Close
One second...

Need help with "Minimalism"

Hey everyone! I need some assistance on the Minimalism challenge. For those unfamiliar with my usual submissions, the term "less is more" has never entered my vocabulary. So I am wondering if this is too basic, or if it needs some visual razzle-dazzle (shading, distressing, etc). Thanks!

Watch this
parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

Loose the plate, the steam and make the +,= signs smaller and thinner

Nick_Nightshade

Okay, so I removed the plate (although I still think I like the steam, otherwise it seems difficult to tell what it is). I fiddled with it a little more (to give at least some options) and added some shading. Not sure if I'm wrecking the "minimalism" vibe, and I know I have a tendency to "over design", but I wanted to play with it. Thoughts?

Wolfgang8885

Ahh. Drop Shadows!

This is definitely not minimalism. Id say make the battery levels just simple colors. No shading, highlights, or lines. Remove the shadows on the cup, and if you want to keep the steam, dont use a gradient.

Nick_Nightshade

Somehow I figured that would be the consensus. Seriously though, what does everyone here have against gradients? Drop shadows I can understand, it's lazy as all hell, but gradients I don't get.

So this is about as stripped down as I can make it I think. Thoughts?

Wolfgang8885

Gradients are not really good on T-Shirt designs. You have to remember it's for clothes, not for a website, or a card, or something where that might work better. That 3d look you had before, you wont find anything like that here. If you want to take it to the next level, I would suggest distressing the art.

Your update is much better. Not sure about the bright colors though. Maybe some others can give you more input.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Just a heads up: before you press on, you might want to consider that this coffee/battery things has been done quite a bit.

Nick_Nightshade
Wolfgang8885 said:If you want to take it to the next level, I would suggest distressing the art.

Your update is much better. Not sure about the bright colors though. Maybe some others can give you more input.

Alright, this is as minimal as it can possibly get, I think. Added the distressed effect like you suggested and axed the colors.

No account?
Join Us