Close
One second...

Fire!

• by straymon
  • posted Mar 10, 2005
  • 34 Comments

That's funny. Wasn't that a legend, that they scooped up a scuba guy and dumped him into the fire.

Watch this
Oreomunk

Not sure about white (snowy) trees.....maybe green shirt? Although....current colors look good together. Mmmmm....

KEMMLER

yeah, I heard about that somewhere... it's cool but for that reason not as original as it might have been. Also I don't think that usually snowy trees catch on fire...

lurkeley

magnolia?

chimbleysweep

kind of cool..it bothers me that the guy isnt going directly into the trees though..sorry if im being technical but it looks like the guy would fly over the trees not into them.

sillyhapa

nice design and placement...though as a scuba diver..I'll be very wary of helicopters now lol!

___dotdotdot___

Haha. I remember hearing about that happening to a guy. And it makes me laugh. I like it

Revolt One

yeah it was a give take thing, I wanted to use a blue shirt because of the knock out in the water and the glass on the window of the heli to get that looking right.....but I think those of you that mentioned using a green shirt are right........that or maybe just black outline for the trees.

The Red Star

Magnolia called they want there story back.

goatcow

heh, it's an urban legend that magnolia used ;P

i love this.
Give unto me

Tessio

Hahaha, this is great. Perhaps make the cable holding the water container bent?

emdi

Sublime. 5+buy

themidtownkoala

The show Mythbusters did a fairly decent job in proving this impossible. But that has nothing to do with the shirt.

dylanpratt

beautiful. 5.

astronaut21

I saw that on mythbusters. NICE 8-)

sidefriction

First submission lately that I would ACTUALLY buy.

MeehMBJr

wow, The Red Star, that's a joke format you like to use a lot, isn't it?

3 million standup comedians called. they want their joke formula back.

all the English teachers in the country called. they want you to freakin' use the right form of the word their/there.

i think the shirt is great, Revolt One. a 5 and a buy.

Eiais

I'd LOVE to have a shirt with an obscure Magnolia reference on it.

Spusel

u have room for one more color...i am totally all about using green on the trees... right now thats the only think i am not diggin

__mellowbonsai

Yeah, i'd position the diver directly above one of the trees and make the trees green, if i saw that submission next week itd be a 5 and buy.

reynolds718

just because its from the beginning of magnolia makes it a great concept...nice job...but i think you should just ditch the trees on the bottom...make the rope shorter...and consolidate the whole graphic...just a tiny bit shorter though

badgercakes

Don't really like the snowy trees, and the relation in size between the scuba diver and the box, but I REALLY like it. 5, would be a buy if those things were fixed.

rhornick

Coooooooooool! But why are the trees white? Snowy trees don't catch on fire. Fix that, and its' a 5$

kattikatt

Wonderful! 5$ :D

kiernan

Regarding people asking for non-white trees. I just fiddled around in photoshop and when the trees are made dark green, the front two trees look as though they lack detail.

White trees keep the colour count (cost) down since the water is also white.

artifice

This is kinda neat. It reminds me of one of mine. I thought about using the scuba guy but I just opted for fish.
http://www.threadless.com/submission/32738/Super_Scooper

White trees are odd but so is a scuba guy falling from a helicopter. What is more odd -white trees burning or the scuba guy? A double dose of wtf.

DrinkMoloko

Good one. The white trees are NOT odd. Anyone who says they should be green is retarded. You're using 4 colors. Red, orange, black & white. Everything looks good on this shirt the way it is. Buy!

emotionalist

awesome, the colors are great

cyndimonster

I am in love with this. I love most of your work. I'd buy this shirt in a freaking heartbeat.

Whoever said this should be on green is like.. colorblind. Also, the white trees are not odd.

This shirt is great the way it is.

boots&hearts

i love this, and ilove the trees how they are, the colours are perfect.

Ally Hawke

That actually happened

No account?