Close
One second...

BEERBOCON 2014: It happened!

Aw shit. It's almost here. You thought I forgot, didn't you? I didn't! Here's the tentative schedule for Beerbocon 2014. Some of these events are subject to change times, based on availability, as I'll need to know exactly how many people are for sure coming to confirm reservations. So...

If you are definitely attending, post "OHFUCKYES" in here NO LATER than by 6:00PM CST, Tuesday, May 27th

Every brewery reservation is different. Some I can only set the week of, and others have to be bought more in advance (aka, if you are for sure going, you'll be responsible for purchasing certain tickets right away so our group can be confirmed, which I will link you to accordingly.)

So here's what we've got so far. (I'll be adding more adventures as the date draws closer.)

FRIDAY, JUNE 6th

5:30PM: Friday Fish Fry at Lakefront Brewery Beer Hall - Because you can't come to Wisconsin on a Friday without attending a Fish Fry. And how convenient that we can end our meal and head right to a tour...
7:30PM-8:00: Lakefront Brewery Tour - PRICE = $7
includes four draft servings of Lakefront Brewery beer, and a Souvenir Pint Glass. Tickets can be purchased in advance HERE. I would strongly suggest buying these right away. 30 tickets are available to purchase online, and 30 spots are allocated for walk-ins. So if you don't get your ticket, you'll have to take a chance at being a walk-in.
8:00PM-PASSOUT: MOAR DRINKING. We'll close off the night with some good ol' fashioned bar hopping on the East Side near Brady St., making sure our last stop includes closing historic Wolski's. (And hey, you get a free beer there too for taking the Lakefront tour! MOAR BEER, right?!)

SATURDAY, JUNE 7th

(Breakfast/lunch/recovery TBD)
2:00PM-3:30PM: Sprecher Brewery Reserve Tour - PRICE = $20
(NOTE: THERE IS A LIMIT OF 18 PEOPLE FOR THIS TOUR)
This isn't your grandma's tour. Unless your grandma is awesome. Then I apologize for insulting her. I'll just pull the description from the website. "Reserve tastings are done in smaller groups than the regular tour/tastings and feature the company's premier and limited edition products. Each guest will receive 10 samples of Sprecher beers, each paired with a different artisan cheese." Beer and cheese pairings? Well shit on my face, that sounds delightful!
4:00PM-4:30PM: Clock Shadow Creamery Cheese Factory Tour - PRICE = $3
5:00PM-7:00PM: Milwaukee Brewing Company Open House Tour - PRICE = $15
Milwaukee's only cheese factory tour, located right across the street from MKE Brewing Co.!
"The Saturday 5pm Open House is a casual two-hour opportunity to sample flavors, ask questions, socialize, and see the brewery on “mini-tours”. This format is ideal for those that have taken the technical tour, and are interested in sampling our new or seasonally released flavors."
It is wise to purchase these tix in advance as well. (Make sure you select OPEN HOUSE tickets)
7:00PM - PASSOUT: Dinner ar Palamino followed by Bay View bar hoppin.

SUNDAY, JUNE 8th

OPEN SCHEDULE. We'll see how this day pans out, because Sunday hours are tough to work around. So, I'll just list the places and hours we should visit:

• Milwaukee Art Museum - Hours 10:00am-5:00pm. PRICE = $17
    The Milwaukee Art Museum is a must see if you've never been. If you need a chance to sober up from the previous evening. A morning museum visit, is a great way to kick off the day.

• Milwaukee Public Market - Local vendors, chefs, food, drank, treats. The Public Market has it all. And if you feel like going on a shopping spree, you can explore all those trendy ass stores in the Third Ward. (And pssst... you can go check out my art hanging at HotPop.)

• Great Lakes Distillery - Tours at 1, 3, and 5:00pm. PRICE =$7
    Wait. You still want to drink? Sure, we can do that if time allows it. And who said we only need to drink beer? Great Lakes makes some fine vodka, gin, whiskey and more which is all to be sampled on this get drunk instantly tour.

