Close
One second...

things you normally do but might not be normal for everyone else

sometimes I hold a cookie in my mouth while I eat it, and just take bites while leaving the yet to be eaten parts hanging out the edge. I don't remember when I started doing this, but it was to keep my hands free to either do something else or hold more cookies.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
1 design submitted -

I'll hold my earphone wires in my mouth while i listen to them. I just like the way they feel

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I like hummus with pizza, my friends tell me it's just wrong

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I often put remote controls in my mouth. And phones. And basically I'm a baby.

lxromero
1 design submitted -

I basically eat babies

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I do the same thing you do with cookies, but with baby carrots. It's pretty efficient. I can't think of anything else. u.u

Morkki

I'm a lizard baby. To be precise.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I nibble chips one at a time, with my front teeth, like a gerbil. Only when I'm by myself though because I think it's weird.

vanillablue
vanillablue profile pic Staff

All liquid that I drink is called juice. If I have a glass of water I will call it a glass of juice. All food that is in bite-sized portions are called guys. Chicken nuggets = chicken guys. Pretzels = pretzel guys.

I also like ketchup and ham sandwiches. I open up cans of soda so they get a little flat before I drink them.

nidya

I used to like taking off my bed sheet, just the bottom area so that my feet can touch the mattress when I sleep. I still like the way it feels but I have better self control now,,

Wolfgang8885

I cry because I touch myself.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

If I'm grumpy or feeling down I often clap once really loudly to break the mood. Seems to work.

vanillablue
vanillablue profile pic Staff
Wharton said:

If I'm grumpy or feeling down I often clap once really loudly to break the mood. Seems to work.

I'm going to try that

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I pull my pillow cases off a little bit so they're loose, then I lay with my arm under the pillow and my thumb or a finger in the pillow corner. Seriously the most comfortable thing in the world.

lxromero
1 design submitted -
vanillablue said:
Wharton said:

I'm going to try that

I hope it happens in here. Not that I hope youre down or grumpy, I just want to hear a single lonely clap

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Unless it's cold-weather-season (and the house isn't heated sufficiently), I'll sleep with my feet (and most of my legs) outside of the covers, no pants, no socks.

taz-pie
5eth said:

I pull my pillow cases off a little bit so they're loose, then I lay with my arm under the pillow and my thumb or a finger in the pillow corner. Seriously the most comfortable thing in the world.

that is fucking adorable

Morkki
L-M-N-O-P said:

Unless it's cold-weather-season (and the house isn't heated sufficiently), I'll sleep with my feet (and most of my legs) outside of the covers, no pants, no socks.

I'm the opposite, unless it's really hot I'll fold the end of the cover under my feet to make a kind of sleeping bag. Need to seal all the cold air out!

taz-pie

ok so i have really bad insomnia, right? i have this weird problem very rarely when i take melatonin with a sleeping pill. i wake up in the morning to discover that i have ATTACKED my feet before falling asleep. seriously, pulled off skin, scratched myself, pulled off toenails. WUT

Wharton
taz-pie said:

ok so i have really bad insomnia, right? i have this weird problem very rarely when i take melatonin with a sleeping pill. i wake up in the morning to discover that i have ATTACKED my feet before falling asleep. seriously, pulled off skin, scratched myself, pulled off toenails. WUT

Wait, doesn't everyone do that?

taz-pie
Wharton said:
taz-pie said:

Wait, doesn't everyone do that?

quick google search says no :(

gasponce
taz-pie said:

how do you pull off toenails and don't die with pain?! ;d

Chipmnk

I often mess around with my hair throughout the day because I feel like it never looks great.

Chipmnk

I also fart into jars, which I then seal and label with date, time, emotion, and color.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

I click my teeth and count things - everything. in my head.

ISABOA

like when I am driving I cannot pass a road sign or light pole without clicking my teeth and counting it.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni
ISABOA said:

like when I am driving I cannot pass a road sign or light pole without clicking my teeth and counting it.

