Close
One second...

Sono arrivato in Italia!


Watch this
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Time to eat les baguettes

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

waaaaaaaay ahead of you

gasponce
1 design submitted -

et fromage!

taz-pie

time to eat croissants.

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Is it a romantic weekend or a backpacking adventure?

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Bienvenue! Hope you have a great time!

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

Wow! Did they do that for you? Nice welcoming gesture ;)

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Its a family affair. I'm at the inlaws for three weeks before heading off to Florence for a wedding. Here's the view from our window:

I know... C'est la vie.

I'm already on a steady diet of red wine, 10 different kinds of cheese, baguettes and croissants.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

Its a family affair. I'm at the inlaws for three weeks before heading off to Florence for a wedding. Here's the view from our window:

I know... C'est la vie.

I'm already on a steady diet of red wine, 10 different kinds of cheese, baguettes and croissants.

Hope you'll have enough time to enjoy a bit of Italy when you'll be in Florence ;)

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I wish Elia, just one day in the city Florence, then another in Rome, with a bunch of wedding stuff in-between. Will be pretty hard to cram much in with a stubborn two-year-old in tow.

Manupix
melmike said:

I'm already on a steady diet of 10 different kinds of cheese.

Cool, only 390 to go! (approx)

Have a nice stay =)

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

You will be super busy, I can just imagine! But at least you'll have a chance to eat a lot during the wedding ahah in my opinion june and september are the best months for enjoying the Mediterranean area! Have a nice stay in France and Italy!

JaymeArt

how exciting :]

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Two-year-old can be so much fun on long haul flights!

[+duracell-]

avec mes . . . watersliiides

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
The Paper Crane said:

Two-year-old can be so much fun on long haul flights!

When we landed in France, a woman took all three of us straight through customs, meaning we didn't have to wait an extra hour in line, and someone mumbled, " I wish I had a kid with me" as we passed... And I'm thinking, you have no idea what you just wished for.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Dinner in the garden last night:

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

omg that looks good !

have a great time :)

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Just in Firenze for a few days unfortunately, see a few things, attend a wedding, then off to Rome for one day and it's Holiday over : (

Already had some delizioso pizza and gelato and seeing some incredible architecture. The Italians are all so nice too.

heykimby

Jealous! Sounds like you're having a great time :)

gasponce
1 design submitted -
heykimby said:

Jealous! Sounds like you're having a great time :)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
gasponce said:
heykimby said:

Jealous! Sounds like you're having a great time :)

Manupix
melmike said:

The Italians are all so nice too.

Must be a shock after the grumpy frogs!

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
Manupix said:
melmike said:

The Italians are all so nice too.

Must be a shock after the grumpy frogs!

haha, I didn't want to say anything, because I love frenchies too, but yeah, they take gruffness to an art form sometimes.

I will say something about the italians, they are CRAZY when it comes to traffic. Drivers, vespa riders, cyclists, pedestrians all mixing together, it's kinda scary.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

crazy but also weirdly patient in traffic? Like a car will be squeezing through a super narrow pedestrian street flooded with people, forcing you to clamber on plant pots to get out of its way, but it will never honk at you, just politely wait for you to realize its revving its engine just behind your shins.

Manupix
celandinestern said:

crazy but also weirdly patient in traffic? Like a car will be squeezing through a super narrow pedestrian street flooded with people, forcing you to clamber on plant pots to get out of its way, but it will never honk at you, just politely wait for you to realize its revving its engine just behind your shins.

Exactly! I had an enlightening driving experience in Naples loooong ago, it was at the same time crazy and cool. No regulation whatsoever was respected, not even red lights, but peeps would give you the right of way just out of niceness if you came from the wrong side. Also there was a permanent semi-traffic jam but no-one would rush to fill a suddenly available space.

Gotta understand very fast though that vespas have absolute priority no matter what, even over pedestrians, otherwise you're in trouble!

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

I will say something about the italians, they are CRAZY when it comes to traffic. Drivers, vespa riders, cyclists, pedestrians all mixing together, it's kinda scary.

hahaha welcome in Italy! Enjoy your stay ;)

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I loved the pizza al taglio places in Rome. Easy to find, cheap and delicious. Try the one with potatos and rosemary!

No account?