Working on a new idea. (Update #1)

I finally came up with another idea I would like to work on for a tee design. A kid breaking away from the ground with holding balloons. Here is a first sketch:

Updated:

I am wanting to develop this idea if you think it could work for a tee? Comments appreciated.

Watch this
Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Execution and style will make or break it. If you're going to go ahead with it straighten the strings of the balloons! :)

Christina.A.art

Not sure what's below the ground if it's like a sun or the earth? Is the piece of land breaking away from the ground too? if so the land could have some balloons tied to it too but that would prob take away from your concept. I like the balloons... I would like to see more space from him floating away or lifting up by the balloons from the land.

tobias.white.77

The concept is fine but there is very little flow to the composition or visual balance. Trying reading this tutorial article I wrote I while backGolden Compositions

Wolfgang8885

So he's breaking away from the ground by floating away with balloons but the ground is already floating away?

Hmm, not too sure this concept is strong enough.

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

thanks everyone, all great suggestion! @ Wolfgang8885 you may be right, I will have to think about this a bit more and see what I come up with.

@ Akaka good idea of keeping the strings straighten for the balloons.

@ Christina.A.art I will work on that, I may drop the whole balloon idea but will think of something for the next update. :)

@ tobias.white.77 thanks I def will check out that link.

HannahBanana3450
Christina.A.art said:

Not sure what's below the ground if it's like a sun or the earth? Is the piece of land breaking away from the ground too?

I think this is confusing too...the ground has clearly floated quite a bit since there's a shooting star up there, but the little dude is also floating? Maybe just ditch the ground altogether?

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
HannahBanana3450 said:
Christina.A.art said:

Not sure what's below the ground if it's like a sun or the earth? Is the piece of land breaking away from the ground too?

I think this is confusing too...the ground has clearly floated quite a bit since there's a shooting star up there, but the little dude is also floating? Maybe just ditch the ground altogether?

good idea, I may like the idea of not having the ground in there.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

I'm not too big on this one. I can see what you're thinking, with the kid floating of to space. I just don't see it working as a design, I feel it needs movement. Animated or well a comic strip might work.... as is it needs something to balance out the comp. The star looks nice, but it's way different from the kid, so I would make the star cartoon like as well. Move the shooting star above and a little behind the kid and make more bigger stars. Hmmm I'm thinking might this work as a negative space design ? make the kid bigger and a cut out where the starts are ?

because this looks really nice https://www.threadless.com/designs/day-night-12 when did this happen and I missed it :(

just thinking out loud :)

Ephyeah

I love it! Just work on the kid and the balloons a bit eh, Theo? Otherwise great illo. :)

Wolfgang8885

It makes more sense without the ground but I feel like it is still not strong enough of a concept to stand alone. Unless you make it very artsy and almost awe inspiring, showing a kid in awe of space, this is just kind of random. :(

No account?
Join Us