Close
One second...

CHE COMMERCIAL REVOLUTION

ALRIGHT! Completely archaic idea AND incorrect spelling. Just what I always wanted.

Watch this
mezzanine2

You need to proofread your work.

nins45

don't you mean "here"?

helo

to Perudoesitbetterthanu :

Don't count on it when designers have Che's name
in their screen name.

Not everyone is at the same place in their lives so
there's always the chance of new people discovering
Che and wanting to make comments about him - which
brings out reaction from those who are tired of hearing the
same thing over and over about Che.

< play Lion King's "Circle of Life " song now >

Two effective ways to deflate the cult of personality that
focuses on Che is to informthe masses why Che is
irrelevant and to treat him as a common thing
instead of with reverence. The shirt above is
trying the latter.

helo

...unless CHE 77 accidentally misspelled " here ".

Sjaakennout

So, you have to cut a hole in the shirt and wear it over your head? COOL!!!

drumbum

you know what sucks....is the fact that this shirt made it past the 150 threshold.

CHE 77

Yeah I misspelledit. Last minute I lost the design and recreated it right before I submitted it. My point is nobody cares who he really is. Jay-Z wore a "Che" shirt on MTV, so now its fashionable.

Someone asked me once if it was Jim Morrison (?). So "Perudoesit..." probably understands, this isn't another "Che" shirt, this is the "stop wearing the shirt if you havn't read a book" shirt.

To Helo: not new to me, read many books, done my research, just a design with a point. Thank you for your time.

a boy on a string.

reminds me of 'the revolution will be merchandised'.
a slogan of a german skateboardfirm named HESSENMOB.

hoorah

you should probably try to get your point across more clearly.

mikelietz

While you're rewording (if you in fact intend to fix "Here") why not drop the "Put"? "Your -whatever- Here" is much more common without it.

Also, why the rough edges around the face/hair? Why not have a cutout-dotted line or something? If you're going to do something like this, spend more than a couple seconds on it and really run with the concept.

scrybe

Haha. I'm such a horrible speller that I didn't even notice the typo!

helo

to Sjaakennout:

Maybe instead of cutting out a hole and wearing it over your head,
the shirt might be inviting us to put our face right on the chest of
whoever is wearing it.

janellio

Not an original idea or a particulary well rendered one.

rio314

very nice

nahnah_

It's spelt "here" not "hear".
I hate it.

Novaburn

hmmm...i dont know about everyone else but this shirt pretty much says everyting I feel about the whole Che-as-a- fashionstatement thing. I 'm soo 'effin' tired of seeing his face adorning almost everything that societ y deems as "trendy". I live in Miami where there is a huge Cuban polulation and i'll tell you something, Che is not revered here. Granted, his life was fascinating and while his intentions where honorable w/ regardsto his rel.ationship w/ Fidel, he was sent up the river as it were by very man whom he helped to overthrow Batista in Cuba. When Che sent out word to Fidel for help from the jungles of Bolivia, Fidel snubbed him and left him to die. Point is, it's stylish and anti-establishment and Revolutionary and all that but sad that most ppl dont have a clue as to what he stood for..how come no one wears a shirt with Fidel C astro's face on it...after all, they stood for the same thing.....?!

Thickblueink

che should be respected. not marketed.

osaxety

LOVE IT
finally, someone with a worthy point
$5

nondescription

Che should be neither respected nor marketed.

No account?