Close
One second...

What would make you participate more on the forums?

n00dz or shotttttttssss?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

Nude shots

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

more stupid fun stuff less "vote for me" and "this is where i complain about stuff" threads

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Yes and yes

Morkki

Also, the #52 thing seemed fun at first but the tumblr/forum hybrid threads are awkward

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I miss the "guess the score" blogs, where you got cool stuff for guessing right. I got a lot of awesome stuff from Threadless peeps back in the day.

Morkki

Silly photoshopping threads are the best

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Silly photoshopping threads are the best

^This... and noodly booze

[+duracell-]

Ya guess the score was fun when people paid up. Nowadays without the zero score and with dwindling voting numbers, I couldn't even tell you what a good score is. It wouldnt be the cleanest/most popular solution but I suppose if you got rid of the social media aspect of threadless.. people would pretty much have to participate on the forums.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

What is social media?

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
EZFL said:

more stupid fun stuff less "vote for me" and "this is where i complain about stuff" threads

Yarp.

I love the forums... well, loved them. It's such a sea of "vote for me" and "how do I do this" and "I hate [new site thing]" that it's no fun sorting through to find the fun, relaxed stuff.

Now, I realized that "vote for me" and "how do I do this" are largely what the forums are actually FOR, but you asked what would make ME participate again so FUCK YOU, Jeff!

FoodStampDavis

I also like "actual" discussion as much as "stupid fun stuff." Those two things make me happy.

PeculiarTiffany

I like promo blogs and I hate promo blogs. I rarely do them because I don't want to spam up the boards, but they're great for people that don't vote on everything. If some people didn't post promo blogs (ie sweet n sour), you'd never know they subbed something. There are the notifications, but it's easy for stuff to get lost in there. Maybe there should be a particular place for promo blogs?

lxromero

I think promo blogs should have some weight behind them. Like process blogs, those are cool because it's nice to look behind the curtains so to speak.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

A section devoted exclusively to Jamiroquai discussions would be ideal.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Where'd he get that hat?

Wasn't the video for Virtual Insanity wild?

lxromero

[+duracell-]

C'mon Steve, be serios for once :l

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Bring back the fun stuff! Threadless TeeV, photoshop person/thing themes, guess the score, etc.

Remove the pinned "The Official Threadless Design Promotion Blog!" from the top and just let the forums flow with goodness. It simply being there may be the sole reason for the countless "score this" "help me" "promote here" posts that have been flooding the forum for quite a while now.

"My two cents are free!" - Eminem

Wheels03
Wheels03 profile pic Alumni

This may be dumb and arbitrary, but what about adding badges and signatures? Maybe give each user a more personal touch to display their community involvement so they're not just another avatar with a default icon.

FoodStampDavis
Torakamikaze said:

A section devoted exclusively to Jamiroquai discussions would be ideal.

I wouldn't mind a weekly video blog series hosted by Steve wherein he answers all of our Jamiroquestions.

dsds
lxromero said:

Nude shots

Yeah, maybe Miss Threadless, styled like Miss Playboy :P And then Mr Threadless, completely unstyled :P The winner gets his/her design printed :PPP

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

nothing

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Less chobes asking chobe questions, more locals only, more nubs being straight up cool.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I used to haunt the 2+2 poker forums, which were absolutely brilliant. A lot of great photoshop threads. Anyways, I can't really say what made them so great, other than there were soooo many people on them just wanting to talk about dumb shit and laugh at whatever took their fancy. But they were also pretty heavily policed. Any n00b asking dumb questions in the wrong place got burned pretty damn hard.

One thing I did like was you got something next to your avatar to say how many posts you've made, so you could tell who was really involved and who wasn't (or who was just starting out).

Wheels03
Wheels03 profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

One thing I did like was you got something next to your avatar to say how many posts you've made, so you could tell who was really involved and who wasn't (or who was just starting out).

Exactly!

FoodStampDavis

I'd like it if the forums taught me card tricks.

melmike

I think the houses is a great idea, but it needs to be managed by Threadless (we can't be trusted), and have proper incentives and rewards. I have no idea what that might entail. Maybe a spot is a house is something you have to earn somehow. Exclusivity is cool, and might encourage more people to get involved, but there has to be some kind of reward offered by Threadless.

FoodStampDavis
melmike said:

I think the houses is a great idea, but it needs to be managed by Threadless (we can't be trusted), and have proper incentives and rewards. I have no idea what that might entail. Maybe a spot is a house is something you have to earn somehow. Exclusivity is cool, and might encourage more people to get involved, but there has to be some kind of reward offered by Threadless.

I back this.

PeculiarTiffany

Agreed on the house thing. An official version of something similar would be neat and would motivate people to become more involved. The motivation just wasn't there for the house leaders, unfortunately. But dang participation was way up when the houses were new.

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:

Agreed on the house thing. An official version of something similar would be neat and would motivate people to become more involved. The motivation just wasn't there for the house leaders, unfortunately. But dang participation was way up when the houses were new.

I'll be House Leader for a small salary!

dsds
melmike said:

I used to haunt the 2+2 poker forums, which were absolutely brilliant. A lot of great photoshop threads. Anyways, I can't really say what made them so great, other than there were soooo many people on them just wanting to talk about dumb shit and laugh at whatever took their fancy. But they were also pretty heavily policed. Any n00b asking dumb questions in the wrong place got burned pretty damn hard.

