Close
One second...

Help me plan for Threadless Reunion please :)

Hey guys, I'm really hoping I can make it to this year's Threadless Reunion and was wondering if you can help me plan?

Well, first of all, I got a new job, but I'm waiting to get word on whether I got through there as a permanent employee. Once that's sorted, I've gotta go apply for a visa. Sometimes it's a little troublesome to get one, but I'm hoping I get through.

Regarding flights, it would be cheapest for me to get to Florida. Round trip tickets from Trinidad to Florida would cost around US$520. Round trip tickets to Chicago would cost around $1200 - $1600 and that's having to catch a connecting flight from Miami anyway. What's the most practical and economical way to get to Chicago from Florida?

Then of course there's accommodation. If possible I would love to come in from even a week before. However if I can't, I guess I can at least get there from the Friday to Monday.

So any help or advice you can share would be great. Also, what sort of budget should cover the time across there?

Thanks in advance guys! I'm really looking forward to making it :)

Watch this
lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

gonna bump this to see if anyone can help out. I would suggest you apply to the visa sooner rather than later, its not so much difficult as it is time consuming

lxromero

also remember tourist visa application is like $200 or $300 bucks last I checked. Granted this was like 7 years ago so it might have changed a bit

lxromero

ah and that hostel is right next door to a really good cuban food place, just sayin...

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Don't people get murdered at hostels? Or is that just in the movies?

lxromero
TheInfamousBaka said:

Don't people get murdered at hostels? Or is that just in the movies?

i made the mistake of trying to find a gif to be funny but now I'm just grossed out...

ChrisDB

Thanks guys! I'm thinking next week I'm gonna head out and sort my visa. Just asked my dad and he renewed his recently and it was about $150 and he got through within a week.

I'm all down for sleeping in the warehouse :P

No account?
Join Us