Close
One second...

hand drawn or downloaded from the internet ?

is it ok to make a design out of images from the internet not drawn by me ??

Watch this
taz-pie

why would you want to do that? where is the art in that?

Manupix

It happens. Check EZFL's designs.

Two conditions though: the resulting collage should be more than a collection of parts = a real design with concept and composition and skills; images must be free to use for commercial purposes. READ THE LICENSES, 'public domain' is too vague.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

READ THE LICENSES, 'public domain' is too vague.

This. If you're talking about drawing from people's drawings, we'll probably catch it and don't accept that.

xnb40

no i 'm talking about something i wouldn't be able to draw it that well and it would probably look better if i took it and modified it and of course made the rest of the design not just copy and paste

Nick_Nightshade

A huge amount of the designs on Threadless use content from other sources (stock photos, etc). Heck, in many ways photomanipulation designs seem way more popular than hand drawn designs. Adhere to Manupix's advice, and the Threadless team will reject anything iffy.

Good luck!

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni
Nick_Nightshade said:

A huge amount of the designs on Threadless use content from other sources (stock photos, etc). Heck, in many ways photomanipulation designs seem way more popular than hand drawn designs. Adhere to Manupix's advice, and the Threadless team will reject anything iffy.

Good luck!

Way more? I just had a look at the shop frontpage, there's only one that use photomontage...

Manupix
xnb40 said:

no i 'm talking about something i wouldn't be able to draw it that well and it would probably look better if i took it and modified it and of course made the rest of the design not just copy and paste

Doesn't sound good.

xnb40

fine

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni

Show us an example maybe.

xnb40

well i was working on this t shirt design for the 3D challenge

moInk

well i guess it depends... as long as it´s creativity that powers your engins, anything you use can be a tool, helping you to establish some new and hopefully original piece of art. i sometimes use pictures or parts of pictures, and then paint over it. you can create interresting contrasts by mixing photographic and illustrative styles. and of course there are lots of ways to manipulate pictures... the internet is a huge source of inspiration, although it´s a challange sometimes to not be a copycat...

No account?
Join Us