Well, talking seriously, that's exactly what makes me to participate in forums - the community or even it could be just few people with whom you feel connected. And here 99% of ppl are worried about scores, royalties, and sometimes to show off their wit (or something). There is no 'spiritual glue', mostly just competition. Ergo, we need few philosophically-inclined trolls :P

dsds
melmike said:

I think the houses is a great idea

House Harkonnen? Or HQ of the Galactic Empire? :P

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

I like these: 1. Updated format for houses (I thought of joining in the first edition, but due to my irregular activity here and falling off the face of Threadless for couple of months it turned out the best for any unlucky house that would've accepted me :)) 2. Creating separate space for exchanges of courtesies in form of "give me 5 I'll give you 5 no matter how lousy I think your design is" threads

As for promo blogs @theInfamousBaka mentioned: Did you mean any blog about one's current design or challenge-specific designs and/or WIPs (I've got 3 of those going on at the moment) or the kind of blogs I mentioned above in point 2? 'Cause maybe both kinds need separate tabs in forum?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

i've never understood the whole house thing... always seemed too complicated and then there was like, no point.... like why bother participating? plus, the current houses have been around for what seems like over a year...

i'd participate more if we could delete blogs... i hate that we can't delete posts so much... it's made things so cluttered. The cool blogs all get pushed pages away because of the constant flood of dumb blogs from new users either complaining or promoting...

i know a blog moderator is out of the question, but some sort of moderation needs to be done because i rarely look at the everything page, i just look at my watched blogs mainly and those never move...

The blogs used to be fun... now it's like 90% people wanting me to answer college surveys about threadless and 10% new people drama

Twiggyhall

some of the things/items/stuffs mentioned above but mostly having a job where I can be on here...new(ish) job is much more strict about internet time :/

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
Twiggyhall said:

but mostly having a job where I can be on here...new(ish) job is much more strict about internet time :/

definitely this... we're all growing up i think...

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

winning house gets a pizza party!

lxromero
Ryder said:
Twiggyhall said:

but mostly having a job where I can be on here...new(ish) job is much more strict about internet time :/

definitely this... we're all growing up i think...

Speak for yourself

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni

I second this emotion.

Ryder said:

i've never understood the whole house thing... always seemed too complicated and then there was like, no point.... like why bother participating? plus, the current houses have been around for what seems like over a year...

i'd participate more if we could delete blogs... i hate that we can't delete posts so much... it's made things so cluttered. The cool blogs all get pushed pages away because of the constant flood of dumb blogs from new users either complaining or promoting...

i know a blog moderator is out of the question, but some sort of moderation needs to be done because i rarely look at the everything page, i just look at my watched blogs mainly and those never move...

The blogs used to be fun... now it's like 90% people wanting me to answer college surveys about threadless and 10% new people drama

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni

Real talk: Threadless should focus on getting more people to score and comment on subs than encouraging blog discussions. Vote totals and comments are really low and I think everyone (Threadless, artists, consumers) would all benefit from more voters voting and providing quality feedback.

Just my two cents.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

I don't know if many would agree with me, but I think having the submissions posted under everything helped the forums look a lot more active and it encouraged more people to look at subs and participate more. Nowadays, the forum almost looks static all day long, with maybe the top few posts alternating positions. Most of the time I come here and the newest post was made ~4 hours ago, so I just leave.

Also, I know a lot of people get burnt out on scoring, so having the subs incorporated into the forums always made scoring subs and commenting a lot more relevant. It was more of a social thing that was a huge part of the community.

melmike
5eth said:

I don't know if many would agree with me, but I think having the submissions posted under everything helped the forums look a lot more active and it encouraged more people to look at subs and participate more. Nowadays, the forum almost looks static all day long, with maybe the top few posts alternating positions. Most of the time I come here and the newest post was made ~4 hours ago, so I just leave.

Also, I know a lot of people get burnt out on scoring, so having the subs incorporated into the forums always made scoring subs and commenting a lot more relevant. It was more of a social thing that was a huge part of the community.

I'm not sure how this worked, but I'm intrigued.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni
melmike said:
5eth said:

I'm not sure how this worked, but I'm intrigued.

I remember when they nixed that, it was a relief to see all the free space in the blogs, but I think I agree with you. at the very least, it was one way to see what was getting talked about and people who more often blogged than scored would go check out what the fuss was about. I'm always on the general tab anyways, but bringing back the option to see subs on the forums page might bring some activity up for both parties.

I don't know if there's some specific solution to get this place as active as it used to be. I understand that the fb page is convenient, but I'm not much a fan of it, and it killed most of whatever traffic this place would get. and the clique-like bubble that page would sometimes encourage would kill my motivation to participate in general. I feel pretty much welcome in both places, but it was just an occasional bad vibe.

maybe you could get more out of the notifications feature to mimic what makes the fb page convenient. like let us know what people we follow made a blog or something.or have a filter option in the blogs to show if someone we follow made comments somewhere. maybe some kind of like system that could also highlight good comments.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

also, maybe if we could access the blogs through the app.

thompson98
FoodStampDavis said:
melmike said:

I back this.

I back this too. also, I would love for 'give me a 5 and i'll give you one back' threads, and that salalove1 guy who keeps posting ads for China. With these deleted it would make a huge difference

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

Bring back submissions currently scoring to be visible in the forums!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us