Close
One second...

Legends

• by Strawbs
  • posted Jul 31, 2005
  • 44 Comments

This one can be interpreted in a few different ways in relation to the theme "BEYOND THE PIT"...

My thoughts for this one where that these legends are still living through their music from beyond the grave. But make up your own minds as to how you want to interprate this one.

Watch this
SpacemanBill

This is my personal beef, but don't give Kurt so much limelight. Otherwise, I LOVE this shirt. $5.

NewIllusion

janis is really tough to make out
maybe another image of her
the use of artists who died basically of old age is an interesting twist and I'm not sure what I think of it (neither good nor bad)

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

very nice shirt. I dig the texture.

cement_shoes

Ditto Robsoul.

The bottom part, the tree, looks like this poster in one of my 8th grade teacher's rooms. it was called "the roots of rock n roll".

I so want one of these!!!!

robbyburgess

it looks so good on burgandy. 4

RaeKuusou

burgundy is the best i think. this is really well done, and a great idea.

jayseeca

i don't really like this... i've seen posters that look very much like this at my school poster sales...

MethanolCereal

Not to sound like a dick but it's kind of cliched. Seems like something I would have done in my freshman art class.

a boy on a string.

i've seen a lot posters with these 'legends'-graphics....

allabtdk

is pretty

bilebo

definitely missing John Bonham..
or is he there somewhere?

label
label profile pic Alumni

Burgundy is nice

VAMPIRE77

did you draw all that or did you use pre-existing photos ?????

Agency26

in the real world, you can't sell this without license agreements from the
executors of the dead musician's estate. I'm sure you know that. But in a parallel universe, this shirt will sell out in one hour.

MrWarren

you got orbason but no Johnny Cash or Hank Williams Sr.

adrianarox

this is just amazing

robofrance

I think the design relies more on the popularity of the artists depicted than the creativity of the idea or execution of the design.

EnEyeKay

No Tupac Shakur???

caligirlmj

enjoy the navy, but i really prefer the print 1 you have on the other variations site. oh, and Agency26 is right about the licensing, you're going to have hell getting this printed...

kurtcobainistheshit

I love Kurt Cobain with all my heart and all the other legend on here but i have saw this picture many different palces before its a great idea but this one picture is used to much...

ashlyn

love it

applexcore

i.fucking.love.this

$5!!!!!

SCHOSR_I

i'm thinkin Hendrix isn't big enough. in fact, I'm not even sure if that's him....

sleepy_california

man...i'm in love with this.

i dont think mr. cobain should be as big. but thats just me.
i'm giving this a $4+buy.

and that is hella hendrix.

causticexe

Doubt it'll get printed for reasons already stated.
Annnd, I agree, you can barely see Janis :(
BUUUUUT.
I would buy this shirt in a second <3

Kanoki

Burgundy is amazing. Good job. =)

foofigoo

WHERES JIMMY PAGE?!?!??!?!

PirateJim

Take out a few of them (Ray, Frank, Roy) and instead of 'Live on' you could put 'Actually not that great'...

coilnotebook

lol, i thought kurt cobain was jesus at first

and yes, the burgundy is quite nice

danielson

Love it in burgundy!

BuriedAlive

God damn you, Kurt Cobain. Damn you to Hell you son of a bitch.

Strawbs

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I guess you right about the licensing. Although this shirt is saying these people are legends, and not "I love you Kurt" or "I love you Jimi". It's a shirt about musical history rather than the artists themselves. But I get the point anyway. I didn't realise how much light I gat Kurt. Sorry about that, no one in particular was suposed to stick out. It was about all the artists not one more than the other.

Well thanks for your kind words ans hope to here from you all again on my next subissions.

Strawbs

gunsgoxBANG

i LOVE it!!!! <3333333

Anners

another idea would be to stick to the same genre of artists, i'm not finding similarites between jimi and elvis, other than dying in the same decade. great idea tho

silenceonmyradio

Well I know scoring is already done on this shirt, but ...

foofigoo, fer cryin' out loud, JIMMY PAGE ISN'T DEAD YET!

No account?
Join Us