OTHER DEETS

Getting from here to there: Though I'm trying to arrange the schedule in a way that's mostly walkable, there will be times we'll need to use wheels. And with the days consisting of nothing but drinking, it's best not to have to worry about driving. Milwaukee doesn't have the best public transportation, but we did recently acquire Lyft which, although I haven't used it personally, have heard good things. I know you Chicago folk dig it. So download that app, if you haven't. Or make your friend do it.

HOTELS: Some of you may be in need of a sleeping establishment. I just may get a room myself, because being a tourist in my own town is fun (and I don't live as close to things as I used to). I recommend staying away from hotels in the heart of downtown, because it's dumb there. I'll just leave it at that. Here are some hotels to look into that are all in the same vicinity, all SUPER close to our planned Friday activities and reasonably priced. Did I mention Milwaukee is a super cheap place to visit?
Park East Hotel
The Knickerbocker on the Lake
Astor Hotel

SO OKAY. That's what I've got for now. There's more to be had, but I needed to get you excited. So I'll continue to update here as we get closer.

The OHFUCKYES List:
Torakamikaze
Female Torakamikaze
kihou
male kihou
jeffreyg
merkinspurlock
crystal
crystal friend 1
crystal friend 2
jesshanebury
cshimala
sgauthier13
jtroast

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
kihou

Ohfuckyes for myself and my man friend. I can offer to be dd as well depending on where we go and parking.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Yeah, Liz!

Need to get all them rsvps in here!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

OHFUCKYES

crystalr
crystalr profile pic Staff

OHFUCKYES

crystalr

MKE just got uber too, but they only offer uberx and black cars. they also had some crazy ass promotion of 5 free uberx rides up to $25 until 5/31.

Torakamikaze
crystal said:

MKE just got uber too, but they only offer uberx and black cars. they also had some crazy ass promotion of 5 free uberx rides up to $25 until 5/31.

Cool cool! Thanks for the info!

Also, Crystal, are your two friends still on board?

crystalr
Torakamikaze said:
crystal said:

Cool cool! Thanks for the info!

Also, Crystal, are your two friends still on board?

Oh yes! I just sent them this. I talked to them yesterday and they were still in.

Torakamikaze

Wonderful. Will everyone who's ohfuckyesing be able to make it for the friday fish fry?

I'll need a confirmed number of people before I can make the reservation.

[+duracell-]

Don't..Forget.. the Tartar sauce.

Torakamikaze

Tell Tartar... I love.... ughhhhhhhhhh

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff
1 design submitted -

OHFUCKYES!!

Torakamikaze

OOOYEAH!

Preference question!

For the Milwaukee Brewing Co Tour, we could either do the 4:00pm tour, which is the slightly more formal hour long tour, or they have a two hour open house from 5:00-7:00pm which consists of more drinking and less touring. I've heard good things about the open house. Haven't been myself yet! Which would you doods prefer?

sgauthier13
sgauthier13 profile pic Staff

OHFUCKYES(YESYES)(YES)

jtroast

I'm in for the fish fry and friday night activities!

Torakamikaze
jtroast said:

I'm in for the fish fry and friday night activities!

Zweet. You in for other day activities too?

Torakamikaze

Alright. Reservation for fishparty should be a go. Now it's time to buy some tix. I strongly recommend buying your tickets for the Lakefront and Milwaukee Brewing Co tours ASAP. Like, todaysap if you can in order to secure your spot. Make sure you follow the instructions above for purchasing those tickets.

Lakefront = June 6th @ 7:30PM Milwaukee = June 7th OPEN HOUSE @ 5:00pm-7:00PM

Don't worry about getting your own Sprecher reserve tickets. Those will be ordered all together, and will be owed that day.

