Was it for the minimalist challenge?

R7A7A7

Yes

gasponce said:

Was it for the minimalist challenge?

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni
11 designs submitted - Score now!

Play with the text more in a really simple way. Maybe each letter could have one anti social aspect. Headphones, like button from social media site, TV remote, and you already have the cell phone. Just some ideas that could work?

R7A7A7

Yea Of Course!!! Thank You for the advice

dnice25 said:

Play with the text more in a really simple way. Maybe each letter could have one anti social aspect. Headphones, like button from social media site, TV remote, and you already have the cell phone. Just some ideas that could work?

The Machine-O

Clever idea! I agree that the iPhone screen was confusing to me. I also think, for this design, I would try keeping the same font size for ANTI and SOCIAL. Possibillz?

R7A7A7

Thank you for the advice!!

matchless201 said:

I think the crack on the screen is too complicated. Too many cracks.

R7A7A7

Yes I agree with your comments, Thank you for your advice, I really apperciate it!!

The Machine-O said:

Clever idea! I agree that the iPhone screen was confusing to me. I also think, for this design, I would try keeping the same font size for ANTI and SOCIAL. Possibillz?

R7A7A7

How do you guys feel about the kerning?

Orton Studios

The phone is not a clear element. I would agree with dnice25. You need to add an anti social graphic element like a set of headphones or a pair of stinky socks. If you were making a statement which would imply that your design was rebelling against social media you could illustrate a dead blue bird on it's back next to 'ANTI SOCIAL'. Definitely tighten up your kerning, making sure it's all consistent.

Keep pushing it!

R7A7A7

Wow Thanks for your feedback, Thats a good idea! Thank you so much

Orton Studios said:

The phone is not a clear element. I would agree with dnice25. You need to add an anti social graphic element like a set of headphones or a pair of stinky socks. If you were making a statement which would imply that your design was rebelling against social media you could illustrate a dead blue bird on it's back next to 'ANTI SOCIAL'. Definitely tighten up your kerning, making sure it's all consistent.

Keep pushing it!

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni

I personally thought the idea was fine. I don't understand why the phone would be cracked, but I get the idea of a smart phone being an anti-social tool.

If anything, maybe the phone's screen could have the columns & rows of apps like iPhones do, instead of just a bar of notifications across the middle. The notifications aren't really necessary in my opinion, and just showing a smartphone is enough to get the idea across. It'd be a bit more clean & minimalistic that way, too.

All in all, I'm surprised it was declined. I think it's better than a lot of the stuff that gets through!

R7A7A7

You really think so? So try the less is more? Thank you, I really appreciate it.

RonanL said:

I personally thought the idea was fine. I don't understand why the phone would be cracked, but I get the idea of a smart phone being an anti-social tool.

If anything, maybe the phone's screen could have the columns & rows of apps like iPhones do, instead of just a bar of notifications across the middle. The notifications aren't really necessary in my opinion, and just showing a smartphone is enough to get the idea across. It'd be a bit more clean & minimalistic that way, too.

All in all, I'm surprised it was declined. I think it's better than a lot of the stuff that gets through!

No account?
Join Us