Close
One second...

Something totally new, needs feedback

Hey everyone! So again trying something completely different, I wanted to do something universal that everyone would understand, in this case the idea of opposites in nature (I chose fire and ice). Been tinkering with this design for a little while and want some feedback. I usually don't do much with patterns, shapes, abstract, or anything like this, so give me all you got! Thanks!

Watch this
gasponce
1 design submitted -

looks cool!

Nick_Nightshade
gasponce said:

looks cool!

Thanks! Any feedback on what could be done to improve it or anything? Like I said, I've never done anything really like this before.

Nick_Nightshade

So I made a second version, trying to add more details and so forth into it. I can't tell if I'm over-working the design (not like I ever do that), so I'm posting it for feedback. Thanks!

taz-pie

i dunno man. the star of david exploding is... not really my cup of tea.

Nick_Nightshade
taz-pie said:

i dunno man. the star of david exploding is... not really my cup of tea.

Yes, because that was clearly my intention, Taz. Insert eye-rolling face

I do suppose with orange triangle with the small blue triangles on the outside the shape is now more like that than it was in it's original version (which I thought was too boring), but I hadn't really thought of it that way before...

Wolfgang8885

There's some interesting placement of shapes going on, but I dont really see this going anywhere.

Nick_Nightshade
Wolfgang8885 said:

There's some interesting placement of shapes going on, but I dont really see this going anywhere.

Is the concept (fire and ice) itself not strong enough, or do you think it just needs more work put into it to make it visually more interesting (different shapes, more details, etc)?

mjwmeyer

Have you thought about interlocking the some of the triangles? It might give a bit more depth to have the fire and ice doing an over/under instead of just having them layered.

I like your color choices - not the usual ice/flame colors.

Mary J. Winters-Meyer Www.Tangitude.com Please score me! https://www.threadless.com/@mjwmeyer

thompson98

it is not very 'threadlessy'

Nick_Nightshade
thompson98 said:

it is not very 'threadlessy'

I have difficulty with this comment because I am not sure what really qualifies something as "threadlessy" versus "not threadlessy". Look at the main designs in the shop and you see it's mostly photo manipulation or photo-based illustration, generally colorful but usually only 2-4 main colors. Thematically nature doesn't seem that different from a lot of printed designs. I guess I am asking for some more clarification on what this exactly means, because Threadless has so many different design styles, but a lot of artistic similarities between designs, and I keep thinking I'm hitting on them.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

No account?
Join Us