Close
One second...

I Heart Guacamole

• by Koleeta
  • posted Jun 03, 2005
  • 60 Comments

Anyone who is in love with fresh guac or becomes 10 times happier when avocado season arrives knows what I'm talkin' bout.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
huntr004

design is fantastic

sometripe

I like the old school tattoo vibe it's got.

Britney

Hell yeah! Can I just get that right now? I want a baby sized one too!!

dyskrasia

I don't like avocados, but I love the design. I'd definitely buy this for a friend. Sweeeeeet.

bethanne616

I love how the bird is swooping in ;)

maxximoo

this almost seems like a tattoo that an ironic hipster would get.
fucking hipsters and their bird tattoos.

I'll take two, please.

pulloffmywings

this shirt makes me wish I liked avacados. bravo.

MargotDent

That Koleeta, she's so hot right now.
And her shirts are, too.

dduron

i think this shirt is pimp and i don't even like avacados. i would still buy it though.

jonnytrrrash7

i would totally sport this!

misvid

narly!

Trashcan

more than one shade of green would be nice

poocake

I am totally getting this tattooed on my chest.

natazilla

i love the birds! nice!!!

JoanneKLWong

i am so buying this shirt! it kicks ass!

byeaw

daddy like

Milovich

Gawd I love this shirt so bad, if they printed it I'd buy it so fast. Avocados rock.

SemantiTheft

What is with the sudden flood of avocado shirts?

avantgarden

Holy Jesus Sweetness. I need this!

Koleeta

SemantiTheft, it's a conspiracy, and you shall suffer. We haven't even gotten to the P.I.T. (Pleasure Injection Torture) yet.

wilsondesign

Color the pit- it completes the icon

Mithrandir

i think this shirt would be awesome in a dark brown. or dusk purple. and yea, definately 5$

Kerrn

i say bravo
to your avocado

id consider shading in the pit
and the little stem thingy

very pretty
excellent use of birds.

-k.

PlanNine

I love Koleeta and I love this shirt!

So much so that I've never posted a comment until now.

Hell, I didn't even know there were comments!

omnipresent

i love this shirt almost as much as i love avocados.

PatShat

cute

Pacifique
Pacifique profile pic Alumni

the pit of the avocado would possibly look better if it was black

pipp

Color the pit of the avocado and it's complete...

dancingbeans

love it just the way it is. five and buy.

mrestko

The pit should be a different color--it will make the design "pop" more. Other than that I love it.

duritz

i wish my avocado's were this green, i love the shirt, i'd probably wear it to some cool event or something.. idunno

insaneinkster

As a tattoo artist, I'd say you go look at more sailor Jerry stuff. The birds are off, the banners don't flow right, and the text should be in a different font. Any Tattoo artist will tell you that. Good concept and neat idea. Old School Traditional style has been done over and over and there really are specific ways to do it, and this isn't quite it. Not being a snob, I'll rate it a 4 based on the idea alone.

SoFarAway00

awesome. but maybe a different veggie? asparagus? eggplant?

this is the third avacado i remember seeing here. reminds me of the format.

sugarfish

As a professional paranoid schizophrenic, I often dive unannounced into those curbside flood drain-off openings. While wading my way through municipal sewage systems, I will occasionally sample the local rat fare. Don't knock it until you've tried it -- raw rat, with just the right amount of guacamole, can turn an ordinary foray through the damp underground into a vacation in paradise, the likes of which will rival your garden variety Club Med package any old time. It is, therefore, with great pride that I would club a random Bohemian into a state of unconsciousness and liberate him of this avacadophilic shirt to complete my own ensemble. I find it hard to imagine a more appropriate means of demonstrating my appreciation for the avacado. Yes, the avacado. The fruit that brightens even the most humdrum of lives.

I also like birds. Well-done or straight up.

Glossopteris

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH ALL THESE AVACADOS

queenotu

Something is just a little off with this one. Is it the rays? The lack of contrast in the avacados? Lack of shading? Not sure, but it's just not there yet.

byeaw

I ate avacados today but it felt wrong. I need this shirt for it to feel ok to eat avacados.

Koleeta

queenotu, the more I look at it the more I want to make changes and re-submit. What should I DOOO?! :(

Klayr

I have some friends who would just ADORE this.

DookieJones

rock it girl...rock it

bottlesandcans

other than color its not that great.. sorry

robofrance

Avacados are the least healthy vegetable. but they taste damn good. The best guacamole is the kind that comes in the bag, the stuff that comes in the little plastic tub tastes like avacado flavored pickles. gross.

I like this shirt.

Koleeta

bottlesandcans, well, what is it? is the whole concept lame? or does the design look unfinished?

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I like it.
Couple of suggestions though.
Fill in the pip. Brown preferably. I'm unsure about the white outline around the avocados. Maybe ditch it altogether or change the colour of it. Also I think that the white areas, i.e. the banner and perhaps the outline, would look better an off-white/cream colour.

This design is styled on a tattoo aesthetic and tattoos are colourful, so make use of the 4 colours you have available.

I love your illustrative work though, great clean lines.

dreeft

I agree the avocado needs some slight shadowing to add texture.

I also think the rays need some more work.

Overall, good idea.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us