Close
One second...

Please give me tips for my rejected design!!

HI guy and gals, this is my last design, it was rejected with this message:

We want every design submitted to Threadless to have the best possible chance at being chosen for print. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot. Want some feedback on your design? Post a thread in the forum to get tips and helpful suggestions from other artists!

So i'm here asking your help!!
Thank you every one.

the idea was some kind of super villain that brings with him the wrong item.
the title is inspired to those mangas in which characters always introduce what they are going to do.
This is the result:
Title: "I'll terminate you with my ... uhm ... Umbrella!!"
Image:

Watch this
opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I'm not sure if the concept is really coming through since he already has a gun with him? So not only do you have to get across that he brought the wrong weapon, you now have to get across that he did in fact bring a lethal weapon but there's some extra-lethal weapon that he forgot to bring, and we are to assume all this because he is reaching for an umbrella and there are question marks around his head. It's too much of a puzzle to put together when glancing at a t-shirt for three seconds imho. Even if the idea were made clearer (which might be hard because it's somewhat random) I'm not sure it's an idea that would have me reaching for my wallet. It seems like one of those ideas that's funny when you talk about it, but boiled down to a t-shirt graphic it doesn't quite come across. I could always be proven wrong, however.

ciccio.franco.35

Thank you for your opinion!! actually I noticed that my vision of the image is greatly influenced by scenes of the film i've seen, and so i immediately realize what you have described as difficult to understand. I will wait for other comments otherwise i will delete this design XD Thank you again.

taz-pie

i think you can go ahead and scrap this.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

yep, what they said - love the idea, totally see the funny in it, but it doesn't read.

No account?
Join Us