Close
One second...

New and looking for tipps and tricks ;P

Hello guys,
I am new to threadless, already submitted a design here: https://www.threadless.com/designs/the-symbol-of-owl
It would be nice if you could take some time to score it, but that is not the main purpose of this thread ;P

I don't directly got any experience at designing, but I started playing around with photoshop and illustrator as a "signature maker" and since my style has become kinda illustrative I thought I would try myself at t-shirt designs and stuff.
I would appreciate if you guys had any tipps and tricks for me regarding how everything works on threadless and how to approach creating designs :0

Here are some of my more illustrative works I made as a "signature maker":

It would be nice to hear opinion which of those styles have the most potential for designs. Hope to get some nice feedback, thank all already in advance n_n

Watch this
Wolfgang8885

I think you have better chances with your 1st or 2nd designs. They are artsy, and have a lot of potential, but you want to make the concept a little stronger. I see something with the fish flying by kite, just maybe not enough.

The other designs are ok, but I dont really see them as shirts. The colors are all over the place, and the drawings are not that well done. Plus, there is no concept, they look like just random things put together.

But anyway, welcome!

SchillerKuni

Thank you for the help. I think I mainly concentrated on colors details, I will try to do some more conceptual pieces in the future, watch out! :'D

linnfrase

I actually like 3 and 4. The colors are a bit much for the eye but that makes them interesting.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

The first two will prob. do well. They're softer and more approachable in color, style and subject. The others are a bit too harsh and may not be welcomed with open arms from the typical voter.

I'd recommend having a look at the /all page. It's a huge visual list of whats been printed here with the most recent being at the top of the page. Bookmark it. Use it as a reference; an insight as to what colors work well together, what styles, subjects and themes are the current trend here... what people want to purchase.

ThatRedBalloon

Image 2 looks like something which can go on a tshirt. Now if you up for a 'trick' pick a card from the deck. dont tell me what it is..ready :)

gasponce
1 design submitted -
Wolfgang8885 said:

I think you have better chances with your 1st or 2nd designs. They are artsy, and have a lot of potential, but you want to make the concept a little stronger. I see something with the fish flying by kite, just maybe not enough.

The other designs are ok, but I dont really see them as shirts. The colors are all over the place, and the drawings are not that well done. Plus, there is no concept, they look like just random things put together.

But anyway, welcome!

Loving the style on 1 & 2! really cute!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

2 has the strongest change in my mind. It's cute and funny and execution is good. 4 has something interesting in it, I could see that style go with a Marvel challenge if the colors are a little toned down and restricted.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

P.S. I like your in voting design the best. It has interesting colors, but not too jarring, the movement from the cracks are nice, the shapes and textures are intriguing, but it lacks focus. It could go from ok cool to wow fantastic if there was one focus point where the eye goes and sees what it's all about. At the moment it sort of looks like the face is the blue/green thing at the upper middle but it doesn't reed and text doesn't need to be all that intact to be readable, but this is too far. I'd like to know what my shirt is saying if I was wearing it. If you can control and coral this abstract chaos to the point where it's just at the point of readable, it could be your thing :) and do well.

SchillerKuni

Thank you guys for all the feedback, it really helps to get a better picture in which direction to go n_n

No account?