Nope WIP: Final color choices before sub (for real this time)

Update:
Based on maths and adding a light (happy/fooled ya) color, here are the final color choices. I also added highlights and lowlights (one extra color): does it look better?

I also considered making one a navy tee with light blue ink, similar to Obama's slogan/logo, but I decided to not go political.

Almost ready to sub.

Three more options. Of the six do you prefer one color combo.

I also did a version with highlights and lowlights (not pictured) but I am not sure if it is necessary.

Worked up "Nope."

Thoughts?
Should the hand be more cartoony?
Font ideas/thoughts?
Color ideas/thoughts?

Might try gray ink on black tee too.

Original Post:

Two separate ideas:
First idea- Do you get the first one? If so, do you think it would work well?

Second idea (Nope)- Is this just dumb or great? Is it too similar to other designs out there?

I don't need a pat on the back, just give it to me straight no chaser.

Watch this
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

i think nope could be a nice simple tee. I'm not a fan of clowns so I'm not commenting on that at all...

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i could see the nope working in a simple or minimalistic style, but there is that nope baseball tee already printed, but then again fuck it, it wouldn't hurt to sub it 8)

parallelish
lxromero said:

i think nope could be a nice simple tee. I'm not a fan of clowns so I'm not commenting on that at all...

also not a fan of clowns 8(

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Cool guys, thanks for the thoughts. I for got about the "Nope" baseball tee. That kind of puts a damper on the that one.

On the other one, it would the back (no face) of Pennywise the Clown "IT." Does that make it any better?

vectoredlife

Not sure I get the IT design. I do like the nope design buuuuut....yeah the other nope shirt may be an issue :(

parallelish
Musarter said:

Cool guys, thanks for the thoughts. I for got about the "Nope" baseball tee. That kind of puts a damper on the that one.

On the other one, it would the back (no face) of Pennywise the Clown "IT." Does that make it any better?

vectoredlife said:

Not sure I get the IT design. I do like the nope design buuuuut....yeah the other nope shirt may be an issue :(

nah man, it wouldn't hurt to sub it and you can always sub it to other places too.

and no, not any better, sorry clowns just freak me out and i wouldn't want to wear one where ever it is on the shirt

gasponce

I like both but I don't get the first one. I got that it's the clown from it but what's on it's ba.. oh, is it supposed to be "you're it"? if so no it took me too much time to figure it out! If not please explain! :)

Musarter

The drawing might not be so clear, there is supposed to be a nail through "IT," as in "nailed it." All in all probably not a great idea.

I am glad I brought these ideas up as one was not clear enough, or had a clown (who wants to wear a clown anyway), and the other has kind of already been done. I could work them up but I don't really think it is worth my time.

Thanks for the thoughts anyway.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I wouldn't say that the existing Nope shirt is any reason not to do another Nope shirt in a different style. For example there's a new "Meh" shirt this week but there already was a Meh shirt in the Spongebob collection. It's a common word!

Wolfgang8885

I like the simplicity of it. No real suggestions here. I like the red and black colors.

vectoredlife

I love the red letters on black the best. 2nd choice is the grey. Looks really cool and way different from the already "Nope" design! Kuddos!

Musarter

Thanks for looking and for your opinions. Since everyone seems to like the actual design, here are three more color choices. Let me know which of the six you prefer.

Wolfgang8885

I like the black and gray one, and the red bg with the black font.

Bohsky

I like the 4th version the most (red on black) the most. I'm worried about one part in the "e" letter. It looks like, the letter has creepy smile with this notch. I think without it design would look better. Or maybe it's just my weird imagination, so don't mind it :).

vectoredlife

In order from top to bottom (top being 1; bottom being 6):

My fav is still number 4. Then it's a tie between 1 & 2

[+duracell-]
lxromero said:

I like grey on grey and black on red personally

Same.

Another possiblilty would be to intentionally use two cheery colors (like pastels or whatever). Because at first glance from a passerby, it could read as "HOPE" ..but nope, jokes on you, it says NOPE. See?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
[+duracell-] said:
lxromero said:

I like grey on grey and black on red personally

Same.

Another possiblilty would be to intentionally use two cheery colors (like pastels or whatever). Because at first glance from a passerby, it could read as "HOPE" ..but nope, jokes on you, it says NOPE. See?

Yeah

Wolfgang8885

Ok, there's too much maths in this thread.

Musarter

Thanks everyone. I will go ahead and edit this a bit and have the three final choices up soon. First I have to math; it should take 5 to 7 hours.

EN AJUSTES

Nice! I like the dark red on black...

Musarter

Thanks for the couple new votes.

It has been updated one more time. Three final color choices and some depth added.

EN AJUSTES

I like them in this order: 1. red on black, 2. grey, 3. light blue. They all look good though.

New smooth lighting works like a charm.

vectoredlife

Love the added highlights and lowlights!!! My color choice has changed.

I like blue on blue the best. Red on black is a close contender though.

R2P2design

1 grey on grey with depth 5 yellow on grey but i would like to see it with depth ; )

R2P2design

1=1 and 2=5 i meant

graphiczel

all 3 colors depending on the mood...

1. grey on grey - I don't care mood or I don't give a f*ck kind of nope
  2. red on black - assertive kind of nope
  3. blue on blue - nope with a smile

and I feel like the thumb looks weird without those crease lines..

I don't know, It's just me... you can ignore my comment any time... :)

Musarter

Thanks for the input. Since there is no clear winner I may need to go with my gut, that is unless someone wants to add some more thoughts.

Wolfgang8885

I personally would go with the first one, (dark gray and light gray) because it seems like you can really appreciate the texture on the skin the best. But I would also say any of the red and black ones.

Its tough, I recently had to do the same for my design but in the end, I say go with your gut. I think the ones with the highest contrast would be better because they can be spotted easier than the others from a distance.

No account?
Join Us