Threadless Data Processing Addendum
(a) “Data Protection Legislation” means European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends or replaces any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
(b) “Data Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Processor”, “Processing”, “Subprocessor”, and “Supervisory Authority” shall be interpreted in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation;
(c) “Personal Data” as used in this Addendum means information relating to an identifiable or identified Data Subject who visits or engages in transactions through your Artist Shop (a “Customer”), which Threadless Processes as a Data Processor in the course of providing you with the Services; and
2. Data Protection
Where a Data Subject is located in the European Economic Area, that Data Subject’s Personal Data will be processed by Threadless. As part of providing the Services, this Personal Data may be transferred to other regions, including to the United States. Such transfers will be completed in compliance with relevant Data Protection Legislation.
When Threadless processes Personal Data in the course of providing the Services, Threadless will:
Process the Personal Data as a Data Processor, only for the purpose of providing the Services in accordance with documented instructions from you (provided that such instructions are commensurate with the functionalities of the Services), and as may subsequently be agreed to by you. If Threadless is required by law to Process the Personal Data for any other purpose, Threadless will provide you with prior notice of this requirement, unless Threadless is prohibited by law from providing such notice;
- notify you if, in Threadless’ opinion, your instruction for the Processing of Personal Data infringes applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- notify you promptly, to the extent permitted by law, upon receiving an inquiry or complaint from a Data Subject or Supervisory Authority relating to Threadless’ Processing of the Personal Data;
- implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful Processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of Personal Data and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Data which is to be protected;
- provide you, upon request, with up-to-date attestations, reports or extracts thereof where available from a source charged with auditing Threadless’ data protection practices (e.g. external auditors, internal audit, data protection auditors), or suitable certifications, to enable you to assess compliance with the terms of this Addendum;
- notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful Processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data;
- ensure that its personnel who access the Personal Data are subject to confidentiality obligations that restrict their ability to disclose the customer Personal Data; and
- upon termination of the Agreement, Threadless will promptly initiate its purge process to delete or anonymize the Personal Data. If you request a copy of such Personal Data within 60 days of termination, Threadless will provide you with a copy of such Personal Data.
In the course of providing the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Threadless may use Subprocessors to process the Personal Data. Threadless’ use of any specific Subprocessor to process the Personal Data must be in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and must be governed by a contract between Threadless and such Subprocessor.
The terms of this Addendum shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and the laws of United States applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Illinois with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Addendum.