Close
One second...

Itty Bitty Wings

• by Xrissy
  • posted Aug 01, 2005
  • 38 Comments

My friend Joe used to say this when we were kids...and he wrote it down as I have it here. I\'m not sure where he got it from but I thought it was cute. I know it\'s a lot of weird text but I figured I\'d test it out... just try to read it and see if it makes any sense to you. :)

Thanks for checking out my design...

Watch this
redsugar

l-i-b. s-a-r-2-ducks.

facetious

I love it. M-R-Awesome!

buckithed

so cute! 5 and $

RobinJan

awww, duckies! I'd totally buy this!

sunsetsarelove

my uncle told that to me.
he wrote it down and was like
"read this"

also reminds me of ( eye sofa king we taught it). if you don't get it, say it outloud, and fast.

ohemjasmine

^ Haha, yeah, and 'alpha kenny won.'
Whooo.

The duck on the right has a weird bill.

Gap

Yay! Ducks!

enchantedpickle

Wow, my friend Mike told me that a few months ago, I thought it was awesome, definitly 5, and since it comes in pink I'll give it a $ too. (don't ask, I only wear pink, it's a weird problem I have)

tunastar
tunastar profile pic Alumni

...wha?

buckithed

all ducks are different. some have weird bills and we canblame ourselves with our pollution or chemical contamination.

curr4

I got it!!!! with help =) I would buy it and wear it just to stump people, maybe I will be the only one stumped!!! ha ha MomC

rakkaus

omg my dad used to get me giggling like crazy saying this when I was a little kid--we had ducks in the river behind the house and we'd go on for what had to be 15 minutes at a time. I'm sure it drove everyone crazy :P

rakkaus

(5 and buy btw)

rakkaus

and oops, sorrrry for 3 comments, but you forgot "cdedbd feets"

My understanding (and I have even read it this way) is that it goes

m-r-ducks
m-r-not-ducks
c-d-e-d-b-d-wings?
c-d-e-d-b-d-feets?
m-r-ducks!
m-r-ducks. (the original denying one admits)

I will mention the one thing I am not crazy about is the snake? It might be better if you had 2 of the same creature, maybe something small that are prey to ducks, talking back and forth?

RaeKuusou

i don't get it at all. even after reading all the comments.

if i understood it i'd like the design.

MoniqueH

OH! I get it!

pamandy7210

lol will somone please explain this to me.. lol

mikelietz

It's one of those things that have been passed around for ages, well before computers and fax machines. Basically you are presented with what looks like gibberish (or in other versions, Latin) and you are told to read it. Somebody else takes it and phonetically reads it or otherwise says what is written so it sounds close to real words.

You see:
MR DUCKS
It says:
Them are ducks.

And so forth.

I read a much better one once that went something like:
Osibili, si ergo...
which would say
Oh see, Billy, see 'er go...
and so forth. It was about trucks.

It's funny on a piece of paper. You'd really need to sell me on the art for me to pay for it and wear it on a shirt.

Nayeli

OOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! Tell me if Im right please. It says: 1) Them are ducks 2) Then are not ducks 3) Them are so! 4) See the itty bitty wings 5) Them are ducks....... I think. My brain hurts.

Xrissy

indeed, you are correct :)

emmi

oh so stupid....

Xrissy

hmm and the shirt you bought of humping unicorns isn't? hahahahahahahaha oh man...

MoniqueH

Osibili si ergo, fortibuses in ero. Nobili demis trux: sewatis enim? Cowsendux!

Xrissy

haha awesome moniqueh!

artfagmatic

this is too cute! i looove ducks. i want three.

abigaildarling

yeah i was about to leave a post about CDB. we totally had that book when we were kids. that's good stuff. i love this drawing. good job!

Chua

haha.. witty.. ash would be nice

rudra

OK - these things tend to morph with time - I remember it as this :

MRDUCKS
MRNOT
MR2
CDEDBD FEET
MRDUCKS

And it was billed as the Arkansas Reading Test, as far as I know this one started when Clinton was first running for president (92-93ish).

rose11

Hahaha, I have a copy of CDB somewhere. I'd never heard this one before, though. Cute. ^_^

starlingxfbi

oh weird, in NZ I was brought up with a similar one but with goldfish O_O ie. "M-N-O Goldfish!" "O-S-A-R! .. C-D-B-D-I!"

Never heard of it with ducks. I like the shirt though, makes me smile.

manantial

q carajo es eso!

soup.or.sam

ok this took me forever to work out even when i read the answer. it is doesnt work as well with my scottish acent! cool anways!

mandymarie

my dad used to say this to me

No account?
Join Us