Love is… well, advice is welcome! Dun n' subbed.

https://www.threadless.com/designs/love-hate-3
Did this for "Make a Statement". Wondering which to pick for the main sub, white, color, white outline, full black? Will add different mock-ups if I can't find a winner! Thanks for feedback!

Watch this
JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni

Nice type! Not so much fan of the white outline on the black backgrounds though. I think your design really stands out best in the last mockup, on a yellow background. Dig that version!

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Thanks a lot Jacques! I'll forget the white outline thing then. And probably go for two mockups, white on black & black on yellow.

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

I am going to be seriously annoying her and say that I can't read it? Sorry. Your love is ? poison my fuel.

v_calahan

Haha, well, intended in a way, but maybe not that much! Double, triple, quadroolple entendre… It should (could) be read, Love is my Fuel / Hate is your Poison or… Love is my Poison/Hate is your Fuel and so forth… whatever comes to the reader's mind, considering it can be read at all!

v_calahan

Naaa… true enough that Hate is a sneaky one in there. But on the bright side, it suits Hate well, hiding to seize some innocent soul!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

B/W - I could love the messy can't really read deal, but it really is hard to read. I feel it's on the fence and could maybe benefit from either being more clear or messier, so it wouldn't be in the frustrating zone of "I'm supposed to read that ?"

v_calahan

Thx Bianca & Kevin. B&W has a lead. Mmmmm… I'm perplexed about having to change it or not. I like the fact that it is has a hard to read aspect, then again I don't want it to get dismissed because of it… Dunno maybe spacing the main four words more would help…

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

great type! however I agree with The Paper Crane and only read "Your love is ? poison my fuel." I can read it more though with the red on black version or white on black.

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

I think it has a potential to be read 4 ways that would make sense (for me at least): 1. your hate is my poison 2.your love is my poison 3. your hate is my fuel 4. your love is my fuel It would need placing "is" before "my" - you'd still have 4 possible meanings and your intended puzzle, And all that of course depending on how much open for interpretation you want this thing to be :)

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

oh and besides above - I think your lettering is awesome Color ways - I'd go with black/yellow & yellow/black

v_calahan

Thanks for the input Tomasz, well the more meanings the better… I like the fact that the viewer consciously or not picks a meaning. But I'm reworking the spacing and placement of words now. "Your" is probably the one posing a problem…

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i read it as, your love is hate poison my fuel. i dont see how you could read it the other ways you mentioned but this is for a shirt and i dont think anyone will take that much time trying to read/understand it.

i would just go with a clear concise statement thats easier to get at a glance, but then again this is your design so its up to you.

D_L_C

love your style took a sec to read tho lol

v_calahan

I'm trying another version, and will decide then wether I go with the "WTF" version or the "What is says" one. I played with placement here, just a base, I think it's clearer, I still have to add the outlining and play with the letters shapes a bit but the idea is there, any better?

v_calahan

But then it means only one thing, but maybe it's for the best, since as Evan said "a clear concise statement" might be better for the challenge…

v_calahan

Thx Evan, I'll finish that one and get back when done so to see which one gets to compete for Calahan team!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

The new one is much more readable. I also prefer it without the outside outline. Once this one is cleaned up a bit I think it would be the winner.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

gotta be honest this is quite hard to read

v_calahan

Think I'm done. May not be as readable as the chart above but I'll go with that. this sub will be hated or loved, Que Sera Sera… Thanks all for helping me improve it!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

This is my favorite! Clearly readable!!

v.calahan said:

Think I'm done. May not be as readable as the chart above but I'll go with that. this sub will be hated or loved, Que Sera Sera… Thanks all for helping me improve it!

kumpaljhaveri

I think the last version is quite legible ... i love it :)

flaxenjasper

I personally like the black tee, and the red type. Yellow is ok, but we are talking about love here, so red is speaking more in that direction.

If you have the chance will you take a look at mine?

wild rumpus

v_calahan

Final sore 2.04, previous 2.35… improvement all the way! mmmm… back to my cave until I come up with good/better stuff!

No account?
Join Us