What's your favorite thing you ever made?

Well? What is it?

Art-wise. I don't need to see your kids or bowel movements. Weirdo.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

Probably this thing, now 4 years old. It was 64 1.2 x 1.2 in cubes sanded and painted to look like a breaking mario block. It's flawed and I always meant to do a second better one but it was a great experience and I still have it in a shelf gathering dust.

vectoredlife

So much for this thread. -walks out-

Probably a design that I made in college in a hurry for an assigned gallery show because I procrastinated too long. It was right after I learned to use Illustrator and a Mac.

It was a pen trace/color of my (now ex) fiancee in a halloween costume. It was a Roy Lichtenstein style pinup-style 18x36 printed on foam board at the school post office for $2.50.

A guy came in to the school gallery, seen it and a few other pieces, told us he wanted to hang them in his restaurant and sell them for us (we kept all money if sold).

Found out it got hung in the women's bathroom that turned out to be the best selling spot in the restaurant.

Some lady liked it and bought it for $75 that I made up on the spot when she asked.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
lxromero said:

Probably this thing, now 4 years old. It was 64 1.2 x 1.2 in cubes sanded and painted to look like a breaking mario block. It's flawed and I always meant to do a second better one but it was a great experience and I still have it in a shelf gathering dust.

That's pretty excellent.

fourLTRS

That block is super cool! I would display that on my living room somewheres.

I'd like to think that every new thing I make is my favorite. I'm always trying to improve myself. I am sorta keen to this thing though; I think it'd look good on a wall or something, you know, like a shirt:

FoodStampDavis
Torakamikaze said:

I like new things I make better than the old things I make. My newest series was fun to make. I think I like this one the best.

Yes yes. Big fan of these.

vectoredlife
FoodStampDavis said:

Of course, Steve, I'm always gonna be partial to this.

That's bad ass.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni
FoodStampDavis said:

I don't think America was ready for that one, but I'm glad you appreciated it.

FoodStampDavis
Torakamikaze said:
FoodStampDavis said:

I don't think America was ready for that one, but I'm glad you appreciated it.

Yeah, well, America's a fucking dickshit.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I'd not made personal stuff for years since finding this place. My favourite thing I've made, or at least been involved in making was this. Outside of threadless, it was a relief wooden sculpture of this I made at college, I don't have any pictures any more, but the sculpture's still knocking about at my dads.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

so dumb.

but i love it.

and then it made over $700 on society6 and it was the icing on the cake.

FoodStampDavis
jeffreyg said:

so dumb.

but i love it.

Cool brag, bragger.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

At first I was like "I can't choose a favorite baby" but then I remembered I totally can and will

FoodStampDavis
Morkki said:

At first I was like "I can't choose a favorite baby" but then I remembered I totally can and will

I like a lot of your babies, but that is probably also my favorite baby of yours.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
jeffreyg said:

so dumb.

but i love it.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
FoodStampDavis said:
Morkki said:

I like a lot of your babies, but that is probably also my favorite baby of yours.

yes, sweet punchy man babies

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni

I take a lot of my work and make simple, 3-frame animation loops of them. This one is my most recent, and takes the cake of my most favorite thing (thus far). I want to do more cuddly animals in machines of war, so maybe I'll make a series like this.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
RonanL said:

I take a lot of my work and make simple, 3-frame animation loops of them. This one is my most recent, and takes the cake of my most favorite thing (thus far). I want to do more cuddly animals in machines of war, so maybe I'll make a series like this.

so.....fucking....majestic....

*  wipes away tear
TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

My most favorite thing right now is probably this, because it's something I would personally like to wear.

Usually whatever I'm currently working on if I'm having fun. I hate my old art, bleeehhhh. And I actually am kind of pleased with some crap I'm doing for my boring day job, so there's that. It's no Bearwatch though.

Perrypod, Hatoomba No Masa will always have a special place in my heart.

P.S. That panda gif is super rad.

fourLTRS

Ooooh ^^^ that's supah cool!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
RonanL said:

I can see why that'd be your favorite, Melmike. I also think it's one of your best

Agreed! I own the shirt and it's wonderful. :-D

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:
RonanL said:

I can see why that'd be your favorite, Melmike. I also think it's one of your best

Agreed! I own the shirt and it's wonderful. :-D

I like this one of yours the best Tiffany, and wear it regularly.

taz-pie

i really really wish i could own my very own hatoomba no masa tshirt. that this still makes me laugh like an idiot. actually- i saw tori amos live a few weeks ago, and I KID YOU NOT, one of her cover tracks she performed was "the lion sleeps tonight." it was bizarre and hilarious.

aaaanyway, brace yourself for srs moment:

i guess the piece that meant the most to me were two pencil sketches i did while i was in a mental hospital. the one i gifted to another patient lady who had no eyebrows, and the other to the nurses who looked after me. the nurse one is hanging in the foyer of the hospital now. i was there for over a month. the hospital had the most incredible garden, so both sketches were of some flowers.

sweet story time: i had my birthday whilst in hospital. no-eyebrows found out about it, and asked her son to bring a chocolate cake during visiting hours. so there i was, having "happy birthday to you" sung to me by a whole bunch of insane people. it was so lovey, actually. so the sketch for her was to say thank you.

anyway. tmi.

pijaczaj
pijaczaj profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

My most favorite thing right now is probably this, because it's something I would personally like to wear.

Usually whatever I'm currently working on if I'm having fun. I hate my old art, bleeehhhh. And I actually am kind of pleased with some crap I'm doing for my boring day job, so there's that. It's no Bearwatch though.

Perrypod, Hatoomba No Masa will always have a special place in my heart.

P.S. That panda gif is super rad.

that is really cool 8)

Manupix

This photogram is still dear to me although it's quite oooold.

Working with the huuuuge 50x60cm polaroid camera was such an intimidating treat. Got lucky a good result came out within a reasonable film expense.

Great stuff in here threadpeeps! Also taz-hug for no reason =)

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

At the moment probably this, if only because getting my art on a beer label was pretty much my lifelong goal. You can enter to be selected for the next art label series on their website. The prize is $200 and a bottle with your label on it, plus the label links back to your website when scanned and they put up an artist's profile on their own website. All in all, pretty cool.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Bravo! Some really cool things to be proud of are in here.

Thanks for sharing TAZer, that is a touching story. I wish you had a photo of the art to show us.

My favorite things I ever made were part of a series of 10 but I only really loved three of them:

These are ceramic masks, glazed, with hand woven hemp rope to hang them on the wall. I would find beads and found objects (peacock feathers) to incorporate into the masks. I really liked the idea that I was making something that could buried and survive for a few thousand years to be recovered later. There is also something therapeutic about getting my hands into clay. I once thought I would make a career out of making these things, or at least supplemental income but I could not find a market for them. Now, when I can (which is not very often), I make them for fun.

Kellabell9
Kellabell9 profile pic Alumni

Clearly.....

But seriously probably this mural for a baby's room because even though it wasn't my original art my friends were so appreciative and amazed that it made me happy :)

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

probably a tie between these two... still surprised that Hoover Dam never made it to print

and this one i loved the idea of and the simplicity... another one i thought would for sure print

FoodStampDavis
Kellabell9 said:

Clearly.....

But seriously probably this mural for a baby's room because even though it wasn't my original art my friends were so appreciative and amazed that it made me happy :)

Oh my god. That mural. I want that to be MY room.

Will you accept a million dollars?

Post-dated, third party, out-of-state, bad check, that is.

lordofmasks
lordofmasks profile pic Alumni

Probably this series of large-scale paper masks,

or this series of laser cut woodblock prints.

Both of which were part of my senior show last year.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us