Close
One second...

My design was declined any help or advice would be appreciated….new to threadless

My design was declined not sure if its my line work or maybe lack of concept but any advice or tips would be helpful. Link below

Teddy kills whiskers

Watch this
silviuchiriac

I think it doesn't have the required quality for being accepted on Threadless. Even more, the illustration is hard to read (it was difficult for me understand that that was a sack containing a cat).

vanillablue
vanillablue profile pic Staff

At first glanced that looks like a large chicken leg. Also, not sure I'd want to buy a shirt with a teddy bear that just killed a cat :-/

I would recommend taking a look at all the printed designs: threadless.com/all to get an idea of what gets printed. Threadless and its customers love cats so I don't think this design would go over very well.

sleftwich1

Lol I see what you mean, and I like cats too, but for now ill scrap this one. I may comeback later and try something completely different with the bear, and look more into threadless.

thank you both.

b3rni
b3rni profile pic Alumni

if you want to use the bear again, you could add some shading. this would make him look less flat :)

taz-pie
b3rni said:

if you want to use the bear again, you could add some shading. this would make him look less flat :)

shading does not fix a poor concept.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
10 designs submitted - Score now!
taz-pie said:
b3rni said:

shading does not fix a poor concept.

Boom! Sometimes it's better to go back to the drawing board altogether. Figure out what subject matter is marketable and nice to look at. After that, you could be on to something!

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

hey, your avatar is an illustration by Jillian Fisher...

vanillablue
vanillablue profile pic Staff
Farnell said:

hey, your avatar is an illustration by Jillian Fisher...

Jillian designed all the new default avatars :)

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

ohhhh I see, cool

No account?