Dude, I do this too! I usually do it with reflectors on the road too, and sometimes parked cars

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I cannot stand next to my bed at night in the dark for fear monsters will get me. Yes, at thirty six. I knowwwww. so I'll go into the room first with the hall light still on, make sure Babezilla is not all knotted up in his covers and that he's sleeping ok, rearrange him if he needs it, then go out into the hall, turn off the lights and then kind of launch myself into bed as quickly as possible while trying to be quiet and cover up with a sheet at least, no matter how hot it is, because everyone knows the monsters can't get you under your covers.

I can force myself not to do these things, but it's kinda excruciating.

celandinestern

also I do a bunch of stuff that the rest of you here listed, so I guess they're not that uncommon. Except for the nail pulling thing, I don't do that.

Wharton

I'm terrified of sharks no matter what kind of water I'm in. The sea, river, lake, swimming pools (even the bath for a period). I was recently in Switzerland swimming in a lake and totally freaked out. Fucking Jaws.

ChrisDB
vanillablue said:

All liquid that I drink is called juice. If I have a glass of water I will call it a glass of juice.

We used to call water 'Government Juice'

I sometimes add,minus, multiply or divide the numbers in a numberplate so that I can get all the numbers between 1 to 9. So like my number plate ends in 7835, 7+3+5=15, then the 15-8=7, then that 7 divided by the original 7 =1. Yeah...sometimes I'm in traffic a lot. Lol.

I also repeatedly count the stairs in my house. And measure swimming pools using my own 'foot' units.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

I don't like having the closet door open in my bedroom and seeing monsters inc didn't help any.

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

sometimes when people sneeze......I say "bless you"

celandinestern

Sometimes if I exhale or blow some air in my husband's direction he'll do this little wavy motion like he's a blade of grass bending in the breeze. It's one of my favorite things about him.

ISABOA

that's freaking adorable Lidija

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

If I'm not talking or participating in some activity, I'll catch myself clicking/grinding my teeth together in rhythmic time. It's also a nervous tick if I'm uncomfortable or irritated.

thompson98

When i go to lunch and we have different things I will still say "yeah I know" when they say "That was the best -insert food-". I do it but don't know I'm doing it

Wharton

I talk to my cat Molly more than I speak to anything else (I work from home alone) (Cue Macaulay Culkin gifs).

taz-pie

i used to talk to my cat pickle ALL DAY. i prefer animals to people anyday.

taz-pie
taz-pie said:

i used to talk to my cat pickle ALL DAY. i prefer animals to people anyday.

just to clarify: her name was pickle. she was not a pickled cat O.0

Morkki

Who doesn't have a pickled cat?

EstefAzevedo
1 design submitted -

I create stories that I am the lead character during boring conversations

WednesdayCat

I read magazines newspapers etc, from back to front.

JamesArends

Well, I usually try my best to ignore the sounds of little leprechaun in my head. He occasionally tells me to burn things...Did I mention he has bad manners?

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

when walking around i look at each building and wonder if it would be secure during a zombie apocalypse... probably not that rare but i still think I'm weird for doing it

heykimby

I seem to cry a lot more than the average person, and for different reasons too. Like, I don't cry in sad movies, or at funerals... but I will start crying when I feel super confused about something or am generally overwhelmed by life. It was much worse when I was younger because shit is hella confusing for a kid.

heykimby
wullagaru said:

when walking around i look at each building and wonder if it would be secure during a zombie apocalypse... probably not that rare but i still think I'm weird for doing it

It took me a while to stop planning escape routes from buildings in case there was an earthquake... Even after I moved away from NZ post-quakes. But that seemed to be pretty normal for anyone who experienced them.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Sometimes I'm too tired or just too lazy to make a real dinner, so I'll just eat ingredients one at a time. Like just now, instead of making a quesadilla, I ate some cheese, then some turkey slices, then half of a tomato, and then I figured, hell, why not eat a tortilla? so I did that too.

postlopez
postlopez profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I fill my sodas up completely with ice at home to make them last longer and save money.

Alternatively, at restaurants with a soda fountain, I get no ice. So I can have the maximum amount of soda for the expense. 3 refills at least, and I always ask for one to go. Probably because soda my only source of caffeine.

I also unconsciously tear labels off of bottles, probably just as a result of nervous fidgeting.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us