Close
One second...

Please advise on a design

Hello,
I'm new to threadless....
I submitted a design and it was declined...
Any advise how it can be improved is more that welcome!
I wanted to make a series of this (I have already few more submitted and have more ideas for next...)

Watch this
Manupix
2 designs submitted - Score now!

The design should be able to convey the idea without all this text. Also no fonts, hand drawn text!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

The text is not really adding too much to the illustration. The illustration itself is a little weak; can't really stand on its own. As Manupix stated, you should really rely on your illustration to convey the idea, rather than words.

Text can work, but only if it really improves/adds upon the concept

neczka

Thanks for your comments! Here is a new version - please have a look and let me know if it's better or not... I want to keep it simple...

taz-pie
neczka said:

Thanks for your comments! Here is a new version - please have a look and let me know if it's better or not... I want to keep it simple...

it looks like a junior school nerd club clip art tshirt. sorry, but it is definitely not something i would buy.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Looks like a poorly drawn company logo. I wouldn't want anything like that in my home or on a tee.

farlyfs

I think you dont need to type your idea into the design. Just find another way to deliver your messages by making a great artwork and let the your design title explain it all.... Threadless respect artwork, not words.... Just like if you respect somebody who take real action, not just words :)

neczka

Thanks for the constructive critique @farlyfs, @Manupix, @jeffreyg Seem that I need to rethink this design.

No account?