lxromero profile pic Staff

love it

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Around my shirt in 6 frames

Design by Theo86 and soloyo

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

Soloyo beat me to it! Really like your gif quick-brown-fox. I def plan on making more .gifs for sure. :)

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

Thanks Theo, my girlfriend said that's how she saw the design before I animated it!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

thats crazy cause your girlfriend is my girlfriend too

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

The fish is my favorite part! :-D

I'll animate whichever one I do for summer sequels, still haven't decided.

soloyo

This one already ended but it was fun to see it animated: .

Donut give up, get in shape

Design by Ri7Li and soloyo scored 3.12 (6/24/14) .

soloyo

:-)

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni

I make a lot of my designs into GIFS when I post them to my Tumblr. Here's some of my favorites:

. . . . . .

lxromero

that ghost rider design is awesome

quick-brown-fox

They're awesome Ronan. It's a feature of photoshop I'd overlooked for years.

RonanL

Thanks a ton! I wish I known about the animation panel earlier too! I also wish it was just better & had more tools. All I can really edit in the timeline panel is Position, Style & Opacity. I am running CS4, so I don't know if later versions have more tools. I just stick to the frame panel. All these are made in quick, 3-frame loops where I just draw some of the parts 3 times over.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

I'm not very good at this.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

Haha, love it guys!

quick-brown-fox
EZFL said:

I'm not very good at this.

Awesome design and gif dude.

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Wolfgang8885

Any tips on making a gif?

I made mine in Flash, but exporting as an animated gif in Flash gives horrible quality. Any ideas? What do you guys use?

EstefAzevedo

This is so awesome !!!!!!!!!!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I like making simple 3-4 frame "boils" or moving holds like this

quick-brown-fox

Awesome giffages folks!

Wolfgang8885 said:

Any tips on making a gif?

I made mine in Flash, but exporting as an animated gif in Flash gives horrible quality. Any ideas? What do you guys use?

I use photoshop - the animation pallet lets you simple frame animations.

Wolfgang8885

Sweet thanks. I was able to figure out in Flash though. I'm just more comfortable animating there lol.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
Wolfgang8885 said:

Sweet thanks. I was able to figure out in Flash though. I'm just more comfortable animating there lol.

haha, awesome

Morkki
1 design submitted -

this one was a little more involved but the noodly arms crack me up

Also: when you post gifs on tumblr tag them with #gif and #animation along with the usual stuff. People like and reblog dat biz like cray-zee

lxromero

I kinda wish we had the technology to print gifs

Morkki
1 design submitted -

If you jiggle your moobs that could kinda animate it

lxromero

jiggle em with mah fist

R2P2design

hey luis, did you see the mail i sent to threadless or don't you check this in the weekend? just sent it to your website mail. i think i have a good idea for this!

RonanL

Morkki
1 design submitted -

That's cool, reminds me of Bill Plympton

soloyo

MORE!!!

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

Ohhhh this is fun!

quick-brown-fox
Morkki said:

this one was a little more involved but the noodly arms crack me up

Also: when you post gifs on tumblr tag them with #gif and #animation along with the usual stuff. People like and reblog dat biz like cray-zee

krey gud!

R2P2design

hey guys, what about a 'gifsaver challenge'? i'm coining this term for a new format; screensavers made with animated gifs. i can make them for mac and pc in all screen sizes. i took the liberty of creating a couple based on the gifs of quickbrownfox and EZFL in this thread. 1440x900 for mac, as samples (same aspect ratio as 1280x800). let me know if it's okay to post them here, so you can have a look. but it's better if the submissions are specifically made for a screensaver. maybe the participants can send a jpg with the layout of the elements of the screensaver + the corresponding animated gifs. the files shouldnt be too heavy though, but that's a condition for animated gifs in general.

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

these are great!

R2P2design
campkatie said:

these are great!

i second that ; ) and i think the winning gifsavers should be made available for download.

Evan_Luza
Evan_Luza profile pic Alumni

Still up for voting!

quick-brown-fox
R2P2design said:

hey guys, what about a 'gifsaver challenge'? i'm coining this term for a new format; screensavers made with animated gifs. i can make them for mac and pc in all screen sizes. i took the liberty of creating a couple based on the gifs of quickbrownfox and EZFL in this thread. 1440x900 for mac, as samples (same aspect ratio as 1280x800). let me know if it's okay to post them here, so you can have a look. but it's better if the submissions are specifically made for a screensaver. maybe the participants can send a jpg with the layout of the elements of the screensaver + the corresponding animated gifs. the files shouldnt be too heavy though, but that's a condition for animated gifs in general.

It's a really nice idea, but I'm kind of reluctant to have large versions of my designs available in too many places. Over the years there have quite a few people taking work, printing them on stuff and selling them without permission. I'm not saying you'd do that, but the end users of the screensavers. That's just my two cents though.

silviuchiriac

(Here's a secret: I love GIFS).

R2P2design

hey quickbrownfox,thanks for your response. the sizes mentioned are the outer dimensions of the screen. the animated gifs are relatively small. the same size you put on this thread. smaller than on a tshirt. i sent a pm to your website email. why not start something new with a couple of people from here? with a sponsor behind it, it would be possible to pay the winners and staff. should be free for the end user to download.

RonanL

Fixed this one up today.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?