Close
One second...

3.31: "For My Next Trick", A collab by rossmat8 & ersinerturk

Thank you all for your votes and comments!

Process GIF:

Before-After GIF: Full view

Final work: November 17, Full view

Line art:

Watch this
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Looking really good. I like the Gray-scaling a lot but some elements are getting lost or unrecognizable. Adding emphasized light sources has created a new/better atmosphere. Continuing working with the lighting/adding a little color could help with recovering the lost elements.

tager01

Nice, I agree with Musarter, the new version is too dark it`s hard to see everything. You should play with the lightning a little bit more.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Definitely add in limited color. Maybe do an image search for vintage magic show/side-show posters. Get some inspiration from the color palettes that were used.

Nick_Nightshade

Agreed, the pure black and white is too complicated visually to be identifiable without seriously reworking the light sources, but I can see how the brightly colored version isn't really working for a t-shirt either. Some slight coloration (I like Eric's vintage idea) would look awesome!

Also, the way the color just "stops" is really awkward. There's a lot of ways to fix that. You could go with a gradient bleed-off of the color, you could do a vintage "flaking off" of the color, you could find a way to close off the line art... hope this helps!

Manupix

This is all kinds of awesome!

However there is something in the shading gradients that turns me off: I don't think they fit the style, there's too much of them and they're all the same all across the piece.

Unfortunately I have no idea for a fix :(

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Yeah this is an awesome illo for sure

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Just now saw this. No offense to anyone else I have worked with but this probably my favorite collab. The amount of time and effort you put in truly showed. I was stunned it didn't print and I'm thrilled you are redoing it.

ersinerturk
ersinerturk profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll use them.

@Ross: Thanks man, I'll push till it gets printed :D

rossmat8

Bump for any more input. I think it looks awesome!

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Little update, also added the line art.

c-royal
c-royal profile pic Alumni

I can see the amount of work behind it but I think they are just too much elements in it, nothing really stands out, even if that's the point. It looks better in black and white, the color palette was too wide in the first one.

moInk

I agree with c-royal. the problem is that there are no elements that really stand out. you could propably play with light and shadows a little more to make the things in the front pop out... a next thing is texture. your lineart looks cool but when its colored it seems to be too clean, almost like plastic. lighter front, darker back, not all elements in front of the main characters, and texture could possibly make it a great piece pretty easy (not too much extra effort...)!

rossmat8

Thanks for the advice dudes. This is looking awesome!

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks for the help!

Some more update. Getting there.

rossmat8

This just keeps getting better. Looking great

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks man!

Another update + a close-up.

rossmat8

Definitely need to somehow include that close up in the final submission that is SICK!

rossmat8

bump

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Another massive delay. I'm kind of done with the grayscale image. Next I'll add reflections of light sources with colors.

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Update: Working on colors.

goliath72

Looking good

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks Daniel!

I think I'm done. Do you think I should work on colors more?

rossmat8

Awesome!

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Wow, sick illustration.

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks guys!

Process .gif added.

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

*before/after GIF included

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Amazing skills!!!

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

dang

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks a lot!!

mike.rodrick.7

I really think, this, as with other shirts that this type of design is just too complicated for a t-shirt no matter how it's done. Having to study it to appreciate the artwork just isn't for me. Great for other applications. Would make a great poster.

rossmat8

I agree it's a little complicated but that was kind of my goal. I wanted the battle to end all battles with each competitor pulling out every trick in their book. I went a little overboard with my ideas but I could not be any happier with the result. It was without a doubt my most in depth and challenging idea and Ersin knocked it completely out of the park and blew away even my most outlandish expectations.

rossmat8

Thanks everyone for the great comments and I can't possibly think you enough for your amazing job on this Ersin. I am very pleased with the score now we just have to hope for the best :/

ersinerturk
1 design submitted -

Thanks a lot, everyone!

@mike.rodrick.7: Thanks! I get what you mean, but imo it works on a t-shirt too.

rossmat8: The score's great, now let's wait and see :/

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

whoa awesome work!!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Great work you guys!! The gifs are fantastic.

goliath72

This is so good! Please print

tager01

The final version is awesome!!!

No account?