Close
One second...

What the Pros Use

• by Mutton
  • posted Mar 19, 2005
  • 41 Comments

I've always used this quote and I thought it would make for a funny t-shirt. However I'm not sure if the use of the buttons is a copyright issue, argh... any suggestions?

Watch this
Hym

And communists use GIMP right ? nah not funny

d!ck

I LOVE this! man just what threadless needs. fresh man 5. funny funny

d!ck

p.s. i want one

mrs egg

I get the joke and all but really....who would wear it? <Cough> Illustrator rules<cough>

:)

pandar

A shirt about MS Paint? I don't see why anyone would wear it, sorry.

Mutton

What if I moved the toolbar to the bottom right of the shirt and made the text smaller? Maybe even replace the text with something else. I need some constructive feedback, please. This is only the first version.

pixelly

personally, i think this is great. I grew up with windows and I'm so fucking sick of everyone who pushhes their MAC hollier-than-thou attitude. Constructive criticism? Make the tool bar life size as if you screen capped onto the shirt. Text, smaller (but enlarge the spray can). I like the color on the tools and nothing else. Nice choice. Consider boxing in the image. Paint is all about unelegant, rough design. Use gray for the box area. Try a different colored shirt? Red? Hope this helps your creative process!

pixelly

holier

pixelly

resubmit, rework, i'd buy in a heartbeat.

dorkeh

i wouldn't wear it... wearing a shirt about ms paint... sorry man.

Desenchantee

If you were a pro using MS paint, I'd expect the shirt to be better..

Second Scout

EvilCarrotChomp...You can continue to use PCs. We won't stop you.

Mutton...I see your attempt to be funny, but your audience for that shirt is the high schoolers sitting on their parents’ PCs who think they're a pro because they have a computer and MS Paint. But who cares, I wouldn't wear it because it's poorly executed and unfunny.

Mutton

It was never meant to be in your face or anything, more like tongue-in-cheek. I changed the phrase from it's original "Real men use MS paint" to widen the audience, so maybe it got lost in translation. Thanks for your help. I wish Threadless had forums so people didn't have to upload their rough drafts. :)

Moglandor

This is pretty funny, but I don't know who would actually wear it. Still, for humor, better than most submissions.

pixelly

I don't get it. I'd wear this shirt with pride (if it was a little classier looking because I'm a classy lassy!). It's like the NES 8-bit gamer shirt for the uh... graphic designer "oldskol" crowd.

thenomadway

awesome. I'd buy it!

amooret

Haha this is awesome. I know tons of people who would wear it. :D
I can' twait to see it reworked. Good luck with it.

geyser

I can't offer any suggestions for placement even though it is a bit awkward. As for wording, I would leave it at "pros use MS Paint," take out "the." 5

enidlareg

Funny, I like it :) Make it smaller, take out the "the", and make it look like a MS Paint window, title bar and everything and I'll buy it :)

jmonkey

thats so funny - but i couldnt wear it. hey youve just given me an idea for a shirt... comic-sans rules

Bickes

amazing.

BIKERSUMO

Ha Ha Ha!

vladepap

re work it, definitely. take out 'the'
but its funny.

bondy

as a pro (a truly MS PAINTER) i will buy it! haha

TheThirdNipple

I really like it. But I think you should know that this would be the only place where you will get a resounding "I'll buy it," since this shirt is all about graphic design. I just don't think many people (which is most people) who are not especially interested in graphic design will find much appeal in this shirt.

embo

Haha. its so nerdy.
I like it, but if people saw me in public with it they'd be like "ehh you freaky geek"

eclipse011

the statement is funny, but its just too ugly

xonlyone

Cute idea, but I wouldn't wear it. And all the icons on the side just bother me because there's just too many.

Mr_union

this quite frankly its absolutely terrible. The idea is lackluster at best, calling the execution poor would be akin to calling hitler a little mean, and whatever font you use gives me the runs from my eyeballs. I think you should put some effort into the shirt before you post it up next time.

jesus didn't die for your sins so that you could put out shit like this :-D

seussman71

Mr. Union - you've used that comment on several pieces that I've seen.

Quite frankly, it's an absolutely terrible post. The idea of using a copy-and-paste comment doesn't help anyone, and I think YOU should put some effort into the comment before you post it on another design.

Give some constructive criticism. Please.

Mutton - I think your design is pretty funny, and a nice jab at a horrible program...

agsystems

Worst ever. DON'T EVER SUBMIT TO THREADLESS AGAIN! YOU GOT A ZERO

Krause

WHAT A LAME DISIGN! ITS FUCKEN STUPID

iheartdesign

im sorry thats just dumb.

Leda_Atomika

Mutton, I agree with your idea of a forum. I just submitted 2 designs that I wish I could've gotten some perspective on beforehand... oh well, instead we have to endure the humility after submission.

Hmm, constructive criticism. Definitely work on the fonts. It's too bad I'm not familiar with MS Paint, so I don't know it's capabilities but it looks limiting. In fact I would say to make this shirt good you would need Illustrator but um, that would kill the idea.
So, heh, do the best you can? And then put a big child's face with it's tongue sticking out under the words for all the nay sayers out there.

Leda_Atomika

Oh, and it's not a lame design if there is an idea behind it.
Execution can always be worked on.

bondy

by this post, we can see the difference between artist and designer: mutton, you are a genius artist!! salute to you... i will buy it!

Walt Lindsay

I would put the toolbar in a box like it is when you open the program. I would make the whole thing look like a window opened on the computer. Make it actually look like the MS Paint is open.

I really like this. I use Paint all the time when I make little dorky drawings. Cute idea. Kudos!

Faded

f*** no i use Corel Draw n MS paint sucks i used that when i was like 8

destructif

I really like the idea, but I wish it was more obnoxious.

No account?
Join Us