Close
One second...

This shrimp is a real asshole.

Well, the design is up for your judgement and derision. if it fails I blame all of you and will make sure you all know about it for a long long time, may god have mercy on your souls.

https://www.threadless.com/designs/selfish-shellfish
here is the promo code if this is your kinda thing : 7LUI3H (can I post this here? I have no idea)

=======================================================================

Old stuff:

I wanted to make something fast, dirty and shrimp based. Some quick questions:

It is clear that it's holding a pile of cash?

Is there something else he could be holding that illustrates selfishness better?

And finally PG or rated R version?

I feel like I'm going through a shrimp renaissance, all I want to do are shrimp based designs.

New version:

edit3 (latest version):

Watch this
Wolfgang8885

Why would a shrimp be hoarding cash?

If you can figure out something that will work better than something shrimp will never need, then this design will be great.

Btw, yes I could tell that was cash.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I like the absurdity of it, and second version for me. Also, I can totally tell that's a pile of money.

Wolfgang8885

Maybe you can make the shrimp hoarding a little container of tartar sauce, and saying, my sauce! or fuck off!

that may work better.

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni

I agree, I don't think cash is the strongest design element I could be using. However, don't hate it just because it is so absurd and completely useless to him. I do think it could be something better though, I'm just trying to figure out what. Thanks for the input :)

Wolfgang8885
JOHN2 said:

I agree, I don't think cash is the strongest design element I could be using. However, don't hate it just because it is so absurd and completely useless to him. I do think it could be something better though, I'm just trying to figure out what. Thanks for the input :)

I just hate selfish shellfish. THey are they worst!

vectored_life
Wolfgang8885 said:

Maybe you can make the shrimp hoarding a little container of tartar sauce, and saying, my sauce! or fuck off!

that may work better.

I'm with guy! hahaha

my suggestion, cocktail sauce.

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni

I like the second one! it might take a second to get it, but the "mine" seems funnier than "fuck off"

merkinspurlock

also, yeah. cocktail sauce or somethin.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

i like it

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni

hmm yeah cocktail sauce could work, I'm gonna mess around with that.

Wolfgang8885

I want shrimp and sauce now. NOW

vectored_life
merkinspurlock said:

I like the second one! it might take a second to get it, but the "mine" seems funnier than "fuck off"

Agreed. And "Mine" implies being selfish more too.

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni

Here is my quick cocktail sauce version, I think I like it. I'll probably mess around with a bottle version. My main concern now is making sure people know its cocktail sauce right off the bat, not sure if I have achieved that yet. Also, cutting the profanity seems unanimous so I'll nix that. You guys are the best.

Wolfgang8885

Haha, this is looking funnier already. The cup needs a bit more detail to look like a cocktail sauce cup, and the bubbly white stuff can go.

side note: i just wanna Take that shrimp, smack it against a table, dip it in the sauce and shove it in my mouth and chew it!

im hungry...

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

The cocktail sauce version is amazing. I saw it before I read the comments and knew exactly what it was, and I don't even eat shrimp. Nasty little buggers.

vectored_life

My changes:

Remove the white things in the sauce. and I think maybe make the sauce cup bigger? Like more to scale with an actual shrimp (but just a little).

I'm seriously loving this though, especially the sauce face. Totally LMAO!

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni

Think I'm almost done, I just have to settle on a shirt color. I don't want to overwork it so that it loses its 'rustic' charm. I made the sauce the little saucier and the cup a little bigger, I'm likin' it. You guys have been incredibly helpful, but as you know, I will unfortunately have to claim all credit for myself and deny any of your involvement. I will bask in the riches this design will give me forgetting all of those who helped me get there. Today is not that day though, for now I must give all my thanks. Any more CC are very welcome.

Wolfgang8885

This is so cool and funny. I like how he has 5 fingers on his right hand and only 4 on the left. ;)

Wolfgang8885

The only other critique i have is that the sauce on the mouth should be more of a smear and not dots. Looks like he has an std or something.

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni
Wolfgang8885 said:

Looks like he has an std or something.

lol i'll take that as a win

Wolfgang8885
JOHN2 said:
Wolfgang8885 said:

haha

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
JOHN2 said:
Wolfgang8885 said:

Big win! I love this.

Manupix

b...but a shrimp isn't a shellfish?

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I've always thought of them as shellfish. They're listed along with crabs and whatnot when you look up "shellfish allergy".

As for the design, it's funny and a lovely drawing.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

So friggin funny!

vanillablue

this is cute and funny

JOHN2
JOHN2 profile pic Alumni

thanks guys, if it was not for your help he would just be a confused shrimp holding a pile of cash with a mild case of oral herpes, which isn't that bad of an idea really...

Wolfgang8885
JOHN2 said:

thanks guys, if it was not for your help he would just be a confused shrimp holding a pile of cash with a mild case of oral herpes, which isn't that bad of an idea really...

Hahaha. Glad this little guy is finally complete and ready for a home on a shirt. :)

merkinspurlock

The one up for scoring is so great. Made me real lol

taz-pie

so good.

Wolfgang8885
taz-pie said:

so good.

Even a shrimp is meaner than Taz...what has this world come to....

No account?
Join Us