Watch this
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Sorry, not so much me.

Ephyeah

I don't get it either. :\

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

You would have to be familiar with the 'I Ching' (a Chinese classic text), which is probably a small minority. An even smaller minority who actually understand it, myself included.

vectored_life

I only understand that those are gold bars after reading Cha-Ching

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I got it, but my dad is a philosopher and teaches Taoism. Printed in metallic ink would make it clearer, but even so it's pretty niche. Funny though.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

looks like it's written in chinese to me

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

i know of the i ching but not what it contains, and the made of money part is neat

The Paper Crane
opifan64 said:

I got it, but my dad is a philosopher and teaches Taoism. Printed in metallic ink would make it clearer, but even so it's pretty niche. Funny though.

That's a pretty cool dad job!! I think this one's a no go then. I will finish with some reassuring Taoist words for you:

To realise that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realise that you do not understand is a defect

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Gold blocks = Cha Ching I-Ching = the Ching

The Paper Crane

Are you talking shit Chris?

Urban Dictionary
Ching Diarrhea... bad diarrhea! Sometimes referred to as 'the ching.' Diarrhea, ching-ching-ching... diarrhea, ching-ching-ching.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
The Paper Crane said:

Urban Dictionary
Ching Diarrhea... bad diarrhea! Sometimes referred to as 'the ching.' Diarrhea, ching-ching-ching... diarrhea, ching-ching-ching.

I can never figure you out Rick. Half the time you're Mr Zazen, bushy eyebrowed, philosophy master and the next your JeffreyG fart jokes Jr.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

With my admittedly limited knowledge of the I-Ching I would have to say that it's pretty much on the same level as tarot cards or astrology, which means it's complete bollocks. For anyone who is curious about the design, the I-Ching chart for divination consists of hexagrams made up of broken lines, which have been substituted for gold bars here - the clever part along with the title.

The Paper Crane
opifan64 said:

With my admittedly limited knowledge of the I-Ching I would have to say that it's pretty much on the same level as tarot cards or astrology, which means it's complete bollocks. For anyone who is curious about the design, the I-Ching chart for divination consists of hexagrams made up of broken lines, which have been substituted for gold bars here - the clever part along with the title.

Thanks Eric. I also spent ages looking at the different translated meanings and picking out the hexagrams that were most appropriate to gold:

Radiance, Prospering, Accumulation, Abundance, Great possession, Great power, Influence, Excess, Conflict, Oppression.

Oh well I learnt some stuff in the process.

The Paper Crane
Wharton said:
The Paper Crane said:

Urban Dictionary

I can never figure you out Rick. Half the time you're Mr Zazen, bushy eyebrowed, philosophy master and the next your JeffreyG fart jokes Jr.

Both of which are very complimentary thank you x

pijaczaj

I don't get it, but gold should be less dirty in my opinion.

No account?
Join Us