Close
One second...

Oh The Horror Of It All (WIP) updated drawn hand

submitted this one just now but am thinking about doing a more drawn version tomorrow as well. it's for the horror challenge. it's an anti-war shirt

Watch this
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

The details on the hand are a little hard to make out. I'm also not super super crazy about the layout of everything. I would think the hand should be your focal point and not the typography

R2P2design

something like this in sense of layout?

R2P2design

first made it as a text shirt. then thought about incorporating the peace sign somehow to make it immediately clear it's an anti-war shirt. from there added the cut-off horror hand. but you're right, it's better to make the hand more central

R2P2design

here's my update of the drawn hand. i'm new to illustration so how do you rework the lines for screen print? do i put the outline through illustrator? how do you guys do this? any links to tutorials? and are the highlights okay?

R2P2design

my niece was helping me out. in the first picture she's afraid for the flash ; )

gasponce
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Not bad but I know nothing about technical details,sorry. Youtube has loads of tutorials though! Besides that maybe make the bone bit a bit thicker!? Just a thought!

gasponce
2 designs submitted - Score now!

The highlights I think are fine, maybe someone with more expert opinions will give their two cents too.

R2P2design

hi gasponce thanks, i made the bones a bit bigger and trying to figure out the composition...

R2P2design

they are tendons hanging down but they did need to be bigger

R2P2design

can't make it work with the hand and the text so maybe i should separate them...

No account?