Close
One second...

Plumbing Simulator // UP FOR SCORING

Plumbing Simulator is now up for scoring!
Thanks for your help during the process, and thanks for all scores and comments! :-)

06/24/14

Update 07/23/14

Watch this
HannahBanana3450

I think this is a really funny idea because you're right--Mario never does any plumbing. I personally like it better on the green background since it makes Mario stand out more than the pipe. Also, this is super minor, but I noticed that certain parts of the illustration are outlined and others are not (like the overalls), so if you outlined everything it might make Mario "pop" more.

ADHDecals

Great idea and artwork, but doesn't exactly fit into the "Make up a Video Game" contest, as it is just a parody of a video game that is already well-known.

Day V

Thanks, Hannah! I’ll work on it :)

Also thanks ADHDecals, i guess you’re probably right… :/ i was so enthusiastic about the idea that I forgot about the contest a bit! Anyway, I will finish the design, even without submitting it.

Thanks for your help!

RedBlueKeir

Great design! I personally love this, the bob-omb hidden in the toolbox is a nice touch. Green background is best imo and I agree about the outline idea. Give him a nice solid outline :) and maybe a left arm? Hehe. Keep it up!

soheerelevant

oh hahahah very nice. I keep forgetting that mario is a plumber .. agreed on the outline--I think a dark blue outline for his overalls would be good. I also much prefer the flat version of the "A" button . the dark blue one. I found the white 3D version a little distracting? maybe because the A was only slightly above the other letters--either be purposeful with the disalignment or keep in on the same line?

you should still submit it (just to the general contest thing... I actually did the same with my design. i was thinking of doing something surreal but it ended up just being on a play on words thing)

tray-c

great idea! I think you should make it more clear that he is plumbing, because the thing he is working on doesn't remind me of plumbing. Maybe have him work on a toilet or a sink or something. Also, I would add more shadows and highlights on mario's clothing to make it stand out some more. I love the "tap A to repair" you should def keep that

Day V

Thanks everyone for your help! You guys are the best! :D

tray-c, thanks! i see what you mean, probably something like a toilet would do a lot better. I will go back to sketching now and see what happens :)

Day V

Thanks again for your help! You motivated me a lot to keep going with this, and I am really happy with the results so far!

I put away the "tap A to repair", because in the end it was too much of a distraction I think. How do you like it?

Greets, peace and happiness to all you guys on Threadless, you're great :D

Links Arsenal

I like it this is something that calls out to me. It feels like a more realistic version of Mario which i think is pretty funny. Its simple and taking out the tap B was a good choice because simple is better! Other then that I think maybe a few more tools lying around would fill it up the design better. BTW Solid design, and I hope to see this up for print deff a good t shirt design!

If you have time check out my design would like much needed feedback!

https://www.threadless.com/forum/post/996530/a_heros_story/

Day V
Links Arsenal said:

Other then that I think maybe a few more tools lying around would fill it up the design better.

I think another Mario Power-Up would be nice. A Mushroom, a star or something like that. I just don't know how to add any more things…

I'll think about it a little more, try to improve it and submit it this weekend!

Day V

Plumbing Simulator is now up for scoring! Thanks for your help during the process, and thanks for all scores and comments! :-)

No account?