Final reiteration: You are responsible for purchasing your Lakefront and Milwaukee tour tix. Get them now. Only a certain amount are allotted online, and while there are tickets reserved for walk-ins, it's never a certainty that you'll get in.

cshimala
1 design submitted -

Just a heads up the 2 hour Milwaukee Brewing Company Open House Tour is actually $15

jeffreyg

tickets BOUGHT

Torakamikaze
cshimala said:

Just a heads up the 2 hour Milwaukee Brewing Company Open House Tour is actually $15

Whoops! Forgot to update that. Thanks Craig!

crystalr

im REALLY excited for the friday fish fry. I really miss that about WI.

Torakamikaze
crystal said:

im REALLY excited for the friday fish fry. I really miss that about WI.

I'm excited too! I haven't been to one in a while myself, and have never been to Lakefront's!

Torakamikaze

ALSO! Since I changed the time for the Milw Brewing Co tour, we've got some time open in between that and Sprecher. Would you guys like to do a cheese factory tour as well? It's right down the street from MBC, so we could walk there after. Cost is $3, and it lasts a half hour. If I can snag a 4:00pm slot we should have enough time to go between tours. And then we can go for a late din din at 7:00.

Torakamikaze

ALSO ALSO. Reservation fo fish is officially confirmed. They won't seat us until everyone is present, so try to be there a little early if you can, FYI

jeffreyg

yes to cheese. i'll bring my lactase pills

Torakamikaze

Better bring some lactase lubricated condoms as well, just to be safe.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Hold on. There's a female Torakamikaze?

Torakamikaze
Morkki said:

Hold on. There's a female Torakamikaze?

Some say there's a female torakamikaze in all of us.

Torakamikaze

Added Saturday dinner location to continue my objective of making Crystal happy.

Torakamikaze

So, I didn't realize we could also order the Sprecher tickets online as well, because sometimes I'm stupid. I'll need you cats to go purchase those tickets as well. All spots are still available, so go ahead and grab em now!

HERE IS THE LINK

Just to refresh, make sure you purchase RESERVE TOUR tickets for June 7th @ 2:01pm. Yeah!

Torakamikaze

*"RESERVE TASTING"

crystalr
Torakamikaze said:

Added Saturday dinner location to continue my objective of making Crystal happy.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torakamikaze

Everyone get their tickets?

cshimala
1 design submitted -

Yup. So much beer to be tasted. I hope we all survive the daytime activities.

Torakamikaze

I'm already drunk and exhausted just thinking about it

Torakamikaze

2 days!

Where's everyone stayin?

cshimala
1 design submitted -

Jess, Jillian, Jeffrey, Shawn and myself are staying at my friends place.

jeffreyg

i just printed like a million things

Torakamikaze
cshimala said:

Jess, Jillian, Jeffrey, Shawn and myself are staying at my friends place.

Coooooool.

jeffreyg said:

i just printed like a million things

Is it poop pictures? I hope it's poop pictures.

Also. I assume everyone's cool with meeting at Lakefront Brewery tomorrow?

crystalr

I'm staying by my friend's place that's super close to lakefront brewery!

cshimala
1 design submitted -

Cool with that meetup spot.

Steve where are you staying?

Torakamikaze

I'll be staying at home, which is kind of butts. Gotta devise a way to get back there. haha

[+duracell-]

sooo....

this was a thing, yes?
Anyone take any pics?

cshimala
1 design submitted -

Indeed it was a thing. Pics will be shared in an upcoming recapper.

[+duracell-]

Awesome, thanks Craig!

Torakamikaze

ooo! Recapper! I've been too busy with work since I stopped drinking last weekend to post anything. But yes... things indeed happened, and it was wonderful.

Luckily everyone else took pictures, cause I'm bad at that sort of thing.

merkinspurlock
merkinspurlock profile pic Alumni

I have some pics n stuff too! I'll upload soon

[+duracell-]

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

[+duracell-]

..probably just drank some Capri Sun i bet

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us