One second...

Us/Them

• by n.persson
  • posted May 02, 2005
  • 30 Comments

No comments.

Watch this
AUTOMATTI

ive seen this so much. but this is allright. basic, but allright. i think it should be even more centered.

63caddy

don't the threadless rules so no wrap-arounds?

also, shouldn't "them" be everywhere else, considering the US will find an enemy anywhere our president wants to find one?

Teh HAM!

perhaps he's focusing on the current enemy. i like the design and the idea. pretty sure 63caddy's right about the wrap-around though.

THE_THINKER

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

i like it alot. it would look good on a few different colored shirts too.

n.persson

I think a "wrap -around" is a print that goes all the way around, but I don't know. A print that's 15x15 inches and aren't over any seems should be all right... Just look on http://www.threadless.com/product/110/E-Love for example.

And as for the focus of the "them" text, I'm mostly thinking of the cold war “threat” of the "communists" and/or Soviet/China. But you are right, it would be nice to have the text “them” printed as a pattern (very small text) all over the world (except for the US, that is). Maybe I’ll submit a one like that later on.

jock05tees

Narrow-minded and such a lazy effort! Get out of the sixties!!!

Swingchild

this does seem simple and pointless

ka-rima

I can feel it!

thedederone

i dont like the placement, but the double antende is welcome.

Strawbs

just silly. i don't like it.

charissastarr

i just think this is a really bad idea, overall......

madam Q

hehehehe. funny.

elasticx

I, a canadian, resent being grouped into 'us'. But that's sort of how it is. Either being 'them' pr being annexed.

Happy_Fun_Love

Nice, n.persson, I would buy one today. I'm going to France next year as an exchange student and it would be an excellent conversation (controversy) piece.

I'm a liberal. I immediately thought it was funny in a satirical manner. But like others I just want to echo the sentiment that the idea needs refinement.

"And as for the focus of the "them" text, I'm mostly thinking of the cold war “threat” of the "communists" and/or Soviet/China. But you are right, it would be nice to have the text “them” printed as a pattern (very small text) all over the world (except for the US, that is). Maybe I’ll submit a one like that later on."

The small text would be cash because I don't see this and think US vs Commies. To me the conotation is neo-conservatism fighting faceless enemies around the world because it's "hard-work."

I'm new to threadless and it is my second favorite online community next to Flickr.com

I don't know if it's possible but if threadless doesn't give you the votes, can you print a few off http://www.pixeltees.com/ for me because I really want one of these shirts. Or if there is something else like it.

mobiustriptease

Say what you will about the execution, but it is totally a valid statement. My $0.02 is that America should be one color (possibly the UK as well), and the rest of the world a different color, states the point better.
As for the comments knocking the concept, do any of you pay any attention to global politics, at all? You don't have to agree with the concept, but to call it invalid or without a point is not only narrow-minded but ignorant to boot.

sparow

i'm greek, i think this is the idea.... you know the truth abt how 'us' and 'them' are considered by' them' 'us'... ha

UmbrellaJane

This shirt with provide the wearer with a 50% increase in the risk of getting something thrown at him.

volcomgirlscout

i like it. nice conversation starter.

FakePlasticEarth

That's going to be over a seam... but it's a good idea.

Imxyour_rushmore

I do like the concept...

One of the above comments suggested a color based separation. I think this would be a great idea, like US one color and the rest another color, forgetting about the text.

I do like it though.

zach_n16

heh just kidding its great

tmccoooooool

Sarcasm doesn't translate too well overt- shirts. I wouldn't buy it, because you can't really add a little asterisk and a note that says (just kidding)

jonEspen

Like the idea. But I would like it more if the map was a bit more to the right (so US was "centered" :) )

Heinzi

nice idea...thats how it is...
but i wouldn`t wear it..cause it's not a good t-shirt motive!

deeves

The weak irony here would probably only make sense to people in the us.
I know it was entered earlier, but this reminds me of nohomo by myke mla. A slightly insecure and pointlessly provocative message that warrants a zero.

No account?