Iconic Family Collab With Soloyo (PRINTED!)

Iconic Family Scoring!!!

With Eyes Filled In:

https://www.threadless.com/designs/the-iconic-family

https://www.threadless.com/designs/iconic-family

Process Sketches:

I was hesitant to post a WIP blog on this but I really need all your opinions

The Idea is based off the Incredibles logo, I thought it be nice to have Jack Jack in the force field with the daughter.

Soloyo thought it be nice to have Jack Jack more in the background like this.

Update with a different pose for Mr Incredible holding Jack-Jack?

Update #4

Update #5

Characters With black outlines?

Update # 6

Update #7

Update #8

Update #9

Update #10

Update #11

Update # 12

Update #13

Comments are greatly appreciated of which version you prefer.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
brennanpearson

I thinks it's a great concept. Try changing the sizes of Mr. Incredible and Violet to make it too more like the letter i.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

:-)

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the comments! :) I personally like the first version but I may change my mind the more I work on it.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

The first one, the second looks weird with disembodied eyes. I would have Mr Incredible holding Jack-Jack, sat on his shoulder of being held aloft.

Theo86

Thx for the input Wharton I agree I like the first one also, I will Work on jack jack being held by the father. :)

Theo86

Hehe thx Ixromero, I plan on having the father hold jack jack though and maybe having jack jack turn to steel and look super heavy.

Theo86

Good point quick-brown-fox, should I keep him in the force field then like how I have in the first version?

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
Theo86 said:

Hehe thx Ixromero, I plan on having the father hold jack jack though and maybe having jack jack turn to steel and look super heavy.

Also maybe try arms flexed with jack jack on his shoulders?

papaomaangas
papaomaangas profile pic Alumni

oh boy, i don't know. But if I were you, i'll stop working on it and think of another idea. Too bad that you saw it scoring before you finished yours.

Theo86

thanks papaomaangas, I think with this situation I will continue working on it and see which one may turn out better. :)

Theo86

thanks papaomaangas updated Mr Incredibles pose and will add the daughter in the next update, will show Jack-Jack with some kind of super power.

Wolfgang8885

If you think you can do it better, go for it. If not, I would just move on. It sucks but how else are you going to get feedback?

GregSuj

Indeed

lxromero said:

Jack Jack's eyes scare the crap out of me

Theo86

Thanks Wolfgang, I am not backing down just because someone decides to take our idea. This guy is prolly on threadless thinking he can get easy $$$ I have always been here to improve my artwork which I feel I have done in the past 3 years and I know I still have LOTS to learn. I also am here for the community.

pijaczaj
pijaczaj profile pic Alumni

That sucks. I hope this is just a coincidence. Anyway you should finish your work since it is obvious you started it long time before he sub his version.

spookylili
spookylili profile pic Alumni

I think he just had the same idea... I don't think there was enough time to copy your idea, submit it and get it approved, specially since it usually takes more time to get approved when submitting for a challenge.
Just finish yours, it's obvious you're not copying anyone :)

Wolfgang8885

I agree with no outlines, but I think you need to push this further to elevate it. Dash's head is deformed on the side, and his body looks weird, The girl is too tiny, and her eyes look weird. The mom's thighs are also weird and her head is in a strange position.

Theo86

Thanks papaomaangas and Wolfgang8885, I agree about you on Dash so I updated him, hopefully he looks better. I also worked on the mom more, would love more critiques if there are more I really want to submit this soon. :)

Wolfgang8885

Much much better I think to make it look better you should just black out all the others eyes like the moms and Dash's i think it would look really cool

R2P2design

hi, don't know the movie but as a picture the elastic figure unbalances the logo. it seems forced and takes away speed. she's static and sticks out, while the guy on the other side is not. i would put both stretched out legs behind her, so that they become 'swooshes' (suggestions of speed) and so that her body can stay inside the logo as well

Theo86

Glad it looks much better Wolfgang8885 :) I thought about your suggestion R2P2design How about this for the mom?

Wolfgang8885

Woah, I think the mom was better how she was before. Like in update 6. The logo was fine not "unbalanced" now she just looks awkward. Other than that,nice update.

R2P2design

this also looks a bit forced. i think the original idea / sketch with the legs behind her, is better. the only option with the body sticking out that i think was more or less okay was option 5, where the direction of the body still corresponds with the guy running on the other end. the position there is also more diagonally in line with him (as apposed to more down to the left as in option 6)

Theo86

Thanks for all your help! I will work on the moms position more later tonight, I liked how she looked in update number 6 also but maybe I can re position her to fit the logo a little more.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
lxromero said:

elastigirl's pose is kinda awkward, she's not very grounded and everyone else is.

Theo86

Thanks Ixromero, would she look more grounded if I based it off the first sketch I did? With two feet on the ground if the logo. But I think she needs to look skinnier then how she is from the first sketch.

Theo86

also I know Wolfgang8885 wasn't a fan of the eyes filled in but I think it gives it more of the "Incredible" look, what do you all think?

Wolfgang8885

Ahhh creepy beady eyes! I think all black is better. It gives it a minimalistic look.

R2P2design

yeah, this is it! ; )

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us