watch this
cambert

Well drawn, strong statement, originally expressed. People are going to hate it. I think it's superb.

deeves

The concept of Western liberty in a morbid joke. Brilliant.
No bad taste in sight.
But that maybe because I'm licking the screen.

michaelhassett03

not in bad taste, oviously BentoBox doesn't get what it's saying.

altered_towers

love it. clever. funny. not at all in bad taste. but i'm canadian...

emptygenius

Wow... definitely a 5..
not sure if i could wear this though, id be too scared, haha
some conservative would probably kick my ass

bkendrick

I absolutely love this design. Definitely gets a 5 and I would definitely buy it and wear it proudly. You really pull off the message well, a lot of the time designs here presenting a message leave you scratching your head, wondering what it means.

Usually I'm all for blue, but I think this looks better on the gold or brown. I'd buy either one.

zimfreak

Says a lot, and says it well. It took me a minute to realize it was the statue of liberty because of the color, but i suppose that's just me.
Wonderfully understated. $5.

FJackie

This shirt is FANTASTIC! I would buy it in a second! I have a $50 gift certificate to Threadless that I use on this shirt. I lived in NYC for a few years and grew up in Connecticut for most of my life. I don't see what BentBox thinks is in bad taste. NYC isn't dead. Our Liberty.

against kretzer

Great design, Lance. Very clever. I love you.

causticexe

I like it. Most won't.

What a shame.

fastthumbs

comic sans! AAAAGHHHHHH!

5$ though

gabrielrodz

Whoa. Dude. Fricking amazing. Congratulations. Very strong. Would definitely wear it. I won't be scared, I live in Puerto Rico. Pretty far from confrontations. Keep it up.... Oh, I'd lose the tag, or at least change the font, thnx.

bouncinonbubbles

hmm... i like the design and its message, but dont use comic sans.

Dr. Radical

I think it tastes great. A definite 5$. It's only offensive if your scared of the truth. Booya

punkrockkid_101

if it was rigor mortis the the tourch would be gripped tightly in her hand. i would know i worked at a funeral home

d3d

i like the graphic and everything, but i just won't wear american iconography

Meeshymeg

It's a pretty good idea. I live in NYC too, and I'm not offended. Liberty is dead. It's not a statement about NY as far as I can see. But lady liberty is BUFF man, she's too skinny on this shirt, even dead. And she's greener than that.

bananaphone

excellent work and concept.

hobo monkey

first, as an image it's great. I do think the shirt color should change, though. Now, here's my take on what the shirt's about: being from ntc, I love and kinda hate this shirt. I do think I'd consider getting it, but it's not easy to take. I agree, though, on the sentiment.

lauramania

better with out the DOA

zeroprime

Cheer up Emo kids. Liberty isn't dead, just the education of our mindless youth :*(

But, since that is who this shirt is meant to appeal to, it would probably be best to keep the toe tag, but get rid of the "DOA" text. As "Dead On Arrival" would imply that liberty is not dead in America, but rather, it has been absent since America recieved this gift from the Republic of France. Also, the shadows would need a little work. Even if the light was directly above, you'd still get casting from the cloth draping over and the arm hanging off.

Matuso

Ooh that's awesome. Print this, Threadless!

Ballbagz

Very funny...! likes it alot!!!

Miladysparis

Strong message. . . . Lady liberty is buffer than that, so just buff her up a little and it would be awesome. I am a conservative, but I still think freedom is dead. and you wanna know who killed it?. . . . . . but thats another tangent all together. Awesome Shirt!

killerswamp

I really like this. When i first saw it i was like $5, then i was like DOA is just like zeoprime said, and the comic sans needs to go, and she needs to be an effin lot BUFFER. but i am still in love with the idea, and its not for emo kids. i am not emo and i like it, its for people who dont think the gov is perfect.

maryquitecontrary

shes skinny cause she's wasted away and dead. if she was buffed up and ready to pop off the table that would send the wrong message.

the font doesnt matter, it just needs something average and clear and easy to read. people arent going to analyze the type of font on your tshirt when the words are that small.

$5 as is.

got_kimchi?

shes skinny cause she's wasted away and dead. if she was buffed up and ready to pop off the table that would send the wrong message.

the font doesnt matter, it just needs something average and clear and easy to read. people arent going to analyze the type of font on your tshirt when the words are that small.

$5 as is.

elkootcho

How does maryquitecontrary amd got_kimchi ahve the same exact comment and vote???

maryquitecontrary

what is your problem got_kimchi? ? stop being creepy.

aduhm

i love it. the fact that so many people are offended by it makes me love it even more. i really hope it gets printed. i want to to buy this shirt then have its babies. bravo

Forsyth

I don't like this a whole lot (it's okay) but i think that if you believe this is in bad taste...that you need to lighten up.

jayman22

i find that messed up...you terrorist...

goeagles

I would give you $5 dollars if that was five dollars more then I had. Absolutely marvelous! You are a genius. Your mind is like that of the great John Nash. I would buy it.

Insouciance

Would wear this every day. Perfect. $5

GreenEggs

very nice shirt. 5.

egizio

too real!

$5

wookie cookies

love it. so many people will hate it though....

No account?